4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for the price
Published on June 17, 2011 by Anne

3.0 out of 5 stars Good enough; ok for a starter machine.
It took my husband less than an hour to put the machine together. The only thing I had to help him with was holding the handle bars while he connected the wires inside the main tube. It's an ok machine.

Published on April 15, 2012 by Shin-Gregg

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for the price, June 17, 2011
Anne (Ellwood City, PA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sunny Health & Fitness Magnetic Elliptical Trainer (Sports)
Let's get something straight, the elliptical was approximately $150. It took about an hour and half to put together, if you have any working knowledge of how to read instructions or have put a bookshelf together, you won't have too many problems. The real issue is trying to get the tension wire attached to its gauge all while holding a 10 lb pole in the air yourself... not happening! There are a few squeaks from time to time so I've learned to keep the little wrenches out that come with the assembly package. The bolts in the arms that attach to foot bars need to be pulled, cleaned, and lubed everyone once in a blue moon... not bad since I use the thing everyday! It is sturdy, has handy little wheels on the front to move easily, and does not take up too much space. The stride is quite short, I'm 5'8" but I make due... again, $150! I do think however, the calorie counter is way off because it does not recognize the tension changes... All in all, I'm satisfied with my purchase, I have not had any wobbling issues, the thing is extremely quiet when the bolts are clean and lubed *which elimates the squeaking altogether* Good for someone whose career does not fit within gym hours (me).

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent elliptical, would buy again, November 29, 2011
Came in good packaging, well protected, and no signs of damages. The elliptical itself is very sturdy, well made and very easy to put together. As for performance, the stride is shorter than gym strides ( i am 5'9 and 160lbs), but its something I got used to really quick and was not a problem at all. Overall, the workout was what i needed from my busy schedule, and with the ease of having it in my own home was perfect. Definitely would buy again if this was ever to break.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good enough; ok for a starter machine., April 15, 2012
Shin-Gregg "J. Shin" (Chicago, Illinois United States) - See all my reviews

1. It's pretty squeaky. I'm not sure how other people have been able to re-calibrate their machines so that it's silent. If you have any suggestions on this, it's appreciated. The noise is intermittent, and if you throw on some headphones it's less noticeable.

2. I'm 5'1" and my husband is 6', so the stride is ok for me, but rather short for him. Based on the other reviews, we understood this to be a possibility, so it wasn't a surprise. And he can still get a reasonable workout with it.

3. It's stable for going at an average pace, but if you start going really fast, it starts rocking a bit.

The machine is lightweight, has a smaller footprint, can be moved to another space if needed, and does the minimum. It's a good starter machine and a reasonable value for the price. There are definite quirks, but in general they're manageable ones. I think the machine is ideal for an apartment dweller or someone who's wants to try out having a cheap exercise machine at home before buying a better quality and higher priced machine.

4.0 out of 5 stars A little less than what you would expect, June 28, 2012
- Don't expect gym quality, the machine is under $150. It is not a $1-2k machine.
- Its good for mini workouts at home 30-60 min at a time.
- The quality of the machine is fair. Nuts and bolts are strong (NOTE: If you think its wobbling, chances are the nuts and bolts at the base are not evenly tightened so that the weight can be distributed).
- For assembly, I recommend gloves (remember to remove your rings) because the tightening process can be hard on your hands.
- During assembly I initially thought the the screws were stripped and THEY WERE NOT. I was attempting to put the pedals together, had to insert the the screws through the leg assembly area and the lubricant (they use for movement) had to be cleaned off prior to attaching the two parts. Don't waste time getting frustrated like I did, and don't strip it. Just have a rag ready to wipe clean prior to attaching the parts.
- Assembly process is not necessarily hard, I refused to let my husband help me and I am not savvy when it comes to assembly but it took me about 1.5 hours.
- The monitor is okay, I don't like that there is one button for everything and not an on/off switch but it works and will turn off automatically
- The stride is perfect for me, but I am 5'2". My husbands is 5'9"/5"10" and he also thought it was good

So the final verdict is 4/5 because for the price, its a great machine. It accomplishes its purpose. Don't have unreasonable expectations about gym quality because its not. If you have ever seen the gazelle-it along those lines, but I like this better. The reason its not a 5/5 is because the monitor doesn't have an on/off reset switch. You kind of have to click through. That's a pet peeve of mine but it may not be for others.

P.S. I recommend that you purchase a floor mat or padding for the bottom. The bottom of the machine is not soft, so you will need some cushioning on the floors. It did not damage my floors but I wouldn't take the chance on it long term.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Happy!, January 24, 2012
GanoN (Columbus, GA) - See all my reviews
Got it today, and it couldn't have been easier to put together for the price! Total assembly time: 1 hr 12 mn.
Be warned it's a VERY short stride (I'm 6'1", but I bought it for my 5'4" wife, who even thinks the stride is a bit short) but once you get into the stride, you immediately feel the burn all over your legs!

