Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

4.6 out of 5 stars14,310
Color: Clear/Black|Size: 28-Ounce|Change

There have been many negative reviews on the BlenderBottle, lately. To see just how accurate some of these comments are, I submitted the following message to BlenderBottle today:

"I have been told that customer service may be lacking at BlenderBottle. I submit this inquiry to test that assumption. I have a couple of questions that have come up that are not identified on your FAQ section.

Why did you switch from plastic #7 to plastic #5 for the body of your bottle?

Do you sell replacement balls?

There has been a lot of talk on Amazon.com that the new bottles leak and crack at the bottom. Have you noticed this being an issue and if so, have you taken measures to address it?

Where are BlenderBottles manufactured? There is no country of origin on the bottles that I have seen (it may be on the packaging, but I didn't check the packaging).

I hope you are able to respond to my email. I would be very disappointed to only receive an automated response. In closing, I use one of your bottles and have not identified any of the concerns that I have read about. Over the course of the next several weeks, I will hopefully determine that the BlenderBottle quality is what you claim it to be. I look forward to using my bottle. Thank you for taking the time to read my email."

I am a new BlenderBottle owner and from what I can tell it is what it claims to be. It cleans easily, it doesn't retain odors and it seems to be made of fairly thick plastic. Time will tell if the bottle is up to my quality standard. I will post the reply, if any, that BlenderBottle sends me. Stay tuned!

(UPDATE 08FEB12)On the very next day, after sending my message, BlenderBottle responded, personally. Here is the email:
"Hi Courtney,
Thank you for your interest in BlenderBottle products. Customer satisfaction is our highest priority. We do our best to respond to all customer inquiries in a timely manner, in the same way we are responding to your message today.

The BlenderBottle Classic has always been made of the same materials (cup #5 PP, lid #2 HDPE, BlenderBall 316 surgical-grade stainless steel). All of our products are and have always been BPA free. Our newest product, BlenderBottle SportMixer, is also BPA free. The cup is made of #7 Eastman Tritan, the lid is made of #5 PP, and the BlenderBall is made of 316 surgical-grade stainless steel.

We do sell replacement BlenderBalls. They are available by contacting our Customer Service department either by phone or email.

We design our products to be stylish, durable, and leakproof.

We continually look for ways to improve our product and only use what we consider and test to be the very best materials and manufacturing processes. That is why we stand behind all our products with a full customer satisfaction warranty.

Our products are designed in the USA, proprietary, covered by multiple patents, and responsibly manufactured in China.

Thank you for taking time to inquire about our products. We hope you enjoy your new BlenderBottle!

Best regards, SUNDESA LLC | 801.235.9448 | BLENDERBOTTLE.COM"

So there you have it. If you trust what the manufacturer is telling you, then you can be pretty certain that you will be buying a good quality product. If you aren't happy with it, they have a guarantee. I personally hope I never have an issue with my BlenderBottle, but if I do, I will tell-all in an updated review. Happy blending!

(UPDATE: 29FEB12)I have been using this bottle for about a month now. First, let me start by stating that there is one major problem with Amazon.com reviews and because this problem is not able to be resolved, it remains. To have one reviewer RAVE about how great a product is, followed by a WARNING to never buy the product, simply mystifies me. Most reviews seem to be well thought-out and provide great information. I just don't understand how some reviews can be such polar opposites. So, with that said, here is my one-month evaluation of the BlenderBottle.

It hasn't cracked or shown any signs of wear. Some reviewers have claimed that their bottle cracked. Since this is a protein shaker and is intended to be used by health-concious people (e.g. weight lifters), I would imagine there are some pretty buff people, out there, shaking their protein drinks like there's no tomorrow. I am not a body builder or weight lifter and I shake my drink in a gentle, swirling motion.

