5.0 out of 5 stars Great workout from a small machine!
Published on August 7, 2010 by J. Wells

3.0 out of 5 stars Not really "exercise"
I bought this machine because it was small, wouldn't take up much space, and seemed offer the kind of workout I wanted; not exhausting, but a good way to target legs, hips, thighs. Unfortunately, the Sunny Health & Fitness Twister Stepper just didn't do what I wanted it to do.

It's easy enough to put together, and the tension adjuster worked fine. The...
Published on July 6, 2010 by BookishB*tch

5.0 out of 5 stars Great workout from a small machine!, August 7, 2010
I purchased this in May of this year and wanted to wait several months before reviewing it. I'm glad I purchased it! I wanted a machine that gave me a good workout, easy on my knees, portable and did not take up a lot of space. This stepper met my expectations. I use it when watching TV and in a short amount of time I'm sweating. I've noticed that my thighs have gotten firmer and when I go up and down stairs my knees no longer hurt. It was quiet when I first started using it, but after using it on a regular basis it has started to squeak a bit, but not very loud that it distracts from TV viewing. Using W-20 took care of it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Portable Workout, but limit to 10-15 mins???, September 21, 2012
This review is from: Sunny Health & Fitness Twister Stepper (Health and Beauty)
I just received the twist stepper today, and I thought Id write a quick review on my first impression.
Pros:
-Looks Fairly well made and Sturdy
-The arm straps are adjustable, and they give excellent resistance
-The stepping resistance is adjustable and gives a really good workout
-The computer turns on and off automatically

Cons:
-The step feels like baby steps. Not horrible, but worth noting
-The instructions say to limit workouts to 10-15 mins??? WTH?
Im assuming thats to prevent a heat build up from friction, but 15 mins?

It seems like a good buy and will do exactly what I want it to do. I want to workout every day with enough resistance to maintain my body weight. Its portable enough that I can use it in any room, so chances are I will end up using it very regularly. Thanks for reading!

**UPDATE**
I emailed sunny health and fitness about the 15 minute time limit on work outs. They told me that the people who wrote the instructions took some creative license with this stipulation, and that the machine can handle an hour workout or whatever. That made me feel better about my purchase. Thanks!

5.0 out of 5 stars This thing works!, April 20, 2013
A. Portsmouth (North Dakota, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sunny Health & Fitness Twister Stepper (Health and Beauty)
Very short version to a really long, awful story: I was dumped and I tried to eat my way out of it.

In the end, all I ended up with was still dumped and now sitting on a size 18 rear end. Not good.

So I ordered this little stepper.

Listen to me here...this is the important part. IT WORKS!

I actually have two now. One at home and one at work. I make it a necessity to use it for a minimum of 10 minutes every hour -- no matter what. You don't have to get on it and use it for 45 minutes straight -- although, that's an awesome workout, too. Just get on it and use it consistently.

I started this 30 days ago. And now I'm sitting on a size 12 rear end with size 8 straight ahead, directly in my sights! Every step counts. Every step is YOU moving toward your goal -- whatever that may be.

Buy it. Oh, and you should buy a can of WD-40, too. If you use it as much as you should, the shocks will need some lubricating.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hands down best little stepper made!, September 3, 2010
This review is from: Sunny Health & Fitness Twister Stepper (Health and Beauty)
After reading other reviews for this and other mini steppers sold here, I ordered this one and kept my fingers crossed. So absolutely glad I bought this thing! It is beautifully designed, sturdy, and required no assembly. The pedals position your feet legs and hips to simulate the real action of the body in climbing stairs--something which the others fail to do, and, force you to use all of the muscles of the hip torso and thighs. I am a personal trainer so have studied the physiolgy involed in these movement dynamics. Add three pound hand weights to ramp up arm muscle challenge, instead of the hand straps which I found restricted natural arm swinging form. Perfect for doing while watching tv or talking on the phone. I love this thing!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not really "exercise", July 6, 2010
BookishB*tch (The Wilds of Eastern Washington) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sunny Health & Fitness Twister Stepper (Health and Beauty)

It's easy enough to put together, and the tension adjuster worked fine. The resistance bands can be used for balance or to add to your work out. Nice.

The biggest negative for this machine is that the "stride" is very small. You are not really working your legs at all. If you get up some speed, you can get a pretty good hamstring and calf burn going, but this is like taking baby steps. I prefer a machine that lets me stretch. I didn't realize this wouldn't do it.

I let my daughter try the stepper out, and she said the very same thing.

If you are just looking to tone your thighs and hips (not unimportant), this may be the machine for you. If you want to burn calories, lose weight, and really work your whole leg, this is not likely to work for you. I sent mine back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, June 10, 2010
I'm recovering from a herniated disk and am typically VERY active (running, swimming, martial arts) and need something small for my apt. for low-impact cardio while also strengthening my hips and glutes. I was really skeptical about this thing, but all the reviews seemed to rave. I've had it for over 2 weeks and it's quite awesome. Not flimsy at all, and small enough that it's unobtrusive in a small space. I watch TV and pump on this thing. It really works glutes, inner & outer thighs. I'm very pleased. Unfortunately, it doesn't quite fit under my bed, but it's really small enough that it's not in your face. If you're dedicated to actually doing the workout @ home, you can't go wrong with this - especially for the price!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great machine, January 31, 2009
The wife just loves it. She enjoys using it while watching a movie. It's light, well built and convenient to use. Great product!

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for 15 minutes at a time, and here's why., March 28, 2012
IndianapolisVet (Indianapolis, IN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sunny Health & Fitness Twister Stepper (Health and Beauty)
Well, I understand now why you're supposed to use this thing for 15 minutes at a time.

Here's the story. I bought it to go in front of my standing desk at work, thinking to myself "to heck with 15 minutes, I'm sure it'll be fine if I go all day".

Turns out, after 15 minutes of heavy (LOL!) use, the pistons get overheated, and start making unhappy creaking noises.

So essentially, after 15 minutes it's not YOU that needs a rest, it's the machine.

Other than that little limitation, it's a fine little machine that does what it promises.

Perhaps if I like this after a month or two, I'll step up (LOOL!) to a higher-priced model.

Also buy some T-9 bicycle lubricant as another reviewer mentioned, better than WD-40 for this particular application.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome piece of machine!, December 12, 2012
This review is from: Sunny Health & Fitness Twister Stepper (Health and Beauty)
I have been using this stepper for about 2 months now, so far I have been losing 1 to 2 lbs per week. I use it for 30 mins to 45 mins to sometimes 60 mins at least 5 times a week. I feel like it's really working out for me. At 10 minutes on this thing; I am already sweating up a storm! I feel like I am getting more of a workout on this then the gym. However, I don't recommend this for heavy set people that weigh more then 190 lbs., and if you are into extreme workouts, you may find this boring & useless. As for me, I love it & can't live without it.

2.0 out of 5 stars good for lightweights?, November 1, 2010
This review is from: Sunny Health & Fitness Twister Stepper (Health and Beauty)
Probably be fine if you are a lightweight. At 210 lbs it lasted about 2 months. Loved it while it worked.

Sunny Health & Fitness Twister Stepper