Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$1.39

on February 25, 2013
SPOILER ALERT!!!
I was really looking forward to read this book. It's been in my wish list for some time now.
Everything was well till I got to the last chapter. The ending was brutally salvaged. Imagine this:
the whole book so far is interesting, details are nicely revealed, the story is not stalling.
And then you hit this rough patch, where an author with imagination could make a nice plot knot
out of it, but instead she decided to kill the main characters in a ridiculous situation. No logic,
just out of the blue, and we are talking about a family, with infants. Why the hell??? And how is
it possible, in one minute the relatives are described as fearful and not really reliable, the next
they are so trusted that our heroes leave their children in their care and "die together" ?!?!
The f is wrong with you? And not to mention the the final scene was just absurd.
If you can swallow this down, read this book. But if you are like me, and love complete and
thought through plot lines with good execution - don't, you will be disappointed in the way a good
story has been butchered.
on October 1, 2013
An entertaining read, with some mystery/suspense and good characterization. It was a bit difficult to believe that two species from different worlds can interbreed, especially when they are so different that one can spontaneously combust the other when in heat. The ending was a bit over the top on the police reaction and the hero's solution, but there is still a half-alien kid on which to base a sequel
on September 2, 2013
Jake only wants to be an ordinary man, but unfortunately there is nothing ordinary about him - as Helena discovers when they become star-crossed lovers in every sense of the term. Elaine Waldron's modern sci-fi romance poses a few cogent questions about how a person really would behave in Jake's situation. Can he hide the fact that he is one of a kind? Does his basic difference cause unforeseen consequences? Above all, is it really his fault? Elaine Waldron raises these questions, and others, in this deceptive tale, full of ominous foreshadows, that will keep the reader guessing until the very end.
on June 4, 2012
I usually trust the reviews I read on the books I'm interested in but in this case, I don't know what planet these reviewers are from. This book had no character development and the story made very little sense. I was sorry that I wasted my money and my time on this book!!
on March 23, 2012
I LIKED THE BOOK BUT I THINK THAT IT COULD HAVE ENDED BETTER. IT KEPT ME INTERESTED AND IT WAS EXCITING BUT IT SHOULD HAVE COVERED MORE GROUND OF WHAT HAPPENED LATER IN THE BOOL. THE ENDING WASN'T COMPLETE.
on July 10, 2011
I just finished this book and was very impressed by the story plot. It was very unusual, not your everyday romance story, it has a unusual twist to it that keeps you reading until the end. Great Story.
on June 6, 2012
"Another Masterpiece by Elaine Waldron" says it all. In my opinion Elaine Waldron's vampire books are the best in their genre. If you like to read about a female's adventurous and romantic involvements with a male vampire, don't waste your time and money reading anything else; just read this book. Elaine, keep up the great writing. Your many fans can hardly wait for your next great book!
on April 7, 2012
Very heart warming and unique. Not your typical romance, but with lots of emotion and a very captivating story. An unexpected ending and wonderful characters. Enjoyed it very much!
on March 20, 2015
An alien race is on the verge of elimination so the remaining males travel across space to try to save their race.
One alien ends up on Earth in Odessa, TX. He falls in love with the sister of the owner of the room he rents.
This story is part sci fi, part romance, part erotica...maybe...
The writing itself was good and the story line was interesting. The ending left me feeling let down.
on May 28, 2014
The book is totally different then Im used to, but held my attention. I thought the details and such was good. The ending did seem a little rushed but that is probably because I didnt care to see it end where it did. I wondered how they would raise the kids with "human" children and such.