Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Sunbeam CKSBWFMW30 Mini Waffle Maker, Blue
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on April 22, 2012
I read the reviews of this and other products exhaustively before finally purchasing this one.

And I'm glad I did.

It was a toss-up between this model and a cast iron stove-top pan (I have a host of waffle makers, both electric and cast iron, and like and use each for different reasons).

What sold me on this one was the fact that it's both nonstick and will (as opposed to the griddle-style ones) cook both sides at once as I think we will all agree a waffle iron of any sort should.

Addressing the shortcomings noted, I got golden brown, crispy waffles on the very first try, eight at a time, and yes: really small. The waffles are 2" (the small side of a business card, if you need to eyeball it) and are not connected. If you're looking for the four mini break-apart waffles you get from a box of Eggo minis, you're looking at the wrong waffle iron. I found it takes until the end of the "ready" cycle when the indicator light comes back on, for a batch to be complete -- about 3-1/2 minutes. And literally, with just a light coating of nonstick spray every other batch or so, they pop right out; I didn't even use a utensil.

Depending on how much batter you use, it may seep out of the individual waffle wells and make "ears" here and there or join a few waffles, but once you let them cool, they break or pull apart with ease.

My tips: proper waffle batter is too thick to spread in such small wells and the edges might not be reached. SPREAD THE BATTER A BIT -- giving it this little nudge lets it know where to go. Also, if you're putting anything solid in the batter -- such as nuts or fruit -- they have to be fine-chopped, and then they'll work really well. MY BIGGEST TIP is the amount used in each waffle well. I use food scoopers all the time (mini ice cream scoops, sort of -- for perfect portioning of cookie dough and muffin batter and such); if you use these as well, I found a #100 scooper was PERFECT. If not, the equivalent is 2 tsp., or a 1/2 Tbsp. measure will work if you don't level it off.

I will recommend this product highly given the results, and the reasonably easy cleanup as well.
11 comment|66 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 21, 2011
I got this waffle maker thinking it would be fun to serve my kids minis since I already have a few of the 'silver dollar' size pancake pans. It was a big hit! The waffles are a little smaller than I originally pictured (1/2 tablespoon of batter goes in each one, as opposed to 2T in each silver dollar pancake) and it makes 8 at once. They take no time at all to cook and so long as I was taking them out when the light turned on, they turned out great. My normal waffle recipe turned out probably 64 minis, and my family gobbled them down with no trouble at all. Even though the grooves are thinner, it really only took me a few minutes to clean it, and it stores easily standing up. Definitely well worth my money!
on November 5, 2012
I made 200 the first time for a party and served with fried chicken bits and maple syrup as an appetizer. Chicken and Waffles! They were loved by all the guests. We also used them with a strawberry and some marscapone cream, yum. The leftover waffles freeze and warm up in 5 seconds to delight the grandchildren for breakfast. The machine is very easy to use, spray with oil, and I highly recommen putting your batter into a katsup squeeze bottle, takes less than 3 minutes. Cleans pretty well too.
on July 25, 2014
Worked very well to make mini waffles. The best tip I would add was that to be able to get just the right amount of batter into each section, I poured my batter into a plastic squeeze bottle, and cut the tip pretty wide. (The bottles I used were ones like restaurants use to put bbq sauce or ketchup in and refill.) This worked like a charm, and was so much better than all the other methods I tried (measuring spoons, pouring cups with spouts, etc.)
I made about 200 of these mini waffles one afternoon for a wedding reception where one of the items served was "chicken and waffle skewers."
on April 10, 2014
This does what it says: it makes miniature waffles. It is a unitasker. But it does its job well. We bought ours to make gluten-free mini waffles, and they turn out consistently well. Clean-up is easy -- just put a damp paper towel in there as it's cooling, let it steam, then wipe out the oil. Good to go. No complaints after a few months of use.
I wish they made this into a professional model--larger with 12 to 24 mini waffles so it wouldn't take so long to do 100 for parties! It works great for the most part and I'm still learning when to lift the lid to exact the timing. My mini chicken and waffle recipe was a HUGE hit and is now a signature on the menu. Call me when you all are piloting the professional model! ;)
on April 1, 2013
I debated for a little while on purchasing this product based on some reviews but in the end I went for it and am glad I did. I use my misto with safflower oil to grease it up a bit and it helps. It takes a teaspoon of batter per waffle. They are the perfect size for my kids eat and dip. Mini chocolate chips are perfect to make chocolate chip waffles.
VINE VOICEon August 5, 2014
Makes cute little min waffles perfect for the kids or for sliders and min-sandwiches. I just used mine to make some delicious low carb mini waffles this morning and they turned out perfectly.

Tips:
1. Use just under 1/2 TBS of batter and you won't have any problems with overflow.
2. A small brush like a tooth brush or pastry brush works great for cleaning the griddle.
on April 7, 2016
I bought this so i could make mini waffles for my mini me (toddler).
He loves the waffles. He loves helping me make them. Telling me when he light turns on and off.
The tiny waffles are perfect for little hands.
Its super easy to use and if you use the "just add water" pancake mix you can be done in under 5 minutes. Great for a breakfast on the run.

pros:
Small size
easy to operate
easy to clean. just wipe with damp cloth.

cons:
None
on June 11, 2015
I make grain free waffles for my daughter almost every day. She begs for them. This was a great purchase!

2 months in and I still use this pretty much every single day! It was under $20 when I purchased it, so definitely worth the investment.

If you're concerned with the "health" aspect of eating waffles, there are a ton of healthy, grain free recipes out there. No sugars needed. My daughter thinks she's getting such a treat and the only sugar in them is the handful of chocolate chips I throw in. One of her friends said they taste like cookies lol