Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

100%

on January 5, 2011
This in depth look at the development of the practice of incarceration in Arizona is a wealth of information. No other book gives as complete a history and understanding of the trend toward mass incarceration and punitive rather restorative justice practices in the southwest. A must read for anyone involved with the criminal justice system in Arizona.
on March 10, 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed this treatise on the evolution of 'crime and punishment' in my home state - especially since I spent a little time working for the State Senate back in the 1990s. I learned some things I didn't know and think the author did an excellent job in her investigation of this facet of the state's history. She also tied Arizona's evolution into the situation found in the rest of the West/Southwest area of the country. I think anyone considering a law enforcement or otherwise criminal legal career would certainly enjoy this book.