Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on September 5, 2013
Being a professional seamstress, I use an iron daily. This is the best iron I have ever used!! I have had about 10 irons during my years of sewing professional sewing and this one is the best iron I have purchased, hands down!!! The steam is awesome and the temperature is spot on. I love the large water reservoir and the weight of the iron. This iron doesn't leak water, which is a pain when ironing. You will not be disappointed with this iron!!
0Comment| 415 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 31, 2013
After 15 year of owning ohe Rowenta iron, with only one repair, it bit the dust. Assuming I would buy another Rowenta I was surprised to see all of the reviews mentioning that the quality had really gone downhill. I bought this iron after reading all the reviews, but was a bit doubtful given it's low price in comparison to Rowenta. This iron was also the one available for pressing in an advanced sewing class I used and the instructor recommended this iron. I have used it now for about 30 hours of ironing time and can state that this iron is better than my old Rowenta. The only difficult thing is to see how much water is in the tank as the blue plastic is not as easy to see through as clear plastic. TIt is important not to overfill it as that just causes water to run out onto the board, but that is what overfilling causes in any steam iron. The steam tank lasts much longer than the Rowenta, and it's blast of steam works wonders on heavily wrinkled linen, heavy denim and cotton. It is not too heavy, and glides easily. It's fantastic for sewing, the blast of steam instantly presses seams without leaving them wet. I have also ironed silk chiffon and charmeuse (with pressing cloth), silk tweed, rayon challis, nylon - all perfect using the heat settings the instructions recommend. The retracting cord is great for storage, though I'd be careful to retract is carefully as is the case with all retractable cords similar to one in a vacuum cleaner. If you like to iron and need a strong performing iron, this is the one for you.
0Comment| 274 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 18, 2013
This is my second Sunbeam Steam Master. The old model was dropped so I had no hesitation in purchasing the same brand of model. This new model heats up fast and irons the winkles out of clothes much faster than the previous one. What is great about this iron and the iron before it is that it never self cleans all over your clean clothes leaving stains. It also has a retractable cord. The only negative is that it retracts so forcefully that it will wack your hand if you do not protect it somehow. I use the edge of the ironing board as a shield.
33 comments| 223 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 31, 2013
Recently, I had the good fortune of choosing the Sunbeam GCSBSP-201 Turbo Steam Master Professional Iron. Just goes to show how one can benefit from reading the product reviews here at Amazon. Over the past several years I have owned four brand new so-called "top of the line" steam irons ... and have thrown them all away in disgust! Each one dripped and/or sputtered water, even when the temperature controls indicated that the irons should function flawlessly. I would carefully review the operator's manuals and faithfully follow all the instructions, but still there would be a mess and my sewing projects ended up marked with water spots. GRRRRRR!!!

Enter this FABULOUS Sunbeam steam iron, which does everything exactly as promised. Not a single sputter or drip! EVER!!!

BONUS: The iron appears to be a bit large, but is extremely light-weight and keeps my arthritic hands happy while they work. Also, the retractable cord keeps the iron safe and secure when not in use, and not needing to coil the cord and figure out how to make it stay in place has made life so much easier.

I simply could not be more pleased with this product, and am very, very glad that I decided to shop on Amazon, because I could not find this miraculous small appliance at any retail store.
0Comment| 153 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 27, 2016
To be fair, I did not order this from Amazon, I purchased it at Target. I am leaving this review on Amazon because I believe this iron may be potentially dangerous. I have purchased two of this model in the last two months. I had the exact same problem both times. The first had the problem so I returned it thinking it was a random defect. I purchased a replacement and had the exact same thing happen. The iron worked great for me, but I soon noticed it always left a strong, weird smell in the air. It wasn't long before I noticed that the front end of the iron was actually melting. Apparently it was overheating and causing the front part of the iron to literally melt. Just like the first one, I returned it for a full refund. I plan to notify Sunbeam as well as the CONSUMER PRODUCT SAFETY COMMISSION.
If it hadn't been for this defect I would've loved the iron. It worked well and looked great, but certainly not worth having your house burn down.
Please see the attached photos of the melted and deformed iron.
review image review image review image review image
33 comments| 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 23, 2013
I'm a guy that has been doing his own ironing for 50 years. This iron is the best I have used. Good weight and lots of steam. well worth its cost. I have tried it out on varied material and have no problems yet.
11 comment| 66 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 30, 2015
I recently bought this and using it for last 2 months.
This is really great iron one could get for the price.

I love the retractable chord feature. No more tangling of wire and it occupies less space.
Storing the iron is also easy with chord in retracted position.

It comes with 5 cloth type setting and 4 steam burst settings.

This also holds more water than my previous iron, I did not have to refill it in the midst of ironing cloths.
review image
on March 19, 2013
My wife is so pleased with this iron after using others that
she was able to complete her ironing which was always
a pain. It just glides over clothing and does a beautiful job.
on April 2, 2012
I've had this iron for a few weeks and it works great. Love the retractable cord and the steam gets the wrinkles out.
on December 24, 2015
I was quite surprised at how effective this iron is. My previous iron is far smaller and cheaper. This iron can hold a lot of water and get a lot steam. It does have an auto retractable cord and automatic shut off if not used for a certain period of time. I had a really wrinkled pair of jeans that would have taken me about 10 to 15 to iron with my old iron but, with this sunbeam I was about to iron out the wrinkles in half the time. This iron will last me a long time.
review image review image