on June 17, 2011
Let's get something straight, the elliptical was approximately $150. It took about an hour and half to put together, if you have any working knowledge of how to read instructions or have put a bookshelf together, you won't have too many problems. The real issue is trying to get the tension wire attached to its gauge all while holding a 10 lb pole in the air yourself... not happening! There are a few squeaks from time to time so I've learned to keep the little wrenches out that come with the assembly package. The bolts in the arms that attach to foot bars need to be pulled, cleaned, and lubed everyone once in a blue moon... not bad since I use the thing everyday! It is sturdy, has handy little wheels on the front to move easily, and does not take up too much space. The stride is quite short, I'm 5'8" but I make due... again, $150! I do think however, the calorie counter is way off because it does not recognize the tension changes... All in all, I'm satisfied with my purchase, I have not had any wobbling issues, the thing is extremely quiet when the bolts are clean and lubed *which elimates the squeaking altogether* Good for someone whose career does not fit within gym hours (me).
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 29, 2011
Came in good packaging, well protected, and no signs of damages. The elliptical itself is very sturdy, well made and very easy to put together. As for performance, the stride is shorter than gym strides ( i am 5'9 and 160lbs), but its something I got used to really quick and was not a problem at all. Overall, the workout was what i needed from my busy schedule, and with the ease of having it in my own home was perfect. Definitely would buy again if this was ever to break.
on April 15, 2012
It took my husband less than an hour to put the machine together. The only thing I had to help him with was holding the handle bars while he connected the wires inside the main tube. It's an ok machine.

1. It's pretty squeaky. I'm not sure how other people have been able to re-calibrate their machines so that it's silent. If you have any suggestions on this, it's appreciated. The noise is intermittent, and if you throw on some headphones it's less noticeable.

2. I'm 5'1" and my husband is 6', so the stride is ok for me, but rather short for him. Based on the other reviews, we understood this to be a possibility, so it wasn't a surprise. And he can still get a reasonable workout with it.

3. It's stable for going at an average pace, but if you start going really fast, it starts rocking a bit.

The machine is lightweight, has a smaller footprint, can be moved to another space if needed, and does the minimum. It's a good starter machine and a reasonable value for the price. There are definite quirks, but in general they're manageable ones. I think the machine is ideal for an apartment dweller or someone who's wants to try out having a cheap exercise machine at home before buying a better quality and higher priced machine.
on November 2, 2013
I've only owned this elliptical for @ a month. This is the first elliptical I've owned and - so far - it's met expectations. I am a 60 yr old woman - not handy - but put it together myself. It took me a few days to do it though. Were it not for the assembly of the tension cord in the main shaft of the machine, I would have had it assembled in an afternoon. I had to keep fumbling with the cord until it fit - tough to do without help.

The only other issue is the short stride. I am only 5'1" and it seems a bit short in the stride even for me.

Having said all of that, I am nevertheless very pleased with the purchase. I needed something to help keep the weight down in the winter when I am not able to take walks and this seems to do the trick. It gives me more of a workout than simply walking.

Also, it is very quiet. I've read the reviews that said it was not quiet, but I think they may have assembled the foot peddles wrong. I did too at first and it was noisy. All I know is that it is very quiet now.

I also needed to tightened up some of the bolts after @ 20 miles - but it was no big deal since there really aren't that many bolts to tighten. So far, I've only had to tighten them once. I now have @ 80 miles on the machine and everything is still tight.
on June 28, 2012
- Don't expect gym quality, the machine is under $150. It is not a $1-2k machine.
- Its good for mini workouts at home 30-60 min at a time.
- The quality of the machine is fair. Nuts and bolts are strong (NOTE: If you think its wobbling, chances are the nuts and bolts at the base are not evenly tightened so that the weight can be distributed).
- For assembly, I recommend gloves (remember to remove your rings) because the tightening process can be hard on your hands.
- During assembly I initially thought the the screws were stripped and THEY WERE NOT. I was attempting to put the pedals together, had to insert the the screws through the leg assembly area and the lubricant (they use for movement) had to be cleaned off prior to attaching the two parts. Don't waste time getting frustrated like I did, and don't strip it. Just have a rag ready to wipe clean prior to attaching the parts.
- Assembly process is not necessarily hard, I refused to let my husband help me and I am not savvy when it comes to assembly but it took me about 1.5 hours.
- The monitor is okay, I don't like that there is one button for everything and not an on/off switch but it works and will turn off automatically
- The stride is perfect for me, but I am 5'2". My husbands is 5'9"/5"10" and he also thought it was good

So the final verdict is 4/5 because for the price, its a great machine. It accomplishes its purpose. Don't have unreasonable expectations about gym quality because its not. If you have ever seen the gazelle-it along those lines, but I like this better. The reason its not a 5/5 is because the monitor doesn't have an on/off reset switch. You kind of have to click through. That's a pet peeve of mine but it may not be for others.

