Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Train egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Cyber Monday Video Game Deals Outdoor Deals on Tikes

4.6 out of 5 stars11,380
Size: 28-ounceColor: Clear/BlackChange

1,002 of 1,040 people found the following review helpful
There have been many negative reviews on the BlenderBottle, lately. To see just how accurate some of these comments are, I submitted the following message to BlenderBottle today:

"I have been told that customer service may be lacking at BlenderBottle. I submit this inquiry to test that assumption. I have a couple of questions that have come up that are not identified on your FAQ section.

Why did you switch from plastic #7 to plastic #5 for the body of your bottle?

Do you sell replacement balls?

There has been a lot of talk on that the new bottles leak and crack at the bottom. Have you noticed this being an issue and if so, have you taken measures to address it?

Where are BlenderBottles manufactured? There is no country of origin on the bottles that I have seen (it may be on the packaging, but I didn't check the packaging).

I hope you are able to respond to my email. I would be very disappointed to only receive an automated response. In closing, I use one of your bottles and have not identified any of the concerns that I have read about. Over the course of the next several weeks, I will hopefully determine that the BlenderBottle quality is what you claim it to be. I look forward to using my bottle. Thank you for taking the time to read my email."

I am a new BlenderBottle owner and from what I can tell it is what it claims to be. It cleans easily, it doesn't retain odors and it seems to be made of fairly thick plastic. Time will tell if the bottle is up to my quality standard. I will post the reply, if any, that BlenderBottle sends me. Stay tuned!

(UPDATE 08FEB12)On the very next day, after sending my message, BlenderBottle responded, personally. Here is the email:
"Hi Courtney,
Thank you for your interest in BlenderBottle products. Customer satisfaction is our highest priority. We do our best to respond to all customer inquiries in a timely manner, in the same way we are responding to your message today.

The BlenderBottle Classic has always been made of the same materials (cup #5 PP, lid #2 HDPE, BlenderBall 316 surgical-grade stainless steel). All of our products are and have always been BPA free. Our newest product, BlenderBottle SportMixer, is also BPA free. The cup is made of #7 Eastman Tritan, the lid is made of #5 PP, and the BlenderBall is made of 316 surgical-grade stainless steel.

We do sell replacement BlenderBalls. They are available by contacting our Customer Service department either by phone or email.

We design our products to be stylish, durable, and leakproof.

We continually look for ways to improve our product and only use what we consider and test to be the very best materials and manufacturing processes. That is why we stand behind all our products with a full customer satisfaction warranty.

Our products are designed in the USA, proprietary, covered by multiple patents, and responsibly manufactured in China.

Thank you for taking time to inquire about our products. We hope you enjoy your new BlenderBottle!

Best regards, SUNDESA LLC | 801.235.9448 | BLENDERBOTTLE.COM"

So there you have it. If you trust what the manufacturer is telling you, then you can be pretty certain that you will be buying a good quality product. If you aren't happy with it, they have a guarantee. I personally hope I never have an issue with my BlenderBottle, but if I do, I will tell-all in an updated review. Happy blending!

(UPDATE: 29FEB12)I have been using this bottle for about a month now. First, let me start by stating that there is one major problem with reviews and because this problem is not able to be resolved, it remains. To have one reviewer RAVE about how great a product is, followed by a WARNING to never buy the product, simply mystifies me. Most reviews seem to be well thought-out and provide great information. I just don't understand how some reviews can be such polar opposites. So, with that said, here is my one-month evaluation of the BlenderBottle.

It hasn't cracked or shown any signs of wear. Some reviewers have claimed that their bottle cracked. Since this is a protein shaker and is intended to be used by health-concious people (e.g. weight lifters), I would imagine there are some pretty buff people, out there, shaking their protein drinks like there's no tomorrow. I am not a body builder or weight lifter and I shake my drink in a gentle, swirling motion.

