4.0 out of 5 stars Really Neat Reel
The water reel actually works. Can't imagine hand cranking 100 ' of hose after every use. You need to feed the hose line steadily back onto the reel or it slips to the side and gets stuck, but I much prefer the open design to the boxed-in design in which it's a struggle to connect hose ends.
Published on August 31, 2010 by Sally

3.0 out of 5 stars Auto-rewind HELP!!
The unit does rewind automatically as advertised but unlike another model Suncast unit I have, this one lacks a guide for the hose as it retracts. Consequently, you need to manually guide the hose back and forth as it retracts which gets you just as dirty as a manual rewind that needs to be guided.
Published on July 8, 2010 by Steve

4.0 out of 5 stars Big Yard, November 3, 2011
This review is from: Suncast RSS150 150-Foot Water Powered Automatic Rewinding Garden Hose Reel (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Lawn & Patio)
I bought this hoping to get 200' of 1/2" hose on it. It fit and works great. I just wish it had an auto guide like other Suncast hose reels. I also found a fake rock cover to put over it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Reel Smart, October 8, 2011
I have had this unit for several years, but from Hydro Industries. I love it. As an older woman doing gardening myself I am considering buying a second one for the house in front. IT WORKS!! I really don't mind standing by the reel guiding the hose on occasion and find it great to direct the water in the tube as it rewinds to water nearby flowers or shrubs. Great invention.

3.0 out of 5 stars Suncast has a good parts supply system but they do not have all ..., November 29, 2014
The reel is designed well but manufactured poorly. Suncast has a good parts supply system but they do not have all of the parts that wear out quickly. Mine worked for about 6 months before the reel began to bind against the side of the housing. This item could be really great if they would make the reel and housing stronger to stand up to day to day use.

1.0 out of 5 stars this is apiece of junk, May 26, 2014
this reel was suppose to rewind but it does not work and I tried several times different ways and could not get it to work don't waste your money!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Invention, April 30, 2014
R. E. Meyers (Downingtown, PA) - See all my reviews
I have always hated hose mobiles and have thrown many away because they're so difficult to use. This one, however, is a joy. True, I have to bend over to make sure the hose rolls correctly onto the holder, but it's not a big deal. I put the small connector hose into a watering can and use that water for flowers too far for the hose to reach. I would find use for the extra water no matter what because I'm not one to waste. For the price, this is an excellent buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, but has a few issues, January 12, 2014
This hose reel works very well. Just lay the hose out straight and move the lever over. It reels that hose right up with no problem.
The only complaints that I would have are:
1) The hose that comes it it to connect to the faucet leaks terribly. It would fill the area with water every time we used it. I ended up buying a short 3' section of hose to replace that piece.
2) The provided hose for discharging the water while the hose reels in keeps coming off as it is just pressed onto a fitting during installation. I ended up buying a hose clamp from an auto supply store to keep it in place.

Other than these issues, a pretty good auto hose reel for the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hose reel, self powered automatic., December 18, 2013
I like simply moving a lever to reel up the water hose (125 feet) after I water the horses. It keeps the hose out of the way of my tractor and grass cutting implements. Great product. I bought one for my front yard, after cutting that 125 ft hose into a jillion pieces with my lawn tractor. Soon I realized how good it was and bought this one. Good price. Great product.

5.0 out of 5 stars we love it, September 24, 2013
Carolyn Jones (PLAINS, MONTANA, US) - See all my reviews
works great... it replaced one we had before.. this holds more hose than our older one did..and it so easy with the rewind... only need to guide the hose while it rewinds so it all doesn't end up in middle of the spool..

5.0 out of 5 stars 'Wouldn't go without one!, September 15, 2013
When our other auto-rewind hose reel went kaflooey, I went and ordered this'n the same day. 'Not a bit disappointed with it, either. Hey. Ya get used to stuff like this and the ol' chore of winding up the hose MANUALLY just really sucks!

Try it - you'll LIKE it!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this, June 21, 2013
This product is made with not the highest quality material, but it is great!! I love being finally able to put away the hose without having a degree in black belt!