5.0 out of 5 stars Best Iron Ever!!!
Published 13 months ago by Linda Wade

1.0 out of 5 stars Received USED item TWICE from Amazon!!!
Amazon, I am disappointed in you! This rating is for you!
I ordered this iron for two reasons -
1). I have owned a Sunbeam for years and loved it, but the retractable cord broke.
2). This iron received great reviews.

Published 7 months ago by Justin Baker

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Iron Ever!!!, September 5, 2013
This review is from: Sunbeam Steam Master Iron with Retractable Cord, GCSBSP-201 (Misc.)
Being a professional seamstress, I use an iron daily. This is the best iron I have ever used!! I have had about 10 irons during my years of sewing professional sewing and this one is the best iron I have purchased, hands down!!! The steam is awesome and the temperature is spot on. I love the large water reservoir and the weight of the iron. This iron doesn't leak water, which is a pain when ironing. You will not be disappointed with this iron!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good iron, May 18, 2013
This is my second Sunbeam Steam Master. The old model was dropped so I had no hesitation in purchasing the same brand of model. This new model heats up fast and irons the winkles out of clothes much faster than the previous one. What is great about this iron and the iron before it is that it never self cleans all over your clean clothes leaving stains. It also has a retractable cord. The only negative is that it retracts so forcefully that it will wack your hand if you do not protect it somehow. I use the edge of the ironing board as a shield.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best iron & great price, works well for both heavy fabrics/sewing as well as for delicates, August 31, 2013
Needs to know (Northern California) - See all my reviews
After 15 year of owning ohe Rowenta iron, with only one repair, it bit the dust. Assuming I would buy another Rowenta I was surprised to see all of the reviews mentioning that the quality had really gone downhill. I bought this iron after reading all the reviews, but was a bit doubtful given it's low price in comparison to Rowenta. This iron was also the one available for pressing in an advanced sewing class I used and the instructor recommended this iron. I have used it now for about 30 hours of ironing time and can state that this iron is better than my old Rowenta. The only difficult thing is to see how much water is in the tank as the blue plastic is not as easy to see through as clear plastic. TIt is important not to overfill it as that just causes water to run out onto the board, but that is what overfilling causes in any steam iron. The steam tank lasts much longer than the Rowenta, and it's blast of steam works wonders on heavily wrinkled linen, heavy denim and cotton. It is not too heavy, and glides easily. It's fantastic for sewing, the blast of steam instantly presses seams without leaving them wet. I have also ironed silk chiffon and charmeuse (with pressing cloth), silk tweed, rayon challis, nylon - all perfect using the heat settings the instructions recommend. The retracting cord is great for storage, though I'd be careful to retract is carefully as is the case with all retractable cords similar to one in a vacuum cleaner. If you like to iron and need a strong performing iron, this is the one for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars FINALLY, A STEAM IRON THAT DOES ***NOT*** SPUTTER OR DRIP!, August 31, 2013
Tartan Lass (Gorgeous Pacific Northwest) - See all my reviews
Recently, I had the good fortune of choosing the Sunbeam GCSBSP-201 Turbo Steam Master Professional Iron. Just goes to show how one can benefit from reading the product reviews here at Amazon. Over the past several years I have owned four brand new so-called "top of the line" steam irons ... and have thrown them all away in disgust! Each one dripped and/or sputtered water, even when the temperature controls indicated that the irons should function flawlessly. I would carefully review the operator's manuals and faithfully follow all the instructions, but still there would be a mess and my sewing projects ended up marked with water spots. GRRRRRR!!!

Enter this FABULOUS Sunbeam steam iron, which does everything exactly as promised. Not a single sputter or drip! EVER!!!

BONUS: The iron appears to be a bit large, but is extremely light-weight and keeps my arthritic hands happy while they work. Also, the retractable cord keeps the iron safe and secure when not in use, and not needing to coil the cord and figure out how to make it stay in place has made life so much easier.

I simply could not be more pleased with this product, and am very, very glad that I decided to shop on Amazon, because I could not find this miraculous small appliance at any retail store.

1.0 out of 5 stars Received USED item TWICE from Amazon!!!, March 22, 2014
Amazon, I am disappointed in you! This rating is for you!
I ordered this iron for two reasons -
2). This iron received great reviews.

I received the first one, opened the box and it was obviously used and put back in the box poorly. I examined it anyway and there were fingerprints, sticky stuff and water spots on the sole plate - it looked like someone had it for a good while. I immediately requested a replacement, explained why and packed it up to ship back. I was happy that the second one arrived so quickly, actually, the same day I was shipping the first one back. Guess what, same thing happened. So sad. I showed my family and they all agreed, this iron also was used. I am not super picky, but when I purchase something new, I expect it to be new. Come on Amazon, don't be misleading. Sell the used ones as used at a greater discount. I could have bought this used. But I chose not too. So this one will be returned. I will try one more time, if not, then Amazon is not reliable.

4.0 out of 5 stars love the feel, September 23, 2013
TOM BENAWAY (MIDLAND, MI United States) - See all my reviews
I'm a guy that has been doing his own ironing for 50 years. This iron is the best I have used. Good weight and lots of steam. well worth its cost. I have tried it out on varied material and have no problems yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic iron!, March 19, 2013
My wife is so pleased with this iron after using others that
she was able to complete her ironing which was always
a pain. It just glides over clothing and does a beautiful job.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Iron, April 2, 2012
I've had this iron for a few weeks and it works great. Love the retractable cord and the steam gets the wrinkles out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Iron for a great price, September 3, 2013
I bought 3 other irons trying to find a good one and this one fits the bill. I iron all the time and use it when I sew as well. Great iron for a for the price.

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent but annoying at times., October 14, 2013
Cons:
1. Bigger than average iron boxes.
2. Hard to read the settings and see water level because of the green background
3. Cord gets in the way most times.
4. Water leaks at times.

Pros:
1. Heats up quick for steam iron
2. sole plate seems to be holding good so far.