Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on February 27, 2013
I purchased this for many reasons..........
1. a good brand name
2. a good price
3. my favorite color
4. automatic shut off
5. the tractable cord
I have look at irons for the last 6 months. This was worth the wait. The iron gets hot in no time, irons like a dream, and the cord retracts with ease. Some I have looked at,the cords had to be forced back in.
on August 6, 2014
I am very pleased with this iron. I bought it because my previous decided to die in the midst of a pile of ironing. I didn't want to spend a mint but didn't want a complete cheapy either. This one fit the bill and I have to say that using it has made ironing as close to pleasurable as it can be. I especially like the heft to hand and the steam action. There's so much steam, I don't have to expend nearly as much force pressing down on the clothes. Though I would say to mind the steam, I've blasted my fingers once or twice while holding part of a shirt as I'd misjudged the cast of the steam. All in all, this may be the best iron I've bought and I'm very satisfied. 4.5 stars
on June 23, 2014
My old Sunbeam iron finally wore out. SO....since I had been very pleased with it I naturally selected a new Sunbeam. Frankly the only thing I really like about it is the retractable cord. I am a quilter so I do use an iron frequently. This iron drags and winds up bunching the fabric and causing more wrinkles than it takes out. Also the thing is only about 5 months old and it spits badly. Now I am searching for a new iron and don't know which way to turn. I am wondering if maybe Sunbeam just had a "lemon" with this model. I have had many Sunbeam products through the years and always been happy with them so of course that is why I was so disappointed with this iron. So I guess I will just shop and research some more.
on September 21, 2013
Have managed to live without an iron for ages but I've decided to give quilting a try and, needless to say, the fabric won't iron itself. Was looking at small "craft" irons but they cost as much, if not more, than a regular iron. Just like another reviewer, I went with this Sunbeam product because it's purple. I also felt the price was right.

I've used it a couple of times and I have no real issues with the iron. I will agree with another reviewer that considering the size of the temperature button, placing it underneath the handle isn't the best design. I do like the idea of the automatic shut off and knowing that just a couple of passes over the ironing surface "resets" the iron. The cord length is adequate and I couldn't care less about the retractable cord as I find myself already feeding it back into the iron. I like the idea that there are two steam functions (Spray Mist and Shot of Steam) even though I don't plan on using either.

Overall? I'm happy with my purchase. If something changes my opinion, I'll update my review accordingly.
on January 5, 2013
The dial is hard to get a hold of and turn for the settings and this is also what turns it on and off so that is a reason I would not reccommend it. It works OK - MUCH bigger than I thought it would be
on January 30, 2014
It's purple and costs $21, who can argue with that? I purchased this because after 20 years my old iron won't steam. Despite the plastic, it is hefty in your hand, and quite large. It heats up super quickly. I haven't had the chance to use the steam yet, but someone else has: it arrived with some moisture in the tank and a small dab of something sticky on the cord. I'm not impressed with Amazon for selling me something open-box without disclosing the information beforehand. But this really loses points because it is just not ergonomic. It is heavy, and the weight leans to the top/front/pointy end, while your hand sits just behind the middle of the iron. This becomes obvious when you actually try to iron - if you want to press with any firmness, you have to lean yourself forward in an uncomfortable way because there's just nowhere for your hand to adequately grasp for the leverage that would feel comfortable. Why did so many irons transition to this forward-weighted design? And not only is it weighted forward, but also there is no ironing surface where it is natural to put your weight. Don't they realize it's easiest to put pressure down through the palm of your hand, and therefore the lower part of the iron would be more ergonomic to focus the weight? I'm glad I purchased this for sewing and don't have to use this iron on a daily basis.
on June 14, 2015
I used to have this brand for 4 years but now I got a new one from Amazon. I am not sure what's wrong with this one but it's not working like what I expected and my roommate went and got another brand.
I am really disappointed and not sure if the quality is bad now or I wasn't lucky this time
on April 8, 2016
I love this iron. The retractable cord is probably my favorite part. I really wish every tool with a cord had one that was retractable, makes storing them so much easier. As far as ironing, it works perfect. Heat settings are as expected and I haven't ruined a piece of clothing yet (which is something I'm usually apt to do). I wouldn't really consider the color a very important aspect, but in case it is to anyone reading this review the purple is the same in person as it is in the picture. It's easy to fill the water chamber and steam function works great. 5 stars!
on November 20, 2012
I bought this iron for my wife a year ago. It worked great... for only about a year. Recently, we have encountered 2 major problems: 1) The water leaks/spills from the base when ironing. Essentially, water comes out of the holes where the steam comes out and your shirt/clothing gets soaked. You have to iron your clothing dry hoping the water doesn't leak out again. 2) The recoil mechanism for the chord does not work anymore. The recoil button eventually stopped working from wear and tear. We've never dropped the iron nor have we ever left any residual water in it. My wife is the only one who uses it and she spends about 1 hour of ironing per week.

Before you decide to purchase this item, I would consider checking other reviews and see if other people are reporting the same problems. My wife and I will have to purchase another iron tomorrow. The leaking water actually defeats the purpose of ironing. We can just use a wet rag in lieu of the steam/water and don't add water to the iron, but the main reason why we bought this iron was for the steam feature. I wouldn't recommend this iron to anyone if they are looking for an iron that will last longer than a year.
on October 10, 2014
Don't waste your money. This iron is awful. I should've just returned it right away, but I stuck with it and wound up throwing it away just over a month after purchasing it. The soleplate was awful. Right from the start it didn't glide over clothes and it just got worse and worse. I now have a Shark that I am very happy with.