Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Sunny Twister Stepper with Handle Bar
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

on June 25, 2012
I bought this thing to be low impact and help get me active to lose some weight. I use it for 20minutes a day M-F. I'm averaging 85 steps a minute. When I bought it I was at 320 LBs with the doctor approved goal of 250 LBs. I'm a big muscular guy.

Week 1: 315
Week 2: 314
Week 3: 308
Week 4: 304
Week 5: 303
Week 6: 299

All in all I'm pretty happy with my results.

The size of the thing is pretty small and its really light and easy to move around with 1 hand. It took less than 10 minutes to put together.

Edit: The thing broke 2 weeks after I wrote this review. The metal bar on the right pedal snapped in 2. When it happened I was not injured. I just now saw the comments asking about how sturdy this is. I don't blame the equipment because I'm a big guy. While this thing was quick and a good start it didn't last long (2 months). But it got me motivated to do what I needed which was start exercising.
1212 comments| 277 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 20, 2010
It was pretty easy to assemble and sturdier than i thought it would be. I had bought one without a handle at sports authority years ago but this one was much better. the steps are plenty big enough for your feet and the whole thing is fairly sturdy. it is also light weight which makes it easy to pull out in front of the tv to step. the only thing i wasn't sure about was that there is a pulley underneath and the steps go a bit sideways as well as up and down. This is good because you can adjust the resistance more than other kinds but it felt akward on my knee joints at first. now that i am getting used to that aspect i think it is a nice piece of equipment for the price. no trouble with delivery or anything.
11 comment| 179 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 3, 2013
I'm an exercise professional and bought this for home use when we moved to the beach and there were no near-by gyms. I was a little skeptical because it was inexpensive. But it's GREAT! It's a solid piece of equipment that has held up perfectly for over a year now! I also was skeptical that I'd get a good work out from it since some home workout equipment is too easy but it is a good workout! The tension adjusts easily without having to get off the machine so I can start out warming up with lots of support to make it easy them turn the dial to increase the speed an get a harder workout! It is extremely light weight and easy to move around. I was able to move it anywhere in the house I wanted to exercise simply and easily. I love that it's designed with the foot pedals at a perfect angle to strengthen hip muscles. It's also a great angle to protect the knees. I like the way it tracks the number of steps in a single work out and over time. What an awesome value! Thanks Sunny Health & Fitness for making an affordable, solid product.
11 comment| 80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 29, 2011
Hubby purchased this as a surprise for my birthday! OMG, I lost 7 pounds in one week from working out on this little machine. The size was perfect, the work out great. I got so I was looking forward to my first thing in the morning 800 on this as I caught up on the morning news.

Sadly, it broke yesterday. The bolt that holds the cable to the fly wheel broke. We cannot find a part that matches it. Sunny Health and Fitness did respond promptly to my email but seem to be giving me the run around with requests to send a picture of the broken bolt...well measure the bolt, do you have the recpt? Scan it and send that to us.

The recpt. was thrown away when we got this as the place we got it from will NOT refund for any reason at all.

Needless to say, I will get another stair stepper...just not this brand nor at places like Marukai that will not be flexible with customers.
66 comments| 179 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 14, 2012
This just arrived so it's too soon to say, but I REALLY miss my Aspen stepper that lasted forever and would probably still be going strong if I hadn't lent it to my kids who left it out in the rain and ruined it.

PROS: It was relatively easy to assemble; it's made of steel rather than plastic; it has a built in timer (also a scan, calorie counter and stroke counter), but the accuracy of these things is dubious at best, and I'm not one to use them anyway; it doesn't take up much space and is easy to move.

CONS: The tension adjustment knob is a joke. From the easiest to the most difficult setting is so subtle, I barely noticed it. Even at the most difficult setting, going as fast as I could, I didn't perspire at all; for people who are used to steppers, the twisting motion is a bit awkward, and since it came with no exercise instructions, perhaps there's something I'm missing to the advantages of twisting; at full extension, the handle bars don't go up very high, and they don't move.

If you're someone just embarking on an exercise routine, don't want to spend a lot of money and don't have a lot of space, this will probably work just fine. However, for the athletically inclined who already work out regularly, this will probably be a bit of a disappointment.

Update: Have now had this for a while and need to mention that the tension adjustment knob does work but ONLY WORKS IF YOU LET THE STEPPER SIT FOR AT LEAST A COUPLE OF HOURS. If you try adjusting it without letting is sit undisturbed, you will NOT feel any difference.

