5.0 out of 5 stars very handy
Published on January 3, 2007 by A. S.

2.0 out of 5 stars It's a great product, just one problem...
Published on June 13, 2009 by Michael Ashe

2.0 out of 5 stars It's a great product, just one problem..., June 13, 2009
Michael Ashe (San Francisco, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sunpak SPK620786 5-Inch Flex Leg Mini-Spider Tripod (Electronics)
I really like thing. I got it for my Vado HD pocket camcorder. It tips over if it's too windy, or if you put it on your dashboard for driving shots, but other than that, it's pretty stable. It's portable size and almost free price were the selling points for me. It's easy to get different angles but just so you know, it doesn't wrap around objects. It also has a little clip on the side so you can clip it to the outside of your pocket. That's a good thing because I wouldn't want to put it inside my pocket because this thing SMELLS TERRIBLE. I'm not kidding. You had to be wondering why you can buy these things for $1.35. Now you know. It smells like a combination of 'new car smell', gasoline, and tar. This thing must be toxic. It's sitting next to me on the sofa right now and I can smell its evil fumes wafting up at me. I tried washing it but it didn't help. Hopefully I can find a similar product that doesn't have this issue.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for what it is., September 23, 2008
Legs are "bendy" which makes leg use more flexible. Short height makes you adjust legs more than normal to accomodate weight imbalance of camera. If camera tripod hole was in center of camera, would be no problem. But short height makes camera not as stable. Would recommend a longer tripod.

5.0 out of 5 stars very handy, January 3, 2007
This is my first tripod and I'm not a very experienced photographer. I've used it on a Canon PowerShot and I wouldn't recommend it for large cameras. It's been a great addition to my camera and really improves the quality of my shots and the value of the camera itself. There are many similar products. I got this one even though it was more expensive than others on Amazon because I could get free shipping.

If you're very worried about camera shake, use the tripod with the self-timer feature. I also like using the tripod to hold my small camera in my hands. Also putting my the camera in continuous shooting mode while on my dashboard during a drive produced some nice shots.

The tripod is a nice addition to a camera and its so cheap it's not worth thinking about too long. I doubt there are many differences between brands so just find the best deal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great!, April 27, 2009
I bought the Mini-Spider Tripod to use with a FlipHD (which suffers from shaky hand-held image quality) and I couldn't be happier. The tripod is small, adjustable, inexpensive and holds the FlipHD perfectly steady.

5.0 out of 5 stars Limited usefullness, but..., May 14, 2009
It's a handy little item, but make sure your camera has the mounting hole more towards the center or it may have a tendency to fall over easily. Works great when you want to get everybody in the picture and not end up with some unwanted object in the shot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for my usage, April 24, 2009
Doug A. (Lyons, CO United States) - See all my reviews
I purchased this tripod to use with a Creative Labs Pocket Camcorder. The camera is very light, so this stand works perfectly!! It may not be for you if you have a heavy camera, but great for my camcorder.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not sure where the good reviews are coming from, October 10, 2013
I bought this product probably because of price and of course because I needed a mini tripod to take on the go for my dslr.
It might be for a small pocket camera but I have tried this for my DSLR and a very small projector used for business presentations.a
I also feel I generally err on the side of being positive and objective. This tripod is unstable for both of my applications. It doesn't provide enough
spread to balance out a larger object that goes on it, and it doesn't take much for the object (camera/projector) to be larger.
I would say if you were buying this for a pocket point and shoot camera this would be fine. Otherwise, it will end up in the draw with your other non usable
items. I'm still looking for a tripod for my small presentation projector.....

4.0 out of 5 stars Neat little tripod for small cameras, but will not support a SLR with lens, December 9, 2009
This is a neat little tripod to throw in your day pack if you are traveling with any of the myriad of small handheld digital SLRs such as the Elph line or the Nikon Coolpix. It allows you to easily set your camera for a self-timer shot. It will NOT support a heavy (or even light) digital SLR - even with the smallest lens.

This is a substitute for the reach-your-arm-out-as-far-as-you-can self photo.

I find that I use it all the time when traveling.

Note that the whole thing is only about six inches long.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Good Mini Tripod, October 30, 2008
This works perfectly, just don't be too rough with it. I recommend it for Point and shoots only though. It is light weight, small, and cheap. Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sunpak 620-786 Mini-Spider Tripod, March 15, 2009
Pen Name (Chula Vista, CA) - See all my reviews
This tripod works great with the Vado mini pocket camcorder. Even though the insert point on the device is off center, this tripod does the job and at a fantastic price!

Rate and Discover Movies