5.0 out of 5 stars works wonderful !
I bought this doorbell for my husband for Christmas who complained that he couldn't hear the doorbell while cleaning fish with the electric knife in our basement.

Published on February 18, 2006 by chris king

1.0 out of 5 stars Door chime
After three weeks the light started flashing on it's own, a week later it started chiming on it's own. A complete waste of my money.
Published on April 22, 2008 by Larry Alexander

5.0 out of 5 stars works wonderful !, February 18, 2006
This review is from: Sunnybell ST60 3-Tone 16-Channel Wireless Doorbell With Strobe Light (Electronics)

The light is great as it has a real nice 'strob' brightens to it as it flashes off and on, this he always can see without even turning his head-even though we placed it on a wall off to the side of his bench. We just love the sound of those chimes! Installing is a breeze.

This is an excelent product that works well, for a very cheap price

5.0 out of 5 stars Works fine over a good distance., August 17, 2006
It works well with very strong chime sound and optional flashing light. My unit works with 3 C batteries in the chime unit, but when I tried it with a 9V adapter unit as suggested, it did not work at

all, and I tried 2 adapters. I am using 3 rechargeable batteries in the chime unit. The little battery provided with the button unit is said to last a year, and I found a replacement is available for

that special battery at Radio Shack.

When I was testing both units in different locations before attaching to a wall, a battery would shift slightly and the chime

would not work. I taped the door of the chime unit shut so it holds the batteries in place. My button unit is in the lobby of

a 3 flat building, and the chime near the rear of our top floor

apartment. The signal carries that distance through the walls if the 3 C batteries are fresh.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought two so far, great doorbell, July 26, 2007
The old wireless doorbell we had for the back door, did not work well -- the signal would not propagate through concrete and steel.

This one seems to have no trouble getting through the concrete wall and metal door and gate (granted, there is a small gap under the door), and activating the receiver 30 feet away. The unit is well built, and has a good selection of pleasant chimes.

I also bought one for my grandfather who is hard of hearing, and lives alone.

The only con is, I expected a "true" strobe, similar to a camera flash -- so you could see it reflecting off the walls even in a well-lit room. It looks like in this device, the flash is just a while LED (albeit still a very bright one -- about the same as a small LED flashlight).

Vitaliy

5.0 out of 5 stars This wireless doorbell is GREAT!, November 17, 2007
Best wireless doorbell I've seen. It's LOUD (in fact it could use a little lower volume settng option), the wireless button is very sensitive to touch and works every time one presses it. The configurable LED strobe light is nice too, especially for those who are hard of hearing or deaf.

Oh, and you can't beat the price too!

1.0 out of 5 stars Door chime, April 22, 2008

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job., November 15, 2007
I've had this up for some time now and it works great. My chime is on a bookshelf behind some law books and placed about 50ft from the doorbell. I can hear the chime throughout my house, including on the second floor. I've had one person say she couldn't hear the doorbell from outside, so she kept ringing it, but everyone else says they can hear it, despite it's hidden and muffled location. I think it might actually be too loud for some people in smaller places.

The only issue that I've had with this doorbell is that the instructions were a little unclear. It came with the Westminster Chime as the default, but I prefer just a simple two-tone bell. The instruction on how to change the setting just tells you to move around some plastic caps over certain transistors (there is a helpful diagram), but it doesn't tell you in which order to place them to get a particular result. It was a relatively simple process but it did take some experimentation to get what I wanted. Also, I kept losing the caps because they are a little hard to work with. Overall, it's done it's job for several months and a few large parties and I'm relieved to have a doorbell.

5.0 out of 5 stars wireless door chime, October 25, 2007
amazon did a great job having this as one of their items. it's wonderful and easy to use. very loud as compared to other door bells. will purchase another one for the back door or just extra. great deal w/fast shipping.

1.0 out of 5 stars Nightmare, June 1, 2008
The first thing I noticed when I received this doorbell is that it appeared to have been opened by someone before me. (A return??) The instructions were completely inadequate, and that's putting it mildly. If I were trained in electronics I might have been able to make sense of it, maybe. I returned it (still waiting for a response) and went to Menards. I found something there for a few dollars more and installed it in minutes. My first bad experience with a purchase on Amazon. Noone's fault but the manufacturer.

2.0 out of 5 stars OK electronics, junky case, May 5, 2008
metamatt (San Francisco, CA USA) - See all my reviews
The good: range is ok, it's loud enough to hear.

The ok: no volume control, and the sound is a little too loud for the amplifier, so the sound is slightly distorted (like your stereo turned up too loud).

The bad: the case for the transmitter comes in two pieces that didn't fit together. After I took a knife and shaved off some of the plastic, I could get the front to clip onto the back, but it's still not a very solid fit and I worry about it falling off. Meanwhile, the included screws are apparently made out of butter; using an electric screwdriver, I stripped the head of the first one so badly I had to use pliers to remove it, and then using a normal screwdriver that fit perfectly and being very careful, I was still barely able to get the other screws in.

1.0 out of 5 stars Reviews are right, November 4, 2009
I bought 2 despite the reviews thinking that may be there was a bad batch It looks not well made and true instructions and tape are lousy The other one for my son was never used but mine AFTER a month started going off at 4 am and 10 am etc waking us up Turned lite of but did not help I just went through Amazan return NEVER had a bad experience and I learn that SIXTY days have passed so I will NOT get complete REFUND What a shame & they still sell this junk!!
BUYER BEWARE!!