Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

Size: Pack of 1|Change
Price:$5.17+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on May 3, 2010
The price is so good, I was questioning the quality of this oil, so I did some research. I found out that Natural vitamin e -- sourced naturally-- is actually a darker amber color. This 'so pure its clear' stuff plays on the typical assumption that natural stuff is "cleaner looking", sparkly, white or clear. In fact, on synthetic vitamin e is clear or pale yellow, the really nourishing stuff is actually darker. This makes a big difference for me because NATURAL vitamin e works wonders on my psoriasis... I get this scabby itchy psoriasis patch around my eyes so its crucial that I treat it regularly with vitamin e to keep it from causing me vision problems. I learned the difference between D-alpha tocopheryl (NATURAL Vitamin e) and DL-alpha tocopheryl (SYNTHETIC) [the little 'L' is the only clue that its synthetic) because I mistaken bought the synthetic stuff, applied it to my eye area, and my eyes swoll up HUGE and the psoriasis dramatically worsened-- I latter figured out that the synthetic stuff was actually aggrevating my condition, possibly an allergic reaction.

Most of these vitamin e oils on Amazon fail to give a full ingredients list or specify which TYPE of vitamin e oil they include, which can make all the difference if you have sensitive skin. I encourage everyone to check the items ingredients on their own company website and look for D-ALPHA and little other oils mixed in.

Yes, D-ALPHA, is dramaticaly more expensive, but in my experience if you have sensitive skin, are applying it to a delicate area, or have a mark you really need to heal, I say go for the best stuff. Think of it as medicine, because natural vitamen e works better for treating skin problems and healing scars than a lot of pharmaceutical products out there.
3232 comments| 852 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 6, 2012
I bought this locally after my Dr. said to use Vitamin E on my surgery scar. I did not realize that when Sundown says "Natural Vitamin E Oil" they mean "Synthetic Vitamin E oil". I Called Sundown (1-888-848-2435) after getting home and reading the bottle carefully and under Warnings it says: "Do not apply to broken, irritated skin or areas affected by rashes". I thought that was strange thing to say about vitamin E oil so I called them. After talking with one of their customer service reps I found out that this is a synthetic Vitamin E oil and It is not meant to be put on any type of wounds or rashes or other things you would think it should be used for. It is made just to moisturize your skin. I can think of a hundred better things to moisturize your skin with than synthetic oil. I'm not sure why they make this but I know that many people are buying it thinking it's Natural. The company is using false advertising and hopefully they will stop before someone gets hurt by an infection or something.
1515 comments| 407 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 18, 2014
Many people are saying this is not 100% pure vitamin e oil. I personally am not sure if it is or not. All I know is I was using other vitamin e oil for scars and seen no improvement what so ever. The other brand I was using had other ingredients than just vitamin e on the label. After using this brand of vitamin e oil for just a week my scars that I have had for years are almost gone!!! I will never buy another brand again. This oil is thick and sticky but after about 10-15 minutes it is absorbed and no longer sticky. Love this stuff!
22 comments| 57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 13, 2016
My 10 year old son, had an accident in December, that caused him to need 9 stitches on the side of his face. As soon as the stitches fell off, and the steristrips were removed, I started using this on his face twice a day. It's going to take a while to see any results, since the scar is still fresh, but I've used vitamin E oil when I was younger (I'm 36, now) and had excellent results. Hopefully, my son has the same experience, even though it would be better if it had never happened in the first place.
review image
on March 6, 2014
I learned after ordering that the there was no such thing as 70000 Vitamin E. I could have saved my time and money.
on May 5, 2014
After reading a pinterest pin on elongating and darkening eyelashes and eyebrows, I decided to try it myself. I bought this particular vitamin E oil and Tropic Isle Living Jamaican Black Castor Oil, as the pin also required castor oil. I've never purchased either but figured they had pretty good reviews. After mixing them up in correct quantaties, I began to apply the oils and sure enough within 2 weeks of use my eyelashes were so full I didn't even need mascara. I've read it has many other uses but I've only experimented with the one above.
on February 18, 2011
Basically, I've been using this for 3 days (Before bed), and it's really wonderful. I've been using it for acne scars on my face, and they've already significantly faded. Basically, everyones skin/healing process etc is different, and a lot of this goes a long way. Instead of sitting reading reviews, just at least try this, and see if it works for you.
on July 4, 2016
I love that there are no additives in this Vitamin E oil-some value brands have some crazy, yucky, and downright scary stuff in there. Not the case with this oil-it's totally pure! This is the least expensive for highest I.U. Vit E oil I could find anywhere that didn't have freaky sh*t in it.

I use this vitamin E oil in many of my D.I.Y. beauty products such as lotions, body butters, and face wash. A cool fact about Vit E oil for the D.I.Y. product maker-it is a natural preservative. So not only does it add many health/beauty benefits to your skincare, it can actually help keep your products from spoiling for longer. I think that's a win-win!

I also have been using this oil directly (undiluted) on a keloid surgical scar for about 6 months and it has noticeably faded and has become less raised and purple. Keep in mind that a little goes a really long way. I am very happy with this product!

I base many of my purchases on Amazon after reading other buyer's reviews and I always try to take the time to leave thoughtful, honest reviews about the products I receive on Amazon. If you have found this review helpful, please click the "helpful" button below! Thanks for keeping Amazon an awesome shopping community
on August 14, 2015
THIS IS NOT PURE VITAMIN E. It contains tocopheryl acetate irritating to skin, causing redness, rashes, and potential allergic reactions. According to the Cosmetic Ingredient Review (CIR) of the ingredient, tocopheryl acetate helped protect against oxidative damage, but produced skin sensitizing or skin irritating effects in one animal study. A 1991 study detailed four cases of contact dermatitis caused by cosmetic creams that contained tocopheryl acetate.
The CIR, though it concluded that tocopheryl was safe for cosmetics, also noted that studies with the ingredient demonstrated some “enhancement of photocarcinogenesis,” which means it may actually encourage the carcinogenic effects of UV rays.
High doses of this ingredient have also been found in animal studies to cause tumor formation. Though that’s not likely to be a concern if you’re using only a little of the ingredient, as in most personal care products, the concern is the potential buildup over time. We simply don’t have the necessary safety studies on this ingredient when used for several times a day over many years.
on January 31, 2016
I have been using this vitamin E oil to heal scars. I apply it to the scars once after I wake up and once before bed. The oil is slightly sticky like honey and it stays on your skin for many hours without wearing off. It really has faded those scars and most are now beginning to disappear, but you have to be patient with the process. I started back in summer and it's now winter and I am finally seeing results. It probably wouldn't do much for old scars though, but it is a great moisturizer.