Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Sunbeam Quilted Fleece Heated Blanket with EasySet Pro Controller, Twin, Lagoon
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

Size: Twin|Design: Lagoon|Change

on November 5, 2012
I have been sleeping under electric blankets for 50 years, and this is one of the better ones I've gotten. Which is amazing considering how good the price was. The controls are easy to use even in the dark. You can't push the wrong button because there is only one button - on and off. The amount of heat is controlled with a dial. And there is enough light to see the button to turn it off in the middle of the night. It is easy to find the button, the only button, in the dark as well. And enough light, but not too much, to change the setting in the middle of the night. But because the setting doesn't change every time you turn the blanket off, you are unlikely to need to do that once you find the setting you like.

The blanket is heavy enough to sleep under, during a black out, without the electric part of the blanket. I just did that for 6 days because of Sandy. Why is that important to someone who will be using the heat? Because my experience has taught me that a blanket that can stand on its own will provide very even heat when it is turned on and you need even heat.

Some people complained that they could feel the wires in the blanket. This is true. It is also true of every other electric blanket I've had over the last 50 years.

Some people complained that the blanket wasn't perfectly soft. This is also true. I use a duvet cover, but if you use a top sheet you will have similar experiences to mine. Because it wasn't perfectly soft, it also wasn't slippery. It stayed where it was supposed to stay inside the duvet cover. I expect it stays where it is supposed to stay with a top sheet too. I consider that a plus.
11 comment|420 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 11, 2013
I have owned 2 Biddeford electric blankets and a Sunbeam, so that is what I am comparing this blanket against. The biddeford blankets were always quick to heat up and the Sunbeam not so much, so I expected this blanket to take some time in heating up. It does, but does not get as hot as my Biddeford throw. That's alright, but the real problem is when I dial it down to low, I don't really notice a difference. Even with my other sunbeam, there was a clear difference between the different levels. There may be a slight difference, but low is WAY too hot for me. Off is too cold, so I am stuck all night turning it on, waking up in a sweat to turn it off, then repeating the cycle.

The control knob seems stiff. This could be good because it will never get accidentally changed during the night, as the biddeford analog controls do. However, it does take me two hands - one to hold the unit, and the other to twist.

As others have noted, there is a full foot of unheated space on both sides (widthwise) of the blanket. This is not a problem for me, but could nudge a queen blanket towards needing a king in some situations.

If you live in an especially cold environment (read: your room gets down to 40F or less), this blanket may work well for you. I am not sure what to do with it as it is not defective, nor is it working well for me. Perhaps I will trade it with someone who has an old blanket that is more responsive.

Update:
Once I had this blanket for maybe a year, it instead developed the opposite problem. There's still little difference between the settings, but now I leave it on high because it barely gets warm. I like to keep my window open until it gets down to about 20F and the only way the bed is warm enough with this blanket is to have 1-2 blankets, a big stuffed fleece comforter and a fluffy down comforter on top with the electric blanket underneath the whole pile. Yes, you aren't supposed to smother an electric blanket, but that's what it takes for this thing to keep me warm under 45 or 50. I've got plenty of my own "natural insulation," so it's not like I'm the bony type who is always freezing. I will never ever buy another Sunbeam. I will stick to Biddeford in the future.
77 comments|194 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 5, 2013
Ordered two. When we got them, one would heat up to be very hot at a low setting the other had to be on high to get just warm. After a month, one just stopped working. Going to buy another one that may be more expensive, but hopefully more durable.
on January 8, 2013
It was wonderful the first 30 days. Since then I have to reset it every two days or so just to get a luke warm bed. AND its too late to send back.
11 comment|77 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 1, 2012
While this blanked worked, it worked great, but it stopped working a couple weeks after I got it. It looks like the process to repair it is to sending to Sunbeam. I wouldn't buy this product again simply because it worked for a very short period of time before a repair was needed.
11 comment|98 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 29, 2013
I start this off at High so when I climb into bed it's toasty warm (nothing like that feeling - I feel like royalty!). When I get into bed, I dial it to low (and I'm notoriously cold) because this keeps me very warm with only a thin quilt above it and sheet under it. We have a Queen size bed, and my husband (always hot) didn't want anything to do with the electric blanket, so it's large enough for me and yet doesn't bother him. It also has an automatic shutoff after 10 hours. The cord is also super long- as our outlet is at the head of the bed, in the middle of the bed, and it reaches easily. The heat settings are Low, 2 thru 9 and High. The controller is large enough that if you wake up in the middle of the night, it's easy to adjust.
LOVE IT!!!!!
on November 23, 2012
The blanket is larger than I expected, so it even fits over a double bed, with an inch or so past each edge. The controller shuts off after 10 hours--a good safety feature. The material is very soft and thick. A great blanket!
0Comment|86 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 16, 2013
I should have paid more attention to those who had problems with this blanket but there were many positive reviews so I took a chance. Like others, my blanket heats to barely warm even when on high. Also, there are sections that don't heat at all. Disappointed this didn't work - it was a great price.
on March 24, 2013
It worked great for a week.....then died. Before you purchase do an online search for "sunbeam electric blanket blinking" It seems to happen to a lot of people. There are numerous websites that discuss the issue. Once the control unit starts to blink you are done!!
on December 6, 2013
This the second Sunbeam Electric blanket I have purchased in the last several years. The first one lasted a few years and the recent one came damaged. I would not recommend this blanket. I dealt with DealYard and will not deal with them again. Awful customer service.