5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great!
Published on July 26, 2012 by NJ Reviewer

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible nausea
I developed horrible nausea and vomiting after taking this supplement. Onset occurred within 30-45 min after ingestion. Would recommend reading side effects before taking.
Published 15 months ago by JB Adventures

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great!, July 26, 2012
This review is from: Sundown Naturals Maximum Strength 5-Htp (200 Mg) Capsules, 30 Count (Health and Beauty)
Going through an extremely stressful time in my life I read about 5-HTP's ability to calm anxiety. I bought a bottle of Sundown 200mg 5-HTP and it worked surprisingly well. Within 10-15 minutes the lump in my throat and knot in my stomach was gone. I felt, serene and calm but not unable to function and interact with others. I initially took two capsules at one time (400mg) but that made me feel nauseous so now I just take one at a time (200mg). As the anxiety starts again (3-4 hours) I just take another and within a few minutes I'm back on an even keel. I paid $20.00 at a local pharmacy for a 30 count. I just ordered 2 bottles of 30 count for $27.00 with free shipping from Amazon. I bought a bag of bulk 5-HTP from Build Your Own but it didn't dissolve in water so I used 1/8th of a teaspoon directly under my tongue but I really didn't notice any improvement. I don't know why the Sundown capsules worked better than pure 5-HTP powder but it did and that's all that matters to me. If you suffer from anxiety from a stressful situation you should try this to see if it helps before using addictive narcotics. Not that there's anything wrong with that,LOL!

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible nausea, May 1, 2013
JB Adventures (COLUMBIA, MO, US) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars I am now on my second month of taking and it works!, March 12, 2013
I ordered this because Dr. Oz said it would help with sleep and mood swings. I can tell it is working after 1 month of using. I will continue to use.

1.0 out of 5 stars Ive had 5HTP before and this brand gave me nausea!, May 20, 2013
I've taken 5HTP products before and for some reason Sundown 5HTP made me want to pewk and i couldnt sleep cause i got cramps in my stomach all night. I don't recommend this brand.

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible, horrible, May 5, 2014
Horrible, horrible, horrible….I have used 5-htp off and on for years, but never this brand until this past week. It made me very ill. I question the purity or quality of the ingredients at least in the bottle I have with a lot number of 437228-01 exp 05/15

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible nausea from this brand, May 4, 2014
I've also used 5-Htp before (successfully), but like an earlier poster noted, this one makes me nauseous. Back to Natrol for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sundown is my Choice for Pill Form 5htp, September 10, 2013
Wayne (BOSTON, MA) - See all my reviews
These are great pills to replenish the serotonin in your brain that has been depleted. I have taken this before bedtime and when I wake up, I feel great. You get 30 pills, which claim there is NO fillers or any of that....

BUT from my own experience what you read isn't always true. I have purchased straight 5htp powder from amazon and had same dose and WOW. I slept Great!

When I wake up in the morning I never want to get up, always miserable... With the 5htp, When I wake up, I get right up and feel awesome! It really makes it a great start of the day! I would recommend this to anyone!

3.0 out of 5 stars Oh the heartburn., May 15, 2013
I took one pill, 200mg, about three hours ago. I didn't know it was an appetite suppressant, it most definitely is. I have zero desire to eat anything, especially carbs and sweets. Currently feeling nauseous and wicked heartburn kicked in about ten minutes after I took it. On the bright side I feel more even-keeled, my anxiety has almost completely been wiped out. I gave the product a 3 star rating because it has fillers and that rather scares me given that you are not supposed to take 5-htp caps that have ANY fillers according to every website I've looked at about it. I'm not sure I will take it again but, I might given that I feel better mentally than I have in awhile.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 28, 2014
Works well for sleep and mood

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Fibromyalgia, November 13, 2013
I suffer from fibromyalgia,,, I've been on Cipralex for two years.... But when I shifted to 5-HTP ,, There was a remarkable improvement in all my symptoms.... Sundown formula of 5-HTP is better than other brands, because other ingredients in the capsule are few and also natural.
My advice for Fibromyalgia suferrers to try it.... 200 mg once daily or 100 mg twice daily .. never exceed this dose... it may cause stomach aches.

Sundown Naturals Maximum Strength 5-Htp (200 Mg) Capsules, 30 Count