I have left protein drink residue in it for up to two days and it has not retained the smell (or created any funky smell) after I washed it. Some reviewers have claimed that if they didn't wash the bottle immediately after use, it retained a smell similar to a decomposing body, forcing them to discard the bottle. If I forget to wash my bottle immediately, I only have to place a small amount of soap in the container, blend it, and rinse it. It seems to be a very high quality product. Despite some scathing reviews, I recommend you try this product. With's terrific return policy, you simply have nothing to lose. Good luck!
2626 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 14, 2012
So, clearly I'm not a weightlifter or trying to bulk up by drinking protein shakes, but I am using them as a way to increase my daily caloric intake. In the video, I am using a whey protein powder and skim milk. When I ordered my first jar of protein powder, I almost bought this bottle as well, but then I figured I really didn't need it. I thought I'd just empty out a water bottle and shake it in there, or stir it in a glass. By the 2nd shake I made, with mouthfuls of powdery lumps, I decided it was something I should invest in - and really- not much of an investment at that- only $7. and change. I honestly never thought that the shakes would have been that difficult to mix, so as to justify the purchase of a special type of bottle, but I was quite wrong. Who knew? Well, not me, apparrantly. Anyway, it does exactly what it claims to do, and it does it very well. All of the shakes I've made have been consistently smooth, and I have not seen any leakage from any part of the bottle. It is actually very well made, and the flip top lid is very tight and secure. That little metal ball really does make a huge difference in how the shake turns out. It's a time saver as well-very quick. No buyer's remorse; received the item on time, total A+++ purchase. Highly recommend for mixing any type of powdered drink.
88 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 29, 2011
I just ordered two of these brilliant little Blender Bottles -- the 20oz and the 28oz -- for mixing protein shakes in the morning. I use Spirutein products, which clump badly, but have such a great taste that I have been mixing them in a blender or chewing them for months now. A coworker uses the larger size Blender Bottle, and after trying several other types of mix-and-go bottles, I decided to track down the model he uses.

What I wanted: Something to mix my drinks fairly well. Something convenient to carry. Something that, most importantly, doesn't leak or drip products, as I intended to use it solely on the go.

What I got: Having purchased so many bottles that promise to mix liquids, but end up leaking all over the house and spraying in my face with the first shake, I was hesitant to get excited about the Blender Bottle. The concept is so simple, and the price so low on Amazon, that I figured they wouldn't work. (Especially because I selected the two bottle colors that were the cheapest.) But, they were cheap enough to try in comparison to the "high tech" protein shakers I have purchased from health food stores.

These do exactly what they are intended to. They seal tightly, mix smoothly, and are very transportable. I've read a lot of bad reviews about various travel cups on Amazon not being the same quality as the original models they purchased at "store X." These couldn't be more convenient, practical, or functional. I just popped back on Amazon after using my 20oz bottle for the first time to order a second small bottle. Absolutely worth the price. My mornings just got a little easier.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 17, 2015
This bottle is an absolute godsend for dieting. Its nothing special, but it made it so much easier for me to pre plan my diet, and carry my shakes around with me. I lost a bunch of weight that I don’t think I would have been able to do without having a few of these around. I also used Traxafen, Traxafen – Powerful Appetite Suppressant and Fat Burner which helped me lose a lot of weight also.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 2, 2015
Bottle lid broke after ~2 months of use. Split at the seam as seen in other reviews. Very disappointing.

Have filed a warranty claim with Blender Bottle, will update review after I see how they handle the situation.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 13, 2008
Like the prior reviewer, I have tried in frustration to use the cheap, freebie mixers from supplement orders. All suffered from two problems; leaks (protein shake on your gym shirts/shorts - Arrgh.) and poor mixing of whey protein and other powders.

This shaker bottle has a tight fitting screw on lid, and a securely closing pop-open top that have never leaked, not once.

