1,647 Reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Finnicky - worth it in the end
Pros:
Nice, bright light - better than expected.
Adjustable settings for: 1. what constitutes dusk when the light begins to motion sense; 2. how sensitive the IR detector is to movement, and; 3. how long the light remains on.
Selectable modes for auto, on, or off.
IR sensor is adjustable up / down and left / right, separate from light.
Power cord...
Published on July 27, 2012 by Sean Guenther

1.0 out of 5 stars Waterproofing Your Sunforce 82156 LED Motion Light
THE PROBLEM
After reading many of the customer reviews posed in this forum, it is clear that many of these "made in China" devices suffer an early demise after only a few weeks. Here is a preventative measure to try before installing your Sunforce solar light.

I have concluded - based upon the negative reviews herein and my own personal inspection of the...
Published 16 months ago by James

‹ Previous | 118 19 20165 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright, easy to install, versatile., May 4, 2014
This review is from: Sunforce 82156 60 LED Solar Motion Light (Automotive)
Brighter than most inexpensive solar LED lighting (looks more like very bright moonlight than electric light, a nice effect). Easy to install, versatile. Still waiting to see how it holds up to rain. A good deal for $30 or less. (Watch for these on lightning deals.)

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy this light- solar panel is not durable, April 18, 2014
This review is from: Sunforce 82156 60 LED Solar Motion Light (Automotive)
The solar panel went out in 1 week. I am very disappointed with this product. Do not waste your money. Spend the extra $30 and get a better light. Not worth the trouble. Now I have to attach to another solar panel just so it is not a complete loss

5.0 out of 5 stars Good light, April 17, 2014
This review is from: Sunforce 82156 60 LED Solar Motion Light (Automotive)
We needed a spot light for our back entrance which does not have a hard wired light. Read the reviews and followed the instructions for mounting and charging and it works perfectly. Now both me and my basset hound-who still does not sleep through the night-can go safely out the backdoor for our walks!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not so good, April 17, 2014
This review is from: Sunforce 82156 60 LED Solar Motion Light (Automotive)
This item was working good for awhile then just went downhill real quick. It started acting weird recently, the thing started to stay in the ON position and wouldn't come off at all. I had it on auto setting and it would just stay on, I even messed with the sensitivity level. So now I am screwed because I passed the 30 day mark for the return policy. Sux for me. That's the information I would like to get out there.

2.0 out of 5 stars Worked great at first..., April 16, 2014
This review is from: Sunforce 82156 60 LED Solar Motion Light (Automotive)
Worked great at first and installation was a breeze. After 6 months the lamp quit working. It looked like the solar panel was rusting or something from the inside. Maybe the solar panel isn't waterproof......doesn't make much sense for being an outdoor light.

1.0 out of 5 stars It's stopped working after a week!!!, April 9, 2014
This review is from: Sunforce 82156 60 LED Solar Motion Light (Automotive)
It was a piece of junk....Threw my money away buying this!!! Any way to recover my money? What are my options, if any?

3.0 out of 5 stars The 3rd one finally worked, April 9, 2014
This review is from: Sunforce 82156 60 LED Solar Motion Light (Automotive)
Don't know how to rate this since the first 2 failed after a few days. They would work 1 day and not the next. But the 3rd works fine. Be sure to test it well before you mount it. I think it is great now, but I can't quite give it a better rating because of the aggravation it caused. Luckily Amazon was great.

1.0 out of 5 stars Never charged after initial use, April 6, 2014
David Trissel (San Diego, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sunforce 82156 60 LED Solar Motion Light (Automotive)
Pulled it out of the box, installed it, and it worked for the first 3 nights until the charge that the unit shipped with drained completely. The unit never charged after that. I suspect the cheap plug never seated into the mis-aligned socket on the unit (and would fall out with gravity). Or the cheap panel doesn't work. Regardless, this thing is poorly made, not weather-proof, and I'm surprised even half of them work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great, April 4, 2014
This review is from: Sunforce 82156 60 LED Solar Motion Light (Automotive)
This allows me to illuminate the front yard whenever I or someone come onto my property. The range I have it set to turn on is about 40 feet. It installed easily and has had no problems so far. I live in a rain forest and we get drenching rains, it has stood the test of several large storms with no problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars 1 year, and still working, April 2, 2014
Bought this 1 year ago.
I'm really surprised that it lasted this long. Here in the North East , we got some 100 degrees (F) last summer and -30 (F) in the winter. I thought for sure it wouldn't make it to this spring, but it did.
I bought this for the backyard where I don't have wiring in place for lights. This fits the bill, and it has a motion sensor.
It was easy to install. I did not use the screws that came with it. I used stainless steel from local hardware store.
The location of my light is on the south side, with some trees. Full sun exposure in the afternoon.

‹ Previous | 118 19 20165 | Next ›