4.0 out of 5 stars Great little piece of exercize equipment
Published on December 20, 2010 by D. Parker

3.0 out of 5 stars Weight Loss
I bought this thing to be low impact and help get me active to lose some weight. I use it for 20minutes a day M-F. I'm averaging 85 steps a minute. When I bought it I was at 320 LBs with the doctor approved goal of 250 LBs. I'm a big muscular guy.

Week 1: 315
Week 6: 299

All...
Published on June 25, 2012 by Jonathan

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little piece of exercize equipment, December 20, 2010
This review is from: Sunny Health & Fitness Twister Stepper with Handle Bar (Health and Beauty)
It was pretty easy to assemble and sturdier than i thought it would be. I had bought one without a handle at sports authority years ago but this one was much better. the steps are plenty big enough for your feet and the whole thing is fairly sturdy. it is also light weight which makes it easy to pull out in front of the tv to step. the only thing i wasn't sure about was that there is a pulley underneath and the steps go a bit sideways as well as up and down. This is good because you can adjust the resistance more than other kinds but it felt akward on my knee joints at first. now that i am getting used to that aspect i think it is a nice piece of equipment for the price. no trouble with delivery or anything.

3.0 out of 5 stars Weight Loss, June 25, 2012

Week 1: 315
Week 2: 314
Week 3: 308
Week 4: 304
Week 5: 303
Week 6: 299

All in all I'm pretty happy with my results.

The size of the thing is pretty small and its really light and easy to move around with 1 hand. It took less than 10 minutes to put together.

Edit: The thing broke 2 weeks after I wrote this review. The metal bar on the right pedal snapped in 2. When it happened I was not injured. I just now saw the comments asking about how sturdy this is. I don't blame the equipment because I'm a big guy. While this thing was quick and a good start it didn't last long (2 months). But it got me motivated to do what I needed which was start exercising.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great machine...while it lasts, July 29, 2011
Hubby purchased this as a surprise for my birthday! OMG, I lost 7 pounds in one week from working out on this little machine. The size was perfect, the work out great. I got so I was looking forward to my first thing in the morning 800 on this as I caught up on the morning news.

Sadly, it broke yesterday. The bolt that holds the cable to the fly wheel broke. We cannot find a part that matches it. Sunny Health and Fitness did respond promptly to my email but seem to be giving me the run around with requests to send a picture of the broken bolt...well measure the bolt, do you have the recpt? Scan it and send that to us.

The recpt. was thrown away when we got this as the place we got it from will NOT refund for any reason at all.

Needless to say, I will get another stair stepper...just not this brand nor at places like Marukai that will not be flexible with customers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, February 18, 2012
I do like this machine, and after a while of excersizing I'm sweating and my legs are a bit tired. The thing I don't like about this machine is that it's moderately slow and makes squeaking noises as it moves. I excersize 20 minutes then break for 10, and I kinda OD it because I do this from 4:00pm-8:00pm, and 30 minutes straight in the morning. Im in high school, so my hours are pretty flexible. I give it 4 stars, only because it's slow and squeaky. But other that that, I do like it and I would recommend it to anyone:) also, the assembly was pretty easy, took about 20 mins. This does not fold up, and is awkward to carry. I hope this helped:)

5.0 out of 5 stars A real workout, April 21, 2012
My heart rate really gets going with this compact little stepper. Construction is strong and sturdy. Assembly was a piece of cake. I didn't bother installing the counter/timer because those things tend to be junk. I bought a digital timer with a magnetic back instead and attached it to the frame.

I was concerned about the "twister" part of this product because I didn't know what it was and was concerned it might be something I wouldn't want. The twist just pertains to the angle of the foot pedals. Your feet are not pointed straight ahead. They're angled inward a bit at the toes. It's hard to describe, but it feels more natural than another stepper I had that kept the feet entirely parallel and it works the hips.

Adjusting resistance is quick and easy. Just the turn of a knob.

4.0 out of 5 stars Just as described in the listing, January 3, 2011
Decided I needed a stepper in addition to my treadmill. I could not afford the Bowflex stepper. This item was in my price range and meets my expectations. Can get a very good workout, has the readout recording the time, calories, and number of steps. I am very pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value!!, July 3, 2013
I'm an exercise professional and bought this for home use when we moved to the beach and there were no near-by gyms. I was a little skeptical because it was inexpensive. But it's GREAT! It's a solid piece of equipment that has held up perfectly for over a year now! I also was skeptical that I'd get a good work out from it since some home workout equipment is too easy but it is a good workout! The tension adjusts easily without having to get off the machine so I can start out warming up with lots of support to make it easy them turn the dial to increase the speed an get a harder workout! It is extremely light weight and easy to move around. I was able to move it anywhere in the house I wanted to exercise simply and easily. I love that it's designed with the foot pedals at a perfect angle to strengthen hip muscles. It's also a great angle to protect the knees. I like the way it tracks the number of steps in a single work out and over time. What an awesome value! Thanks Sunny Health & Fitness for making an affordable, solid product.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's Okay, January 14, 2012
This just arrived so it's too soon to say, but I REALLY miss my Aspen stepper that lasted forever and would probably still be going strong if I hadn't lent it to my kids who left it out in the rain and ruined it.

PROS: It was relatively easy to assemble; it's made of steel rather than plastic; it has a built in timer (also a scan, calorie counter and stroke counter), but the accuracy of these things is dubious at best, and I'm not one to use them anyway; it doesn't take up much space and is easy to move.

CONS: The tension adjustment knob is a joke. From the easiest to the most difficult setting is so subtle, I barely noticed it. Even at the most difficult setting, going as fast as I could, I didn't perspire at all; for people who are used to steppers, the twisting motion is a bit awkward, and since it came with no exercise instructions, perhaps there's something I'm missing to the advantages of twisting; at full extension, the handle bars don't go up very high, and they don't move.

If you're someone just embarking on an exercise routine, don't want to spend a lot of money and don't have a lot of space, this will probably work just fine. However, for the athletically inclined who already work out regularly, this will probably be a bit of a disappointment.

Update: Have now had this for a while and need to mention that the tension adjustment knob does work but ONLY WORKS IF YOU LET THE STEPPER SIT FOR AT LEAST A COUPLE OF HOURS. If you try adjusting it without letting is sit undisturbed, you will NOT feel any difference.

Update a little over a year later: The cable broke, and the manufacturer has been unresponsive. So into the trash it sadly goes. Due to a major design flaw in construction, the cable is forced to stretch, wear down and eventually break with use over time. A hydraulic resistance system would be a major design improvement. So if you don't mind a machine that will only last about a year, this stepper is fine. But if you want something that will last longer, I'd give it a miss.

4.0 out of 5 stars So far... so good., January 2, 2012
I am going to be objective about this item. I am using it for 8 days (It was a xmas gift) my wife and me use
it everyday so far, and I have to say looks good, heavy (looks! but is really light), strong, so far reliable.
I weight aprox 170 (2 lbs less or 2 lbs more) and 5' 10", we are not fat or big... so the gap between knees is totally enough for us, we are jus average people who work out regularly. I read some ppl finds it small or tiny. Well, if you are 220 lbs and your feet is size 14 then maybe you are going to have some issues. I know, maybe it is too soon for say it, but so far... so good.

1.0 out of 5 stars was great till it broke., April 3, 2013
Was working great for four months. I was back in shape using this. Then it broke. Came apart at the weld.

Sunny Twister Stepper with Handle Bar