5.0 out of 5 stars Star-crossed lovers
Published 12 months ago by DW

SPOILER ALERT!!!
I was really looking forward to read this book. It's been in my wish list for some time now.
Everything was well till I got to the last chapter. The ending was brutally salvaged. Imagine this:
the whole book so far is interesting, details are nicely revealed, the story is not stalling.
And then you hit this rough patch, where an author...
Published 19 months ago by Irina

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice idea, good paced, flowing writing, but rushed and salvaged end., February 25, 2013
SPOILER ALERT!!!
And then you hit this rough patch, where an author with imagination could make a nice plot knot
out of it, but instead she decided to kill the main characters in a ridiculous situation. No logic,
just out of the blue, and we are talking about a family, with infants. Why the hell??? And how is
it possible, in one minute the relatives are described as fearful and not really reliable, the next
they are so trusted that our heroes leave their children in their care and "die together" ?!?!
The f is wrong with you? And not to mention the the final scene was just absurd.
If you can swallow this down, read this book. But if you are like me, and love complete and
thought through plot lines with good execution - don't, you will be disappointed in the way a good
story has been butchered.

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting people & premise, October 1, 2013
This review is from: Sunburn (Kindle Edition)
An entertaining read, with some mystery/suspense and good characterization. It was a bit difficult to believe that two species from different worlds can interbreed, especially when they are so different that one can spontaneously combust the other when in heat. The ending was a bit over the top on the police reaction and the hero's solution, but there is still a half-alien kid on which to base a sequel

5.0 out of 5 stars Star-crossed lovers, September 2, 2013
This review is from: Sunburn (Kindle Edition)
Jake only wants to be an ordinary man, but unfortunately there is nothing ordinary about him - as Helena discovers when they become star-crossed lovers in every sense of the term. Elaine Waldron's modern sci-fi romance poses a few cogent questions about how a person really would behave in Jake's situation. Can he hide the fact that he is one of a kind? Does his basic difference cause unforeseen consequences? Above all, is it really his fault? Elaine Waldron raises these questions, and others, in this deceptive tale, full of ominous foreshadows, that will keep the reader guessing until the very end.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the $ or the time, June 4, 2012
This review is from: Sunburn (Kindle Edition)
I usually trust the reviews I read on the books I'm interested in but in this case, I don't know what planet these reviewers are from. This book had no character development and the story made very little sense. I was sorry that I wasted my money and my time on this book!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Totally Different Then What Im Used To, May 28, 2014
This review is from: Sunburn (Kindle Edition)
The book is totally different then Im used to, but held my attention. I thought the details and such was good. The ending did seem a little rushed but that is probably because I didnt care to see it end where it did. I wondered how they would raise the kids with "human" children and such.

3.0 out of 5 stars just not for me, August 5, 2014
This review is from: Sunburn (Kindle Edition)
I didn't really care for this book. Its not a bad book per say," I" just didn't like it, the circumstances and the sadness, oiy!! And, with that ending I had to delete from my kindle. After all the crap went through, uugh.

5.0 out of 5 stars NICE BOOK, March 23, 2012
This review is from: Sunburn (Kindle Edition)
I LIKED THE BOOK BUT I THINK THAT IT COULD HAVE ENDED BETTER. IT KEPT ME INTERESTED AND IT WAS EXCITING BUT IT SHOULD HAVE COVERED MORE GROUND OF WHAT HAPPENED LATER IN THE BOOL. THE ENDING WASN'T COMPLETE.

5.0 out of 5 stars Imagination, July 10, 2011
This review is from: Sunburn (Paperback)
I just finished this book and was very impressed by the story plot. It was very unusual, not your everyday romance story, it has a unusual twist to it that keeps you reading until the end. Great Story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Masterpiece By Elaine Waldron., June 6, 2012
This review is from: Sunburn (Kindle Edition)
"Another Masterpiece by Elaine Waldron" says it all. In my opinion Elaine Waldron's vampire books are the best in their genre. If you like to read about a female's adventurous and romantic involvements with a male vampire, don't waste your time and money reading anything else; just read this book. Elaine, keep up the great writing. Your many fans can hardly wait for your next great book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Must read!, April 7, 2012
This review is from: Sunburn (Kindle Edition)
Very heart warming and unique. Not your typical romance, but with lots of emotion and a very captivating story. An unexpected ending and wonderful characters. Enjoyed it very much!

Sunburn