I have left protein drink residue in it for up to two days and it has not retained the smell (or created any funky smell) after I washed it. Some reviewers have claimed that if they didn't wash the bottle immediately after use, it retained a smell similar to a decomposing body, forcing them to discard the bottle. If I forget to wash my bottle immediately, I only have to place a small amount of soap in the container, blend it, and rinse it. It seems to be a very high quality product. Despite some scathing reviews, I recommend you try this product. With Amazon.com's terrific return policy, you simply have nothing to lose. Good luck!
3232 comments|1,294 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 14, 2012
So, clearly I'm not a weightlifter or trying to bulk up by drinking protein shakes, but I am using them as a way to increase my daily caloric intake. In the video, I am using a whey protein powder and skim milk. When I ordered my first jar of protein powder, I almost bought this bottle as well, but then I figured I really didn't need it. I thought I'd just empty out a water bottle and shake it in there, or stir it in a glass. By the 2nd shake I made, with mouthfuls of powdery lumps, I decided it was something I should invest in - and really- not much of an investment at that- only $7. and change. I honestly never thought that the shakes would have been that difficult to mix, so as to justify the purchase of a special type of bottle, but I was quite wrong. Who knew? Well, not me, apparrantly. Anyway, it does exactly what it claims to do, and it does it very well. All of the shakes I've made have been consistently smooth, and I have not seen any leakage from any part of the bottle. It is actually very well made, and the flip top lid is very tight and secure. That little metal ball really does make a huge difference in how the shake turns out. It's a time saver as well-very quick. No buyer's remorse; received the item on time, total A+++ purchase. Highly recommend for mixing any type of powdered drink.
review image
99 comments|627 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 21, 2015
The BlenderBottle is hit and miss, in terms of usage, I have had this product since March 27th, 2015 and have used it every day for the past few months. It is perfect for blends you make at home. I blend at home and after the blend sits for a while the concoction gets thick and settles. However, with the BlenderBottle, I just shake shake shake it up and I have a nice palatable beverage again. Even my girlfriend who has a NutriBullet uses the BlenderBottle because drinking out of the NutriBullet canister leads to the same problem.

So I can honestly say the BlenderBottle has made it easier for me to drink and transport my blends and has been the perfect compliment to my commuter lifestyle.

"SO WHY THE THREE STARS MAN"?!

Simple, I have had the plastic container for about four months and the lid is cracked. I hand wash this container every day, I never use anything but fridge temperature blends in it and I have never dropped the bottle. It is a manufacturer defect in the lid. The plastic separates from the top of the lid to where it gets screwed on as you can see in my picture and that of other amazon reviewers. I have already submitted a warranty claim for a new lid with BlenderBottle, but I'm sure the process is going to take at least two weeks so I was forced to by another BlenderBottle in the meantime. Hopefully this one lasts longer or is designed better.

***Update***

I put in for a lid replacement request under the blender bottle warranty which can be found here (http://www.blenderbottle.com/warranty-claim/)

The process takes about 15 minutes, you will need to take a couple of pictures and look for numbers on the bottle and on the lid regardless of which part has broken. After submitting my request BlenderBottle mailed out a replacement within about a day so the process is quick. I did this on July 21st and received my replacement on July 27th. In the meantime I had to prime a replacement bottle since I didn't want to go without my blends. Overall I'm satisfied with the warranty process.
review image
88 comments|64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 29, 2011
I just ordered two of these brilliant little Blender Bottles -- the 20oz and the 28oz -- for mixing protein shakes in the morning. I use Spirutein products, which clump badly, but have such a great taste that I have been mixing them in a blender or chewing them for months now. A coworker uses the larger size Blender Bottle, and after trying several other types of mix-and-go bottles, I decided to track down the model he uses.

What I wanted: Something to mix my drinks fairly well. Something convenient to carry. Something that, most importantly, doesn't leak or drip products, as I intended to use it solely on the go.

What I got: Having purchased so many bottles that promise to mix liquids, but end up leaking all over the house and spraying in my face with the first shake, I was hesitant to get excited about the Blender Bottle. The concept is so simple, and the price so low on Amazon, that I figured they wouldn't work. (Especially because I selected the two bottle colors that were the cheapest.) But, they were cheap enough to try in comparison to the "high tech" protein shakers I have purchased from health food stores.

These do exactly what they are intended to. They seal tightly, mix smoothly, and are very transportable. I've read a lot of bad reviews about various travel cups on Amazon not being the same quality as the original models they purchased at "store X." These couldn't be more convenient, practical, or functional. I just popped back on Amazon after using my 20oz bottle for the first time to order a second small bottle. Absolutely worth the price. My mornings just got a little easier.
review image
0Comment|102 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 2, 2015
Bottle lid broke after ~2 months of use. Split at the seam as seen in other reviews. Very disappointing.