Update a little over a year later: The cable broke, and the manufacturer has been unresponsive. So into the trash it sadly goes. Due to a major design flaw in construction, the cable is forced to stretch, wear down and eventually break with use over time. A hydraulic resistance system would be a major design improvement. So if you don't mind a machine that will only last about a year, this stepper is fine. But if you want something that will last longer, I'd give it a miss.
33 comments| 100 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 18, 2012
I do like this machine, and after a while of excersizing I'm sweating and my legs are a bit tired. The thing I don't like about this machine is that it's moderately slow and makes squeaking noises as it moves. I excersize 20 minutes then break for 10, and I kinda OD it because I do this from 4:00pm-8:00pm, and 30 minutes straight in the morning. Im in high school, so my hours are pretty flexible. I give it 4 stars, only because it's slow and squeaky. But other that that, I do like it and I would recommend it to anyone:) also, the assembly was pretty easy, took about 20 mins. This does not fold up, and is awkward to carry. I hope this helped:)
22 comments| 97 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 8, 2014
I am around 163 pounds
27 years old
5'4 and this little thing got me tired by even just 30 seconds into the workout. I did not want to give up just yet because I really wanted to get my money's worth. I had eaten two Subway Oatmeal cookies which total 400 calories. I really wanted to burn those suckers off. But with only doing 1442 repetitions in 30 minutes, I managed to burn 205 calories (that's what the monitor read).

**PROS**

1) It will get the job done. I know it's cheap and looks like it's not a lot, but it got my front thighs and my upper butt cheeks on fire. I would love a full and firm butt not only for looks but your butt muscles are the biggest muscles and if those are firm, they really help out with your metabolism (Or so Leslie Sansone said). I was really tired on the first round but I had to push myself.

2) You can adjust the tension/resistance at the bottom front if you want to push yourself. I had to loosen it. it's really tough work.

3) It's not heavy at all or takes up a lot of room. No, it cannot fold for lower storage.

4) It does record your time, your repetitions, and calories burned.

5) The machine will not reset your progress. So, if you stop working out like to go to the bathroom or answer the door, it will pause until you come back.

6) It does not make a lot of noise.

**CONS**

1) The machine is very simple, meaning there's not a lot to it. For example, there's no place to hold your remote or water bottle.

2) It does not record your heart rate.

3) The manual instructions was a little confusing despite putting it together around 30 minutes. There was a picture in the instructions with all the parts creating a skeletal scene of it, and that was rather more helpful than the actual instructions.

**NEUTRAL**

1) The stem coming up does rock a little, but not much (It could just be the way that I set it together). Sometimes I'm afraid to even lean on it.

2) I'm 5'4 as described earlier, but getting on it makes me feel like I'm too tall. The machine is not very leveled, as if it makes me feel like there was a part I missed that I did not install.

Overall, I love the machine. It's not perfect, but I'm glad I'm getting something out of it. I will continue to give some updates as I go becuase I read that this thing does break apart earlier than expected. So, we'll see.

2/16/14 Update
I'm continuing on the stepper and you guys have no idea how much my upper buns are on fire. This stuff is VERY tough and I don't even have it on high resistance. It's TOUGH! I don't really feel it as much in my back leg, but rather my front thighs, but the butt area is the worst. That's what makes you want to get off.

3/2/14 Update
The stepper is still going strong and the workout is still very tough. I managed to get past 30 minutes and into maybe 45 minutes becuase I played a video game and that really got me distracted from the workout.
on March 17, 2013
I've owned this product for 35 days and enjoyed it while it lasted. However, it broke and I am unable to return it to Amazon because I have exceeded the return time frame, no warranty from manufacturer (Sunny Health Fitness).

1. I am male and weight 180LBS, product was used for 30-40 minutes a day 6 times per week.
2. The longer you use it, the hotter the actuators get and the weaker the resistance becomes. After 30 minutes, both actuators have very little resistance.
3. Handle bar always gets loose due to hardware backing out, the supplied lock washers do very little to help this condition.
4. Right pedal broke at the pivot attach point, tube sheared and it's unrepairable.
5. Don't waste your money if you are planning on using this product for moderate/heavy workouts.
on August 2, 2013
I bought this stepper for my 80 year old Dad. He had 2 knee replcements and doesn't move around very much anymore. He loves this little stepper, uses it everyday with ease. Thinking of getting one for myself. Love that it has a stationery handle for people who need the stability.
on March 16, 2014
I really like this stepper. It is inexpensive. it was easy to setup, and it does a good job. I decided to go on a diet and start exercising and this was the first thing I decided to buy. I have a realIy small apartment and didn't not want a huge workout machine in my home so I decided to by this little stepper.
I weigh 170 and I really would like to get down to about 130. I eat really unhealthy, if you saw what I eat in a day you'd wonder how I'm either not dead from a heart attack or 500 pounds overweight. By eating a whole lot better ( which was really hard for me) and using this for about 20 minutes a day I lost 10 pounds in 2 weeks. Stepping on a scale and seeing a decrease in weight is such an awesome feeling. I hope to keep going and lose more weight. And if you are reading this and trying to lose weight good luck and you can do it as long as you put your all into it!