4.0 out of 5 stars Nice product, and free replacement part even better
I've had my hose mobile about 5 years, and left it out for several winters.
Recently one of the tabs that holds the filler hose broke and it won't hold the hose any longer. Any water pressure and it pops out.

I called the customer service 800-846-2345 and they're sending replacement part for free.
Yeh!

Hose Mobile
I have model:...
Published on August 31, 2010 by Douglas Little

1.0 out of 5 stars same problem
I have the same problem everyone else has. I called suncast corporation at 1-800-846-2345 and they sent me free replacement parts. The parts that go bad are called the in-tube with o rings and the out tube. Suncast says these parts will freeze and crack if your in colder climates if you don't drain the water completley out.
Published on April 16, 2004

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars same problem, April 16, 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Suncast Hosemobile 225-Foot Hose Reel Cart CPNLT200D (Lawn & Patio)

1.0 out of 5 stars Buyer beware!, May 28, 2001
I've had leakage problems with this unit since purchase. It was difficult to get the various supplied hoses connected to my exterior faucet hook up and to the 100' hose to be attached to it. Everything leaked. In desperation (after I'd tried everything, including plumbers tape)I asked my gardener to check the connections to see if he could get them to stop leaking. He advised that there was nothing he could do - all connection parts were defective (missing threads, crooked threads, threads that were too short). By this time, the return date was long gone. I'm going to be stuck having to buy another unit. It won't be a Suncast product!

3.0 out of 5 stars It broke., July 28, 2002
Lorita Farrell (Chalmers, IN USA) - See all my reviews
I purchased the hose reel because of its features. Used it for two summers. It did everything I wanted it to do. Rolled the hose onto the reel fairly even, held all the hose I need for my yard and has a cup to hold extra attachemnts. The third year I went to use it, the place where it connects to my short hose to the outside faucet broke off. It is virtually useless at this point because I don't see any way the piece that fell out can be fixed/replaced. It is the piece that allows the hose to be connected to the outside faucet and still unroll or roll up the hose on the reel. I feel for the price I paid it should have lasted longer than a couple of years. Do you have any suggestions for fixing this product?

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke within a couple of weeks, April 29, 2004
Tracy Keys (Fayetteville, NC USA) - See all my reviews
Broke where the middle part connects to the bottom part with the wheels within 2 weeks. Put it back several times, but eventually wouldn't go back. Will never buy Suncast again. Very poorly made!

1.0 out of 5 stars leaky reel, July 8, 2001
"goodnews12_" (New Castle, PA United States) - See all my reviews
I purchased this device during a close out of a hardware store and in the winter months so I couldn't try it when I purchased it. It leaks badly at the internal connection and there is no cure. Of course the hardware store is now out of business so I'm stuck with it. It was in a sealed box when I purchased it. Who would have thunk!! Steer clear of this brand for sanity sake.

1.0 out of 5 stars Piece of junk, June 4, 2003
By A Customer
I also experienced the short hose separating from the reel unit. Attempted to repair it as instructed. It came apart again. I got one season's use.

1.0 out of 5 stars Older model far superior, June 10, 2004
I had a Hosemobile for years and it was great. I purchased a new one recently. It is tooo light. They should send them back to where they came from and FIRE the Engineer who designed them.
Then go back to the quality they had before.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poorly engineered, May 20, 2003
Robert C Geiseman (Freeport, IL United States) - See all my reviews
The second year the attachment for the external hose separated from the housing and can not be re-attached. It is now useless!

1.0 out of 5 stars low quality, cheap plastic, August 14, 2008
The whole reel is made of cheap and thin plastic. The crank gear is also plastic, and as soon as you put some stress on it (like trying to rewind a 100ft hose laying on the ground) it will start skipping and coming apart. The whole product is made of smaller plastic parts that are snapped together, which can not take the smallest amount of stress without breaking off from one another. By my second heavily assisted rewind the whole assembly started leaking like mad (something else snapped I guess), prompting me to return it.

This seems to be a common theme with all the Suncast products, as this is a third model of their hose reel that I have tried. If you had a bad experience with one, do not assume that their more expensive units are any better made. They're just more expensive, that's all.

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolute Junk, July 5, 2007
I have had three of these over the past 3 or 4 years and all but one have failed miserably. They leak and the Rube Goldberg hose connection on the inlet side of the hose reel invariable breaks off rendering the whole unit useless unless you want to use it to roll up electrical wire or something like that.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›