I thought that the stainless steel "blender ball" seemed like a gimmick but it WORKS GREAT, mixing even hard-to-mix supps like BCAAs well. Whey powder, Gatorade powder and such are a breeze. Just make sure you have an ounce or two of liquid on the bottom before adding powder and you're set.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 31, 2011
I really like the design of these bottles. I purchased four of them from a local store. Of those four, two developed cracks in the lids a few months after buying them. I emailed the company with pictures but heard nothing back. Oddly enough, my wife has a couple of bottles that were purchased a few years ago and they have worked flawlessly.

I really like the function of these bottles, but will most likely not buy another because of the faulty lids and customer service.
77 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 30, 2014
Can't believe I'm writing this, and I honestly thought this bottle would last me forever. I'm not sure if maybe I was sent a defective bottle, but the lid that I received for this bottle was the cheapest made plastic lid I have ever seen. My wife was putting dishes away and she accidentally dropped the black lid of the bottle (only the lid, was not put on the bottle) on the floor and the outer plastic edge ring that screws on the bottle completely cracked away from the lid. It's so bizarre I had to take a picture of it. If you look closely at the edges of the piece that broke it looks as if something sharp had cut it right off the lid, something with serrated edges as you can see it's not a continuous smooth cut. (Could it be a cheaply glued on plastic piece?) I'm really just posting this because this was so bizarre and I hope I was sent a defective lid, I want to believe this is not something that commonly happens with this product. If that's the case, maybe I can be sent a replacement from the manufacturer, I actually only need a lid.

The bottle itself is fine, and this was used regularly as a protein shake bottle and a water bottle for the gym and/or bike rides. I had no previous complaints before this and the bottle itself works great, but unfortunately now it is useless as I can't really make use of it without it's lid.
88 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
This product does exactly what it's supposed to do, blends powders for drinks. I've used several other protein shakers in the past, most specifically the Bodytech - Bodytech Shaker Bottle, 1 piece and I always have drinks that come out not completely mixed. It's pretty disgusting to be drinking a protein shake and take a bit out of a big clump of unblended whey powder. I can vigorously shake one of those shakers for 20 minutes and not get results as effective as 10 seconds with the Blenderbottle. It doesn't even require much effort, since the blenderball does most of the work (rather than your arm). The lid on the top fits very snugly. Unlike other shakers where I have to hold down the lid to prevent it from opening up while I'm shaking it and spraying my drink everywhere, the lid on the Blenderbottle is very secure. For the first few days I covered it up with my hand while I blended, because I was afraid it would open up, but finally realized that it wasn't going anywhere. The bottle is very easy to clean, and I usually just rinse off the wire blenderball with water.

My only problem with the bottle, is that the measurement markings are clear (same color as bottle). It would be nice if they were an offset color so I could quickly read a measurement without having to hold the bottle up 2 inches from my face. But other than that, I couldn't ask for a better product.
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 25, 2010
I just bought a second Blender Bottle so that I could rotate them through the dish washer and always have a clean one. I use them daily after my morning runs for protein drinks. With a good brisk shake, I have no problems whatsoever with chunks of clumped-up powder. HOWEVER, you may have noticed that some people say the bottle can leak, while others deny it. Here is what happened to me. The bottle never leaked through the seam where it screws shut, nor did it leak at the spout where the lid closes it off. It DID, after 5 months, develop a hairline crack in the lid, where the 'arm' that holds the hinge connects to the lid itself. It is not possible to see the hairline crack unless I pop the spout off. I thought I was going crazy until I found protein drink on my hand twice in two uses of my older bottle after shaking. It did start leaking out of that crack, but nowhere else.

This would be enough for me to give it a three-star review -- I only had it five months after all, and I wasn't using it daily that whole time -- but a short call to the manufacturer today resulted in a new bottle being sent my way. I'm hoping it was just a structural fluke in the plastic in my bottle, and that my newer ones won't have the same problem. So, if you've had yours a while, and you think it might be leaking, check under the hinge in the cap. Kudos to the manufacturer for a quick no-questions-asked response and replacement.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse