Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Mudcrutch Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation Learn more

Size: (L x W x H):18.50 x 16.00 x 8.00 IN|Change

on September 21, 2012
I just received the twist stepper today, and I thought Id write a quick review on my first impression.
Pros:
-Looks Fairly well made and Sturdy
-The arm straps are adjustable, and they give excellent resistance
-The stepping resistance is adjustable and gives a really good workout
-The computer turns on and off automatically

Cons:
-The step feels like baby steps. Not horrible, but worth noting
-The instructions say to limit workouts to 10-15 mins??? WTH?
Im assuming thats to prevent a heat build up from friction, but 15 mins?

It seems like a good buy and will do exactly what I want it to do. I want to workout every day with enough resistance to maintain my body weight. Its portable enough that I can use it in any room, so chances are I will end up using it very regularly. Thanks for reading!

**UPDATE**
I emailed sunny health and fitness about the 15 minute time limit on work outs. They told me that the people who wrote the instructions took some creative license with this stipulation, and that the machine can handle an hour workout or whatever. That made me feel better about my purchase. Thanks!
77 comments|435 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 7, 2010
I purchased this in May of this year and wanted to wait several months before reviewing it. I'm glad I purchased it! I wanted a machine that gave me a good workout, easy on my knees, portable and did not take up a lot of space. This stepper met my expectations. I use it when watching TV and in a short amount of time I'm sweating. I've noticed that my thighs have gotten firmer and when I go up and down stairs my knees no longer hurt. It was quiet when I first started using it, but after using it on a regular basis it has started to squeak a bit, but not very loud that it distracts from TV viewing. Using W-20 took care of it.
77 comments|380 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 20, 2013
Very short version to a really long, awful story: I was dumped and I tried to eat my way out of it.

In the end, all I ended up with was still dumped and now sitting on a size 18 rear end. Not good.

So I ordered this little stepper.

Listen to me here...this is the important part. IT WORKS!

I actually have two now. One at home and one at work. I make it a necessity to use it for a minimum of 10 minutes every hour -- no matter what. You don't have to get on it and use it for 45 minutes straight -- although, that's an awesome workout, too. Just get on it and use it consistently.

I started this 30 days ago. And now I'm sitting on a size 12 rear end with size 8 straight ahead, directly in my sights! Every step counts. Every step is YOU moving toward your goal -- whatever that may be.

Buy it. Oh, and you should buy a can of WD-40, too. If you use it as much as you should, the shocks will need some lubricating.
2121 comments|365 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 3, 2014
I purchased the Sunny Twister Stepper a few months ago, and ended up returning it because I found the steps were too stiff to maneuver, even without using the tension knob. I then tried the regular Sunny Mini Stepper sold here on Amazon, and didn't like it at all. The regular mini stepper had too small of a base, and it was not nearly as comfortable to use as the Twister version.

After a lot of research, I decided to order the Sunny Twister Stepper again, with the assumption that I may have gotten a defective one the first time. To my delight, the new one functions great! The steps are not as stiff as the first one I received, and the quality and build of the stepper have improved (perhaps the manufacturer updated it).

I am physically fit, and I find that this stepper gets my heart rate up in a matter of minutes. When you use the arm pulleys at the same time you are stepping, it really elevates the level of exercise, and becomes a total body workout. In addition, because you are essentially balancing yourself while using the stepper, you are also working on your core without even realizing it.

I like the small footprint of the unit, as I can slide it under a table, or hide it in a corner without it being obtrusive. It's a sturdy, durable machine, and the monitor/counter works just fine for my needs. The hooks that attach the arm pulleys to the base are made of metal...I don't see them breaking anytime soon.

I highly recommend this stepper. For some, it can be a sole source of exercise. For others, it can act as an adjunct, or means to switch up an exercise routine. Either way, you can't do better for the price.
on September 3, 2010
After reading other reviews for this and other mini steppers sold here, I ordered this one and kept my fingers crossed. So absolutely glad I bought this thing! It is beautifully designed, sturdy, and required no assembly. The pedals position your feet legs and hips to simulate the real action of the body in climbing stairs--something which the others fail to do, and, force you to use all of the muscles of the hip torso and thighs. I am a personal trainer so have studied the physiolgy involed in these movement dynamics. Add three pound hand weights to ramp up arm muscle challenge, instead of the hand straps which I found restricted natural arm swinging form. Perfect for doing while watching tv or talking on the phone. I love this thing!!
11 comment|286 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon October 23, 2013
This is a versatile, sturdy and no excuses stepper. Its 21-pound weight and compact design makes it easy to setup wherever you want. The stable base and heavy, wide foot pedals allow you to maintain your pace without a sideways or forward movement of the unit. The only motion is from your feet. If you purchase this item, you make a "no excuses" pact because things like inclement weather, inconvenience (like gym hours and crowds) and maintenance (like bikes and helmets) are no longer an issue. Just step to it, already!

This stepper combines your typical pedestrian walkabout with a stair stepper motion without the knee strain of the latter. Still, you'll get a solid workout. I particularly felt the burn in my bum and upper thighs. I also felt tighter in my core. You can track your progress with the base-mounted LCD display.

Start slow - walk steady for 15 minutes for two weeks - before bumping up to a faster pace within the same time frame. You can measure the strength you've gained in your workout because of the increase in steps despite no increase in time. Grow your workout from there. Although the handheld extension bands are a nice safety and resistance feature, I found them awkward to use and simply pump my arms when using the stepper. You'll need good balance to pull that off, though.

While I wish the LCD was Indiglo or backlit, this is an excellent piece of equipment to add to your home-based gym.
on January 31, 2009
The wife just loves it. She enjoys using it while watching a movie. It's light, well built and convenient to use. Great product!
on December 12, 2012
I have been using this stepper for about 2 months now, so far I have been losing 1 to 2 lbs per week. I use it for 30 mins to 45 mins to sometimes 60 mins at least 5 times a week. I feel like it's really working out for me. At 10 minutes on this thing; I am already sweating up a storm! I feel like I am getting more of a workout on this then the gym. However, I don't recommend this for heavy set people that weigh more then 190 lbs., and if you are into extreme workouts, you may find this boring & useless. As for me, I love it & can't live without it.
on July 15, 2015
Just spend the money and buy a better stepper. I have had nothing but problems with this stepper, from loud squeals to bolts shooting off (im 175 lbs).
review image
on October 9, 2015
If your someone who has a consistent everyday exercise routine, don't waste your money on this. Not long after purchasing, you use the product and within 5 minutes of use, you start to lose resistance/tension. Did not last long.