Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Vipre AntiVirus + AntiSpyware
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on October 15, 2009
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I'm never sure what to say about AV products. In the end, what you would like them to do is nothing. Not slow you down, not bug you with pop-ups and generally just pretend to not be there, waiting for a virus which might never show up.

Well, so far so good.

I'm going with 5 stars simply based on the fact that I haven't had any issues. I run another AV on another machine that murders my machine every time it does a drive scan. I can't do anything while it's running. I have yet another product on another machine that loves to pop up windows and tell me what it's doing, which I mostly find to be annoying. Is my machine on fire? Is a virus erasing my hard drive? No? Then stop buggin' me.

Vipre, at least, doesn't bother me and doesn't interfere with what I'm doing. Jolly good, I say.
VINE VOICEon August 18, 2009
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Only works with recent versions of Windows. Installed without a hitch. Does not slow my system a bit (Norton sure did!) Updates fine. Seems to be working fine. Have not had any problems, and that is certainly a good thing. I have not had to utilize any of the support options. Another good thing. Other reviewers have praised the support highly. The EULA allows all computers under one roof to be covered by the license. Another nice feature. Only drawback I've noted is the lack of a firewall with this package. In summary, Vipre is affordable, simple to use, and effective. It's probably as good as the other option out there. Hopefully, they'll include a firewall soon.
on January 7, 2010
This Vipre anti-virus software is excellent, it doesn't use a lot of system resources and updates are relatively quick. I had a technical question and called customer service, to my surprise someone actually picked up the phone and said hello. They forwarded me to another live tech and resolved my problem very quickly. There help desk is somewhere in the US and not outsourced overseas. I had Kaspersky 2009 before and did not like it. It was effective in stopping attacks and malware but slowed my computer down quite a bit. Kaspersky's updates are painfully slow. I highly recommend Vipre for their amazing customer support, excellent price and well executed product.
on June 22, 2009
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I have been using counterspy for years and always loved the product. When friends and coworkers had talked to me about a virus they couldnt remove or how slow their pc was running I would recommend counterspy and it would fix the problem. When they released Vipre it just seemed like the smart way to go to ensure compatiblity and it hasn't dissappointed. It's scan is very thorough and picks up trojans and spyware that neither mcaffe nor norton were able to detect. I know this from experience when I fixed my brother-in-law's computer. He had already ran a deep scan with mcaffe and couldn't remove a trojan that vipre located and deleted. Highly recommended!
on March 16, 2010
I've been a Symantec user for years, but bought the Vipre software this year after reading professional and user reviews. The product is cheaper than Norton, and from what I can tell, similarly effective and much better supported. I have been totally frustrated by the lack of tech support for many computer products these days (ever try reaching Hewlett Packard about a printer issue? - don't bother!), so when I read accounts that Norton has been unfairly dinging people for tech support calls, that was it. As it turned out, I needed a few pointers on the Vipre installation. A live, helpful human being was available by phone with only a modest wait.
VINE VOICEon June 25, 2009
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I've worked at a few of Vipre's competitors over the years. And what interested me about this product was that it was created holistically and not something that has been modified and updated over the years with a jerry rigged engine for the anti-virus and anti-spy combo. Since at their core, I believe the majority of at home internet security solutions are all basically the same, this was why I wanted to try it out in my own home.

It was very easy to install - and quickly identified threats that my free anti-virus/anti-spy software had not identified. The interface is user friendly and it has sped up the start up time of my computer. I also like that there is an unlimited home license. We have three computers in the house and they all need to be protected.
on February 27, 2010
I love this product. I have installed it on 2 desktops and 3 laptops I have at home. I had for more than 3 months now and I am very happy with it( I had it for a free month trial before purchasing it). No other company that I know of provides such excellent licensing. It loads quicker than Mccaffe or Trend Micro. I had used one then the other early on. It also seems not to create as much overhead on the machine. It does not have a firewall but no big deal, windows kicks in that. It has simplistic but perfectly functional menus. Overall excellent product. I recommend it to anyone especially with more than 3 computers at home.
on July 7, 2014
My software stopped working after a good year after buying it so I was not that mad. It was a small error so I was fine calling the customer support line. AFTER staying on HOLD for 30 MINUTES, I decided to just uninstall and get a new software. TERRIBLE customer service. I will never make that mistake again!
on January 11, 2010
I have used Symantec Antivirus for years and years. I switched to Vipre, mainly because I became annoyed with how intrusive Symantec became, prodding me over and over to renew the license, when I still had one month to go.I am glad I did. Vipre is easy to use, easy to install and works very effectively. It found two elevated risk viruses and one high risk Trojan horse that the combination of Symantec and another spyware program had failed to identify, maybe for a long time, until now. Another big plus is that I have three computers and the Vipre license covers all three.Enough said, I am sold on this product.
VINE VOICEon August 7, 2009
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I must say that this product is very good. I used the Sublet CounterSpy for a while but I had to remove it because it conflicted with my F-Secure suite. My experience with Counterspy was positive therefore I wanted also to try this antivirus.

First of all I am surprised by how little resources this uses. It is very light and fast. My only complaint is that it is not part of a security suite. I will try also the Sunbelt Firewall and if it is as good as Vipre I will purchase it.

Highly recommended. I currently have Norton and FSecure and although Norton is better than FSecure, it has its flaws.