5.0 out of 5 stars I was fooled...
Published on November 10, 2011 by Derrick Jones

3.0 out of 5 stars Too many became rancid
Published 17 months ago by Travis Cornell

5.0 out of 5 stars I was fooled..., November 10, 2011
Derrick Jones (Madison, WI United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sunfood Almonds, Certified Organic, Vegan, Raw, 2lbs (Misc.)
...into thinking that the "raw" almonds that I was purchasing from Whole Foods and my local grocery co-op were indeed RAW. That was before I saw online several weeks ago that the U.S. government declared that all almonds grown in California are required to be pasteurized, however they could still be advertised as "raw." I discovered that any actual raw almond had to come from outside the United States. I then began to search online to find where I could buy some REALLY raw almonds and checked Amazon out. The three positive reviews that I read on the Sunfood almonds were enough to make me take a chance on them, and am I ever glad I did. When they arrived at my door, I anxiously opened the package to find out what a real raw UNPASTEURIZED almond tasted like, and WOW, what a difference! They actually have the taste of an almond extract. I soaked two cups of the almonds overnight to make almond milk the next morning, and it was absolutely incredible. Three medjool dates, a teaspoon of vanilla extract and a dash of cinnamon produced the most amazing almond milk I ever made or drank. No more buying so-called "raw" almonds from Whole Foods or my local co-op.

5.0 out of 5 stars OH YUM, July 8, 2011
These were the best almonds I have ever tasted in my life. In fact, I remember thinking "so this IS what an almond tastes like?!" I love almond flavoring and amaretto flavorings but I never associated that taste with the taste of actual almonds...because almonds didn't taste that way. THESE DO. They are so good!

5.0 out of 5 stars good service and good almonds., August 7, 2011
Gregory E. Lucas (New Castle, Delaware) - See all my reviews
I am very pleased with the purchase of these almonds and with the seller. It's great to be able to get unpasturized almonds from somebody and it is a real shame that to get unpasturized almonds they have to be imported due to crazy laws in the United States

5.0 out of 5 stars great almonds, February 23, 2012
These almonds are remarkably different (better) than those sold in the local stores (like whole foods). They are larger than the U.S. ones and definitely raw. I love how they taste! The skin peels slightly harder out of them, after an overnight soak; I guess it's because they were not heated before. Highly recommend them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Imported Sunfood Almonds, May 6, 2012
J. May "J May" (San Antonio, Texas) - See all my reviews
These are hands down the finest almonds I have ever had. I soak them in clean filtered water for a few hours and the outer skin comes off with a single swipe - inside lies a tender, sweet, fresh morsel full of life. My kids adore them as well. Thank you Sunfood!

5.0 out of 5 stars Raw and Organic Almonds, August 4, 2011
D. Thompson (Central Illinois) - See all my reviews
These almonds came packed well and were very fresh. Three words describe their taste.....Om, nom, nom......
I'll be ordering these again!

3.0 out of 5 stars Too many became rancid, October 24, 2012
Maybe it was just the bag I got but I found that about 1 of 20 were rancid. I understand that there's a good chance that some of them will go bad but I only had them for a few days and I feel 1/20 is far too many especially since I keep them in the fridge. Also, I feel that the taste is very inconsistent. I know that each almond can't possibly taste exactly the same but I feel as if some are just slightly rancid which make them taste very odd.

5.0 out of 5 stars i like those, May 29, 2012
i got those after I read the reviews. They are very good. Well packed, shipped quickly. Taste is good. Sometime I eat them in raw.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Produt, March 5, 2012
This seems to be a high-quality product. The fact that they are imported, therefore actually raw (as opposed to "raw" pasteurized American almonds), does matter to me. I received my order long before I expected and was even surprised with a little sample of raw dried Incan Berries that my kids loved and I will order in the future. I had occasion to call customer service, which was also quality.

My young children love them as is, out of the bag. I also make delicious almond milk with them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, March 26, 2013
These nuts are really good. They are fresh and tasty, nothing like store bought almonds, and loaded with nutrients. I will never go back to store bought almonds. I'm so glad I have found these nuts that are un-pasturized in their natural form...the way nature intended!!

ARRAY(0xd9541024)