5.0 out of 5 stars Quick and Easy Ice Cream
Published on August 10, 2011 by Dedra S.

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible design
Published on September 26, 2011 by Man Thursday

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick and Easy Ice Cream, August 10, 2011
This review is from: Sunbeam FRSBCB40-BLS 4-Quart Ice Cream Maker, Blue (Kitchen)
My mother-in-law had this ice cream maker and liked it, so I bought one. It works great! After you mix up your ice cream it only takes about 20 or so minutes to make it. Let it sit for a few more minutes to harden up a bit and it's ready to serve. For it's small outward size it sure makes quite a bit of ice cream. We have used this little ice cream maker at home and while camping and it is easy to use and clean. It takes up very little storage space compared to other ice cream makers that make 4 quarts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best ever. Period, September 6, 2011
I've been eating homemade ice cream at least once/month for the past 40 years (not an exaggeration), it's a Sunday family tradition and we have all types of machines, mostly the wood barrel, expensive ones (where the metal rusts from the salt) and as a consensus, everyone agreed over labor day weekend, that this ice cream was by far the fluffiest, lightest, most ready-to-eat after freezing that we have ever had. No change in recipe, just a change in machine. I bought a second one today just in case they stop making it.

5.0 out of 5 stars great item, December 27, 2011
we are in love with this product, used it twice and we are just very happy with this purchase.we received it in a timely manner also.i would recommend this product

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible design, September 26, 2011
I've been making ice cream for a long time, using many different ice cream makers. Of all the ones I have used, this is the WORST. Maybe if you used crushed ice this would work, but if you use ice with cubes larger than a dime, watch out. If a cube get's jammed in the bucket, the motor pops off. It did this to me multiple times until I gave up and borrowed a friend's maker. I wonder if they actually used this maker before they tried to sell it. Very poor design. I will be returning it to the store. I would give it 0 stars if I could.

1.0 out of 5 stars Wouldn't buy again, July 4, 2013
Worked OK the first time, but when the motor stopped, the ice cream was still a bit soupy. No worries, though, because it was the first time.

The second time? Not so good. It got jammed 2-3 times, so I dumped the bucket out, reloaded the canister and the ice and salt. Then the motor (the male part) wouldn't line up with the top of the canister (the female part). I got it on the best I could, but within seconds of turning it on, those parts (very cheap plastic) were stripped and while it would spin the canister, it did so with a big hiccup.

Turns out, it wasn't spinning the canister correctly, because after about an hour of freezing, I suspected something was wrong. I took the motor off and opened the canister: the dasher was frozen in place and the ice cream toward the wall of the canister was frozen solid -- the rest was goop.

I've used it twice have have given up. I will return it to the store and hopefully, can find a better model at a decent price.

1.0 out of 5 stars DON'T BOTHER!, July 8, 2012
An utter waste of time and money. I followed the instructions to the letter and it jammed the first time out within 45 seconds. I patiently replaced the ice and rock salt and again re-packed the ice cream maker with ice and rock salt and again it jammed.

I cleared the jam and it jammed again within 30 seconds. Clear. Jam, Repeat. Remove half the ice and rock salt and same thing in the event the motor wasn't powerful enough if I over packed it and, guess what: clear, jam, repeat. It didn't matter if I used crushed ice or cubes. Finally, an hour later and completely frustrated, I have given up.

This is the first time I have bought a Sunbeam applicance in ten years-I think it will be another ten before I try-and I'll make sure everyone I know how bad the quality is for Sunbeam.

Do NOT waste your time and money on this pathetic appliance-otherwise you will have frustration, unhappy children and no homemade ice cream.

1.0 out of 5 stars Good Before It Breaks, April 10, 2012
I've owned 2 of these and had the same issue with both, so it's no fluke....there is a gear inside that a tip breaks off of rendering the machine worthless....it's such a waste because of this tiny part of the gear. So it's like a bic lighter at this point...it's not like u can order a new gear from Gears Are Us.....what a waste of materials.....3 cheers for China....Boo Boo Boo....

2.0 out of 5 stars Oval Design is Faulty for Ice Creamaker, December 18, 2012
I have been making icecream for over 30 years and this is one of the poorest bucket designs. We found that the ice cubes locked the icecream maker and it jammed several times, even after putting water in the bucket to allow it to move more freely. I found the motor unable to churn the device and was extremely disappointed, it took forever for it to freeze because the oval design of the bucket did not allow for even distribution of ice on the sides that would allow it to freeze evenly, a round bucket design is superior. I took it back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, March 26, 2013
Do compare to similar products and share how long you've used this product.Do explain why you liked or disliked this product

4.0 out of 5 stars Just what it says it is..., December 4, 2012
I was looking for an easily portable ice cream maker to take overseas. My friend had a larger one of these and it worked great with all the right adapters for African electricity. This was smaller, but the same type. I'm looking forward to using it!

Sunbeam FRSBCB40-BLS 4-Quart Ice Cream Maker, Blue