Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Sunfood Goji Berries, Certified Organic, Non-GMO, 8oz
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Size: 8|Change

on September 13, 2012
They're chewy and taste great. They're the best I've tried, and I've tried Navitas in the US and a few kinds while living in Europe.
Much better than Navitas' goji berries, which were basically crunchy (stale) and inferior in taste.

-- Update --

The quality has dropped since I've written this review, but they are still way better than Natvitas, which aren't worth eating. I'll be checking out other brands though to see if I can get better ones.

-- Update --

I've now tried the Dragon Herbs Goji berries, and these are how Sun Foods used to be. They're moist, chewy, and excellent. Definitely the best I've tried.
33 comments|48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 21, 2012
I got the junk stuff from amazon with the 116 review navita brand. ok its cheaper but BIG difference.
This stuff is plump like raisins. Navita crunchy dried junk.
Also, I was able to buy locally for 2 bucks less then here.
I am new to eating Goji, so I do not understand why some products are plump while others are not.

Update: it seems to be hit and miss. 2 of 3 bags were great, one, dried junk. still a lot better than other brands i have tried.
on November 20, 2008
As other reviewers have noticed, this is not the cheapest goji berry product on the market. However, in my experience, as with pretty much every other Sunfood Nutrition product [...] quality is unsurpassable. I have tasted many goji berry products, and non are as soft and juicy as these little babies.

In response to some of the other people who are objecting to the price, I have been to David Wolfe's lectures (the founder of the company that imports these gojis) and he has spoken of the extreme difficulty with proper quality control of goji berries. They grow in China (and in Tibet) natively, and even many of the products out there that claim they are "organic" may not really be, as some of them can be tested and proven they are still sprayed with sulfur dioxide among other preservatives.

Sunfood Nutrition has 4 checkpoints in China and in the export process to absolutely ensure the quality of their product is a high as they say it is.

David Wolfe has stated that Sunfood is not at all trying to compete on price with cheaper products that are flooding healthfood stores and internet companies nationwide. Their only passion is the highest quality available.

By the way, I have tasted dozens of raw chocolate products (raw cacao) as well, and NO ONE has the consistent quality and taste of the Sunfood products. Try it for yourself and see.
on May 30, 2014
I was very disappointed to hear that this company is not only no longer owned by its co-founder David Wolfe, but they actually actively ripped the man off in a heinous, vicious manner. A lot of people have only heard of goji berries thanks to Wolfe's tireless efforts in letting people know its value. Sun Foods was taken over in a hostile bid that wrecked his life.

As far as taste, I got much better goji berries from Ron Teaguarden's Dragon Herbs at I Herb dot com (first time buyers also get a very sizable discount on orders). The Sun food goji berries had some duds, the Dragon Herbs ones are much better in quality and taste which means they'll provide you the health benefits you're looking for as well.

A lot of people trying to eat better want to do it with integrity. For anyone who wants to hear the sad tale of the Sun Foods saga and the nasty things going on as a few very low integrity mega corporations try to take over the natural foods market, I'm posting a link below to the Youtube. I was surprised to hear this and would NEVER want to promote a company like this who stole a man's life's work out from under him.

[...]
55 comments|13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
The antioxidant properties of Goji Berries are ones you can feel immediately upon consuming them. They're a legit superfood, however, the price is outrageous. If you're comparing them with a dried snack fruit like raisins, they're 8x the cost (for organic). If paying $6 for an afternoon snack is up your alley, then there probably isn't a much better snack for you than these Goji berries.

My only beef with goji berries are that they are BONE dry. So dry, in fact, they could hurt your teeth, if you have sensitive teeth. I actually know someone who chipped a tooth on goji berries. Soaking them is ideal, and then using the juice in smoothies, not to waste the antioxidants that washed off into the water.
on September 19, 2012
I've already ordered more of these. I use a scoop of these in my morning smoothies. Great organic product. It arrived before the expected date.
on April 30, 2012
These are hands down the best tasting goji berries I've had. They are large, plump, moist and delish. Many other brands I've tried have really small, extra dry berries that are kinda crunchy and have a wierd smell and aftertaste.
on September 28, 2012
I have bought goji berries for years and have never had a handful before where I didn't have to pick out one or two moldy, dark berries. These are different! Each one is perfectly bright red and delicious. I just wish they weren't as expensive and they were marketed in larger, inexpensive multi-packs!!!
on September 15, 2013
Goji berries are a little mysterious to me. The taste and texture are so different than anything I'm familiar with but I have to say I like them. This brand is good and compares well to another brand I tried. I wouldn't sit down with of bowl of them but a little handful here and there is a nice change from more common dried fruit.
on September 4, 2013
Not the most tastily of dried berry's but I assume that is not why your eating them! Goji berries are a Super food and high in anti-oxidants and do a lot for you (but I won't get into this aspect). These berry's would be great in a trail mix or with other assortment of ingredients, however alone and directly from this brand they are difficult to eat as something enjoyable. They have a unique flavor you have to try to understand and although they aren't the worst berry's i've tried, they aren't the best either. I really like Sunfood product's and support super foods but will not be eating these alone. Hopefully this review is helpful!