5.0 out of 5 stars Best Purchase !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I purchased this for many reasons..........
1. a good brand name
2. a good price
3. my favorite color
4. automatic shut off
5. the tractable cord
Published 19 months ago by old Nyack Lady

3.0 out of 5 stars It is pretty big!
The dial is hard to get a hold of and turn for the settings and this is also what turns it on and off so that is a reason I would not reccommend it. It works OK - MUCH bigger than I thought it would be
Published 20 months ago by Cin D

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Purchase !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, February 27, 2013
This review is from: Sunbeam GCSBCL-201 Steam Master Retractable Cord Iron (Misc.)
I purchased this for many reasons..........
1. a good brand name
2. a good price
3. my favorite color
4. automatic shut off
5. the tractable cord
I have look at irons for the last 6 months. This was worth the wait. The iron gets hot in no time, irons like a dream, and the cord retracts with ease. Some I have looked at,the cords had to be forced back in.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm satisfied, May 10, 2014
I'm so happy to find a iron that is everything the seller said it was I used it and it was smooth ironing.Recommend this iron

4.0 out of 5 stars Purple Iron!, September 21, 2013
Have managed to live without an iron for ages but I've decided to give quilting a try and, needless to say, the fabric won't iron itself. Was looking at small "craft" irons but they cost as much, if not more, than a regular iron. Just like another reviewer, I went with this Sunbeam product because it's purple. I also felt the price was right.

I've used it a couple of times and I have no real issues with the iron. I will agree with another reviewer that considering the size of the temperature button, placing it underneath the handle isn't the best design. I do like the idea of the automatic shut off and knowing that just a couple of passes over the ironing surface "resets" the iron. The cord length is adequate and I couldn't care less about the retractable cord as I find myself already feeding it back into the iron. I like the idea that there are two steam functions (Spray Mist and Shot of Steam) even though I don't plan on using either.

Overall? I'm happy with my purchase. If something changes my opinion, I'll update my review accordingly.

3.0 out of 5 stars It is pretty big!, January 5, 2013

2.0 out of 5 stars Works great for about a year, November 20, 2012
I bought this iron for my wife a year ago. It worked great... for only about a year. Recently, we have encountered 2 major problems: 1) The water leaks/spills from the base when ironing. Essentially, water comes out of the holes where the steam comes out and your shirt/clothing gets soaked. You have to iron your clothing dry hoping the water doesn't leak out again. 2) The recoil mechanism for the chord does not work anymore. The recoil button eventually stopped working from wear and tear. We've never dropped the iron nor have we ever left any residual water in it. My wife is the only one who uses it and she spends about 1 hour of ironing per week.

Before you decide to purchase this item, I would consider checking other reviews and see if other people are reporting the same problems. My wife and I will have to purchase another iron tomorrow. The leaking water actually defeats the purpose of ironing. We can just use a wet rag in lieu of the steam/water and don't add water to the iron, but the main reason why we bought this iron was for the steam feature. I wouldn't recommend this iron to anyone if they are looking for an iron that will last longer than a year.

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty but not Ergonomic, January 30, 2014
It's purple and costs $21, who can argue with that? I purchased this because after 20 years my old iron won't steam. Despite the plastic, it is hefty in your hand, and quite large. It heats up super quickly. I haven't had the chance to use the steam yet, but someone else has: it arrived with some moisture in the tank and a small dab of something sticky on the cord. I'm not impressed with Amazon for selling me something open-box without disclosing the information beforehand. But this really loses points because it is just not ergonomic. It is heavy, and the weight leans to the top/front/pointy end, while your hand sits just behind the middle of the iron. This becomes obvious when you actually try to iron - if you want to press with any firmness, you have to lean yourself forward in an uncomfortable way because there's just nowhere for your hand to adequately grasp for the leverage that would feel comfortable. Why did so many irons transition to this forward-weighted design? And not only is it weighted forward, but also there is no ironing surface where it is natural to put your weight. Don't they realize it's easiest to put pressure down through the palm of your hand, and therefore the lower part of the iron would be more ergonomic to focus the weight? I'm glad I purchased this for sewing and don't have to use this iron on a daily basis.

1.0 out of 5 stars Piece of crap!, July 20, 2014
This iron was inexpensive, comfortable in my hand, and the steam blast worked pretty well. Sounds great, right? Well, that's only if you want the iron to actually STAY ON for more than 4 minutes at a time, at which point the Auto Shutoff did it's job MID-IRONING, and to turn it back on I had to unplug and plug it in! Until the next 4 minutes were up! So pretty much it was malfunctioning right out of the box.

Here's some of its major design flaws in case you're reading this and thinking, "Oh, she just got a lemon -- mine will be fine":
1) The iron turns on by fiddling with a shallow, hard-to-grab dial, inconveniently placed beneath the handle, with hard-to-read markings.
2) Designed poorly for water filling -- you have to fill a tiny hole with the iron laying down, trying not to bump into the fill opening lid while doing so. The hole is not angled to allow vertical filling, and the fill line indicator is only oriented horizontally. Here's a thought: how about being able to fill the reservoir with the iron STANDING UP, like irons do when they're not ironing, hello?!?
3) Retractable cord only retracts partway, after pressing the button innumerable times. Maybe they should have called it "possibly retractable cord."

Way to go, Sunbeam! *sarcasm intended* I'm going back to Black & Decker.

4.0 out of 5 stars I am very pleased with this iron, August 6, 2014
I am very pleased with this iron. I bought it because my previous decided to die in the midst of a pile of ironing. I didn't want to spend a mint but didn't want a complete cheapy either. This one fit the bill and I have to say that using it has made ironing as close to pleasurable as it can be. I especially like the heft to hand and the steam action. There's so much steam, I don't have to expend nearly as much force pressing down on the clothes. Though I would say to mind the steam, I've blasted my fingers once or twice while holding part of a shirt as I'd misjudged the cast of the steam. All in all, this may be the best iron I've bought and I'm very satisfied. 4.5 stars

5.0 out of 5 stars love it! wOULD NEVER HAVE ANOTHER IRON WITHOUT A RETRACTABLE CORD., December 27, 2012
recoommend to anyone who irons The=retractable cord is a must have; also, it's got easy controls; great partner for the household essentials fibertech ironing board

4.0 out of 5 stars I like everything about it, July 3, 2014
This was a replacement Sunbeam iron. I like everything about it, except compared to the previous one, it has a smaller fill hole, which is less convenient. Otherwise, good.

Rate and Discover Movies