Very pleased over all! Great low impact workout if you're willing to take the time to put it together yourself!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good little machine, February 21, 2012
This was the first piece of exercise equipment I have purchased. It arrived a day before the shipping estimate said it would. Always a good thing. It took me about two hours start to finish to put it together. There were some tricky moments in setting it up alone (the tension control was a trip) but overall, nothing that I couldn't handle by myself (I'm a 26 year old woman). I used it right after setting it up and it ran smoothly, no squeaking. It did rock back and forth a bit but it wasn't terrible and once I got going, it didn't really bother me.

The only thing I would change about the machine is that there is nowhere to put a water bottle. But I should have thought about that before I bought it. I just didn't. So make sure you check that out before you buy if it's important to you. Overall, that's pretty small and it's still a really good value for the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this thing!!!, June 25, 2012
Kat (Long Beach, CA) - See all my reviews
I just ellipticalled 6 miles in 35 minutes and feel AWESOME! (I'm on a post-workout high so this review will be a bit scatter-brained)

After realizing I will never have the discipline to go to the gym after 8 hours of work (or to try finding a parking spot in my neighborhood after 6pm), I decided to bring the gym to me. I agonized for a few days between this, a mini elliptical without the arms, and a stepper. I decided on this one, thinking I will use it more than I would a simple stepper. With this machine, I can use my arms to maintain my workout when my legs get tired.

This box is heaaaavvy! Make sure you have help carrying it in. Can't say for sure how long it took to put together because I took some breaks to make dinner, etc., but it was around an hour total. Do make sure to go through and tighten all the bolts after it's put together. I didn't, and had one of the bolts connecting the arms to the center pole come unscrewed mid-workout.

I'm 5'6" and the stride is a bit short, but you get used to it. My boyfriend, who is 6'3", could barely get the thing moving without stumbling, but could still feel the effects of the workout for the minute he was on there.

For the money, and what it is, I really couldn't be happier. Sure, I wouldn't mind a longer stride, but my apartment is tiny so this works for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great elliptical!, March 13, 2012
First of all, I bought it on the ninth and the expected delivery date was between the 20 and the 23.... I got it on the thirteenth. They were so fast about it. Everything was packaged securely and I wasn't missing a single part. It's very quiet and gives a good workout. I only had two problems with it, first, the bar to connect the pedal on one side was uneven so it took about twenty minutes to get on. And second, I'm only 5'3" and even for me, I hit my knees occasionally. But overall, I love it. It was a great price, and all together a good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars We love it!!!, January 28, 2012
We received the package quickly. The only some-what difficult part was to hook up the tension cord, but assembly took maybe an hour. It moves around the house easily for there are small wheels on the front. the elliptical takes up very little space. very quiet and easy to use!! I personally think it was a great choice to buy this elliptical because it can do just as much as the thousand dollar ones and you dont need a gym membership!! perfect for those who cant afford a gym membership or the time to go out or leave the home!!..... we love it!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Gift for the Fiances, that I can use, May 5, 2012
Let me start of this review by saying I READ every review posted at the time of purchasing this Elliptical, and I was rather nervous as the average was a 3 score. The quick run down, if your not very technical this product will be hard for you to put together, on top of it THROW out the crappy tools they give you as most bolts won't get tight enough from them. I suggest a cheap set of sockets (MM) and wrenches, you can buy them for about 20 dollars for both at an auto store or Wally World etc. While putting this machine together one of the bolts went right thru the foot pedals as the plastic for those are VERY VERY CHEAP, so be very very careful when tightening them down. Other than that we've had no mechanical or linkage issues putting it together. The Magnetic tension seems to work well as it's cable driven for tightening. Latching that cable can be tricky and I would recommend using two people to install it to ensure it get's a 100% fit, as that seems to be a major issue others were complaining about, again we did not experience this issue.

Now on to the product, I knew going in this was going to be a VERY short stride for me as I am 6ft and my Fiances is around 5'6-5'7. For me it's very small but use able on a level 7-8 the footing is hard with my shoes as I wear a size 13 and the feet pads just barely fit my feet. The machine works well, seems to have good tension and somewhat sturdy for a $140.00 product compared to the one in the gym it's about a 3 out of 6. With that said I've use this product for a week 10-20 min sessions while it's been raining outside I have no trouble with building up a heavy sweat. I don't think I could use this every day however 2-3 days a week is alright for me I assume, I will update in a few months. If this product last us 2 years we will more than have gotten our money's worth out of it. I do like the hand grip heart monitor and calorie readers. Seems to work rather wheel and it's a simple push button rest. Batteries came with the machine so we will see how long they last for, as I am a fan of the ones that plug into the wall. This machine is a budget, compact sizing, apartment friendly machine. I would not purchase this for me as I have a stair stepper and I can get twice the work out on that, however it's old and doesn't come with the cool calorie/heart monitoring features etc...

Now for my Fiances feel, she says it's good, a little shaky for her however I tell her it's our wood floors, she gets a good work out on it for about 20 mins a night. The stride is a little short for her as it works best for someone 5'4 and below. The 6 setting is about the avg tension for her, anything less than that she doesn't feel like she is getting a work out at all. Her feet fit well in the foot rest and the arm skii's are nicely placed for someone her size. All in all she thinks it's a good machine even despite the short stride. We both were unsure at first but after a week of usage (and then some) we have come to enjoy the little machine for what it is. A good way to burn calories inside while not breaking the bank.

ARRAY(0x9ba4b60c)