P.S. I recommend that you purchase a floor mat or padding for the bottom. The bottom of the machine is not soft, so you will need some cushioning on the floors. It did not damage my floors but I wouldn't take the chance on it long term.
on June 25, 2012
I just ellipticalled 6 miles in 35 minutes and feel AWESOME! (I'm on a post-workout high so this review will be a bit scatter-brained)

After realizing I will never have the discipline to go to the gym after 8 hours of work (or to try finding a parking spot in my neighborhood after 6pm), I decided to bring the gym to me. I agonized for a few days between this, a mini elliptical without the arms, and a stepper. I decided on this one, thinking I will use it more than I would a simple stepper. With this machine, I can use my arms to maintain my workout when my legs get tired.

This box is heaaaavvy! Make sure you have help carrying it in. Can't say for sure how long it took to put together because I took some breaks to make dinner, etc., but it was around an hour total. Do make sure to go through and tighten all the bolts after it's put together. I didn't, and had one of the bolts connecting the arms to the center pole come unscrewed mid-workout.

I'm 5'6" and the stride is a bit short, but you get used to it. My boyfriend, who is 6'3", could barely get the thing moving without stumbling, but could still feel the effects of the workout for the minute he was on there.

For the money, and what it is, I really couldn't be happier. Sure, I wouldn't mind a longer stride, but my apartment is tiny so this works for me.
on April 16, 2012
Shopped around - looked for an machine that wasn't too expensive -- or too heavy to move. Took about an hour to put together -- faster if you have two people :) am very pleased with the machine -- doesn't wobble too much -- I'm a 5'2 135 lb --- might be a bit unsteady for a larger person. Its quiet -- can watch tv easily -- and stride is good for me as well. Overall - well worth the minimal cost!
on May 5, 2012
Let me start of this review by saying I READ every review posted at the time of purchasing this Elliptical, and I was rather nervous as the average was a 3 score. The quick run down, if your not very technical this product will be hard for you to put together, on top of it THROW out the crappy tools they give you as most bolts won't get tight enough from them. I suggest a cheap set of sockets (MM) and wrenches, you can buy them for about 20 dollars for both at an auto store or Wally World etc. While putting this machine together one of the bolts went right thru the foot pedals as the plastic for those are VERY VERY CHEAP, so be very very careful when tightening them down. Other than that we've had no mechanical or linkage issues putting it together. The Magnetic tension seems to work well as it's cable driven for tightening. Latching that cable can be tricky and I would recommend using two people to install it to ensure it get's a 100% fit, as that seems to be a major issue others were complaining about, again we did not experience this issue.

Now on to the product, I knew going in this was going to be a VERY short stride for me as I am 6ft and my Fiances is around 5'6-5'7. For me it's very small but use able on a level 7-8 the footing is hard with my shoes as I wear a size 13 and the feet pads just barely fit my feet. The machine works well, seems to have good tension and somewhat sturdy for a $140.00 product compared to the one in the gym it's about a 3 out of 6. With that said I've use this product for a week 10-20 min sessions while it's been raining outside I have no trouble with building up a heavy sweat. I don't think I could use this every day however 2-3 days a week is alright for me I assume, I will update in a few months. If this product last us 2 years we will more than have gotten our money's worth out of it. I do like the hand grip heart monitor and calorie readers. Seems to work rather wheel and it's a simple push button rest. Batteries came with the machine so we will see how long they last for, as I am a fan of the ones that plug into the wall. This machine is a budget, compact sizing, apartment friendly machine. I would not purchase this for me as I have a stair stepper and I can get twice the work out on that, however it's old and doesn't come with the cool calorie/heart monitoring features etc...

Now for my Fiances feel, she says it's good, a little shaky for her however I tell her it's our wood floors, she gets a good work out on it for about 20 mins a night. The stride is a little short for her as it works best for someone 5'4 and below. The 6 setting is about the avg tension for her, anything less than that she doesn't feel like she is getting a work out at all. Her feet fit well in the foot rest and the arm skii's are nicely placed for someone her size. All in all she thinks it's a good machine even despite the short stride. We both were unsure at first but after a week of usage (and then some) we have come to enjoy the little machine for what it is. A good way to burn calories inside while not breaking the bank.
on June 8, 2013
This elliptical is great for the pricepoint it is at. It is very sturdy and I haven't had any issues with wobbling or squeaking like I read about on previous reviews. As stated on other reviews it does have a very short stride length which I think is OK, it just gives your upper thighs a killer workout.
I have been running on this daily for only about 15 minutes a day for the last 60 days and have already dropped 12 pounds. I am slowly increasing the amount of time I can run on this, but I find that after about 20-25 minutes I'm completely out of breath. This gives me a great workout, doesn't take up much space, and was a great price point. I am extremely happy with my purchase.
on February 21, 2012
This was the first piece of exercise equipment I have purchased. It arrived a day before the shipping estimate said it would. Always a good thing. It took me about two hours start to finish to put it together. There were some tricky moments in setting it up alone (the tension control was a trip) but overall, nothing that I couldn't handle by myself (I'm a 26 year old woman). I used it right after setting it up and it ran smoothly, no squeaking. It did rock back and forth a bit but it wasn't terrible and once I got going, it didn't really bother me.

The only thing I would change about the machine is that there is nowhere to put a water bottle. But I should have thought about that before I bought it. I just didn't. So make sure you check that out before you buy if it's important to you. Overall, that's pretty small and it's still a really good value for the money.