Have filed a warranty claim with Blender Bottle, will update review after I see how they handle the situation.
review image
88 comments|81 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 2, 2015
Plastic started to separate while shaking a protein shake today. I thought the lid wasn't fasten correctly so I decided to inspect it and you can see what I found in the pictures. Never have I seen this happen to a protein shaker top in my 4 years of weight training. I usually replace protein bottles every 2 years out of habit. This was my first time purchasing this brand and my last. This item was hand washed, never mistreated, never thrown, never microwaved and never heated.
review image review image review image
on June 17, 2015
This bottle is an absolute godsend for dieting. Its nothing special, but it made it so much easier for me to pre plan my diet, and carry my shakes around with me. I lost a bunch of weight that I don’t think I would have been able to do without having a few of these around. I also used Traxafen, Traxafen – Powerful Appetite Suppressant and Fat Burner which helped me lose a lot of weight also.
33 comments|157 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon April 1, 2015
We are really happy with this blender/shaker bottle.

In fact, I wish I had bought two of the 20 ounce sized bottles rather than the one 28 ounce sized because both my husband and I are now enjoying shakes without clumps thanks to this handy little product.

I purposely bought red to try to disguise the green drink that I'm consuming on a daily basis. For some reason, I have trouble getting down green colored concoctions no matter how good they taste. Although this bottle is a little more opaque than I'd anticipated it works so well and is so convenient that I couldn't be more pleased. And I can't exactly tell that the drink is green which helps get it down!

The blender ball allows you to add oatmeal, peanut butter, yogurt and fruit juices to your shakes without getting a clump in the bottom of the bottle. It works well and I anticipate that this bottle will hold up. It is both BPA and phthalate free.

The first thing that we did was test it for leaks. No issues there. The second thing that I did was check to see if it really holds 28 ounces. It does, leaving about an inch at the top plus the cupped lid space for mixing.

One word of caution. This bottle is not designed to hold hot or warm beverages or carbonated drinks (such as soda). They can build up pressure and cause the flip top to open and spew. Not that I've experienced. I wouldn't consider putting anything warm into this bottle and it appears that no one should.

Prior to purchasing this we were mixing up our protein shakes in a glass bottle. Tacky, yes but it worked. The only problem was we had a lot of clumps and I could see the green contents. Of course we used a blender when not in a rush. And will still use it when adding frozen fruits, etc.

This blender bottle was a treat to ourselves to make our rushed mornings go a little easier...and a little smoother.
on July 13, 2008
Like the prior reviewer, I have tried in frustration to use the cheap, freebie mixers from supplement orders. All suffered from two problems; leaks (protein shake on your gym shirts/shorts - Arrgh.) and poor mixing of whey protein and other powders.

This shaker bottle has a tight fitting screw on lid, and a securely closing pop-open top that have never leaked, not once.

I thought that the stainless steel "blender ball" seemed like a gimmick but it WORKS GREAT, mixing even hard-to-mix supps like BCAAs well. Whey powder, Gatorade powder and such are a breeze. Just make sure you have an ounce or two of liquid on the bottom before adding powder and you're set.
11 comment|232 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 30, 2014
Can't believe I'm writing this, and I honestly thought this bottle would last me forever. I'm not sure if maybe I was sent a defective bottle, but the lid that I received for this bottle was the cheapest made plastic lid I have ever seen. My wife was putting dishes away and she accidentally dropped the black lid of the bottle (only the lid, was not put on the bottle) on the floor and the outer plastic edge ring that screws on the bottle completely cracked away from the lid. It's so bizarre I had to take a picture of it. If you look closely at the edges of the piece that broke it looks as if something sharp had cut it right off the lid, something with serrated edges as you can see it's not a continuous smooth cut. (Could it be a cheaply glued on plastic piece?) I'm really just posting this because this was so bizarre and I hope I was sent a defective lid, I want to believe this is not something that commonly happens with this product. If that's the case, maybe I can be sent a replacement from the manufacturer, I actually only need a lid.

The bottle itself is fine, and this was used regularly as a protein shake bottle and a water bottle for the gym and/or bike rides. I had no previous complaints before this and the bottle itself works great, but unfortunately now it is useless as I can't really make use of it without it's lid.
review image
88 comments|102 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse