5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, best value on the market
I purchased my first chi machine, an Exerciser 2000, back in 1999 for nearly $400. It's a fine product, but it only has one setting, which I discovered is just way too fast for my bad back to tolerate safely or comfortably. Needless to say, I regretted that purchase and consequently stayed away from chi machines for a few years.

By comparison, the Supentown...
Published on November 15, 2006 by PanDragon

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Comfortable
Excellent Seller. Refunded my money with no problems. Product: I returned it. I wish I had done my research before I bought it. The cover for the ankle rest didn't fit. My feet kept slipping and wouldn't stay in the proper position. I have since read that a variable speed machine can actually hurt you and change your blood presure in ways that may be harmful. I'm...
Published on December 8, 2011 by Mountain Mom

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, best value on the market, November 15, 2006
PanDragon (California United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)

By comparison, the Supentown AB-07 is under $80, it features up to 14 speed settings, and has an easy-to-use remote with multiple options. Now my only reget is that I didn't go looking for this thing sooner.

If you have never used a chi machine before, it's hard to describe the experience. They're simply unlike any other exercise machines I know of. The feeling is both relaxing and invigorating and for people like me, they're great way to help stay active without risking further injury.

If you have a chronic injury or are not in great physical condition, I highly recommend the Supentown (assuming your doctor or physical therapist agrees that chi machines are a safe option for your situation). It's the best value I could find on the market and has more features than many of the far more expensive models.

At the slowest setting, it's so gentle I can use it comfortably even when my back and neck are really hurting. And when I want to step up the pace, the remote makes it easy to increase or decrease the speed gradually, in small increments, so it's always easy to find a pace that feels just right.

I placed my order on a Sunday evening and recieved the machine by Wednesday afternoon using standard shipping.

Only two minor issues to mention.

1. The ankle rest is made of hard plastic, so some folks may want to use a little extra padding for comfort (like wearing an extra pair of socks perhaps).

2. The ankle rest is also a little smaller compared to the Exerciser 2000. I believe they had asian women in mind when they manufactured this model. Wearing a man's size 9 shoe, it fits me just fine. But I suppose people with much larger feet may find it a bit tight.

All things considered, this is one of the very best purchases I've made at Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great piece of equipment!, February 17, 2008
Linda Chase (Flagstaff, AZ USA) - See all my reviews
I saw these machines on the Ellen Show and checked them out on the Internet. There are rave reviews as to the benefits of these machines aligning your "chi" (not into chi), helping fibromyalgia, diabetes, increasing metabolism, aerating the cells of your body, etc. Some of the machines are quite expensive. This is the best priced machine I could find. I bought TWO of them...one for me and one for my daughter who has fibromyalgia. I'm almost 68 and I love using the machine. The gentle motion is so relaxing, and you can feel movement all the way up to your head. But you have to build up your time SLOWLY. More is not necessarily better when starting out. It makes me feel invigorated, my usual aches and pains are gone, and it's so relaxing. My daughter loves her machine too. She says it really helps her feel a lot better and has eased the pain of her fibromyalgia. It has timers and intensity settings that are easy to use. The instructions are a little sparse, but there are great instructions on the Internet if you search for "Chi" machine. We both use our 2-3 times a day. It's a gentle easy way to move your body without having to do strenuous exercise. We don't use the swivel disk that comes with the machine, but purchased exercise mats that are "seconds" here at Amazon and they work great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Helps both my husband and me!, March 3, 2010
This review is from: Sunpentown Healthy Swing Machine with Swivel Disc (Health and Beauty)
We tried a similar type of machine while visiting my parents over the holidays. It really took the stiffness out of my hubby's hips and back while we were away so we made it our business to get one when we returned home. There is a wide price range. After reading most of the reviews for all the machines, we chose this one, in large part for the reasonable price. Having been forewarned by previous reviews, I was prepared to pad the ankle cradle, and set aside the disk that came with it. Although our chronic hip/back/leg problems are different, both my husband and I find this machine a great help. Hubby says it "loosens things up" and relieves the stiffness. Just 5 minutes on the pre-programed routine and he's able to easily touch his toes and walk without pain along the sciatic nerve. I, on the other hand, have too much curve in my lower back, and eventually discovered, to my surprise, that the disk that so many users call "useless" is very helpful to me. I had to experiment with it's placement, but found that it actually pushes my pelvis forward while working the joints and haven't had a single moment of the groin pain I'd been experiencing at work where I'm on my feet 8-9 hours a day. This has been such a help to us, I've already bought another one for my daughter for her birthday!
We consider this a really good purchase. The controls are easy to manage without having to look at them all the time, and I particularly like the variations in the available speeds. I start slow and "warm up", gradually raising the speed, for the first 5 minutes, spend the next 5 minutes at about 10 or 11, then slowly back down for the final 5 minuts or until the machine shuts off. I try to keep my stomach muscles contracted toward the floor as much as I can, and for this reason, recommend that your start with 5-minute sessions and work up to longer. I actually had sore muscles the first few times I used the machine, and know that like any other form of exercise, you need to start slowly and not overdo. This conscious contraction of the stomach muscles is actually helping to flatten my stomach! Experiment with positions, like slightly twisting to one side or the other if you have chronic discomfort on one side. Pressing my back as flat to the floor as I can is helping to reduce the curvature in the small of my back. If you have too little curve in your back, place a small towel, folded three or four times under the small of your back as you swing. Try different things and you can customize your workout to your own unique situation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfectly satisfactory machine, February 26, 2008
Due to the loan of a Sun Ancon Chi machine, we could make a direct comparison with that machine. The Supentown is a little bit noisier, but not objectionably so. The side-to-side motion is the same in distance. The motion of the Supentown has a little vertical motion; not noticeable or good or bad in real use. The maximum speed is very slightly (3%) slower than that of the Sun Ancon machine, again not a speed difference that is noticeable in use. No experience yet with the variety of speeds available in the Supentown. The overall quality of build is similar for the two; perhaps the Sun Ancon feels a little more rugged, but not in proportion to the price or in a way that gives a lack of confidence in the Supentown.

Bottom line: this machine delivers the desired effect at a very good price, leaving no sense that more expensive alternatives would lead to a better result.

We use the machine with a (baby's) wool 'pelt' laid over the moving element to cushion the legs. Makes it look and feel like a friendly oscillating sheep.

5.0 out of 5 stars I have great improvement in my health!, November 28, 2011
I have been using this swing machine now for three months. I waited to give a review so I could really learn the product first and give a really fair review. Watch U-tube and see the different styles. I did see where what could be the original design said do not use other machines because they could throw off your heart rhythm, throw your back out etc. Well, I have been having heart problems and back problems and knee problems and I LOVE this machine! It would be my guess that China doesn't have a false advertising law.
1. Yes there is the comfort thing. The padding is useless. I put a throw blanket down and it worked great. After a few weeks I noticed I didn't need anything. It must have `toughened ` up my ankles/legs. The hard plastic no longer bothers me but if it does.. use a blanket or towel or like others have said use the sticky back sponge type shelf liner. For the money savings for the $300+ models this is a small thing.
2. I heard a complaint about it rocking and jumping. If it does that you need to reposition! I find this machine stable and quiet. I live in an upstairs apartment and was told they could not hear it below me.
3. Different speeds. I think there are nine speeds. A lot anyway. One will work better one day and other one will feel better the next. Just work with what feels good for you. I have one or two that I don't care for but most of them really feel great!
4. I started at five minutes and before the week was over I was using 15 minutes. I use anywhere from 20-25 minutes once to twice a day. Go by how YOU feel!
5. ALWAYS after the machine stops LAY THERE. You will feel a rush/tingle feeling which they say is as much of the work out if not more than the swing itself. It lasts about two to three minutes depending on how long/fast you were on the machine. That is Oxygen rushing though your system.
6. Drink water after to help the lymph system do its thing. That is the main point of this machine. Which..I think is fantastic. The lymph doesn't have a pump like blood does. It depends on movement/exercise to move out the waste. Well, if you aren't moving much..you are going to get sick(er).
7. While you have everything loosed up from the swing machine.. S-T-E-R-T-C-H !! That does your back soooo much good! You can hear the popping. I am a big believer in Chiropractors and I found I don't need to go as often..this works! Stretch those legs too. First I curl both legs up to my chest while laying there and feel the stretch in my lower back. Then I twist to one side then the other (watch U-tube on this one- type in chi swing machine and you will see a lot of demos) I also pull my leg one at a time straight up and feel the stretch. Pull your toes pointing toward your shin and you will feel even more stretch. All this takes less than two minutes but what a huge differences that has made for me!
8. As for the plastic disc, yeah, its crap. This swivel in a circle thing when we are going side to side...someone wasn't thinking. If they had a side to side swinging disc then `maybe' but the thing isn't necessary and is too hard, uncomfortable and just plain is useless.
What has it done for me? At first my knee I had surgery on really hurt because it is sort of bent backwards a bit. I used a leg brace I had and then I was fine. I toughed it out for a few weeks and now after two months my knee is better than it has been since high school -40 years ago! Stretch people! And don't give up on this thing. If you back or leg hurts, go slower or for less time and work up. This will loosen you up and get you feeling great. I think that was what part of the pain was. I was so stiff and it had to kind of break free. I have not been injured..I have improved a mass amount!!
My back has stayed in great shape as well as my neck. I have been going to the chiropractor at least once a week. Now I go about once a month. I am doing fantastic!! It has taken a lot of back and neck pain away.
I can walk much better than I could, that means with more ease. My heart is improving and I can't say it was from this.. but I can't say it wasn't either. I can now use stairs with bounce even. I have asthma making exercise even more of a nightmare. To be able to have more bounce in my step and use stairs its doing something
I have lost weight..yes, there it is.. I have lost weight. The only exercise I do really is this. I lost 3 lbs the first week. I have lost about 2 lbs a week after that. I have really toned up in my waist, butt and my legs are getting solid. Not kidding.
Over all I feel so much better. I didn't get the flu when everyone around me was. This is something I love to use. I put headphones on with my ipod and off I go. Time flies by. I have an exercise mat I set it on and just leave this set up because I am on it all the time. No, this one is for life. If it wears out..I WILL not live without one. It will not go in the closet. You are safe buying this product!!
UPDATE: Four months using this product now. The two pounds a week tapered off but so did my good eating. However, that said, while using this machine and eating poorly I didn't gain. I was laid up for December with broken ribs and I really missed not using this. hence the bad eating time. Food being my comfort drug of choice and all. I did notice I not only gained but seemed more bloated but that could be the eating choices too. I haven't slept nearly as well as when I did use it. I can't wait to be back on it.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a winner!, April 7, 2008
I think the healthy swinger lives up to its advertised claims and could actually brag a little more about its benefits. I use it 2-3 times a day to get temporary relief from arthritic stiffness and pain in my hips. It gives me more hip mobility than some of my physical therapy exercises without injuring me. My muscles are less achy. When I want to relax, I put it on a slow setting and let it gently rock me back and forth. When I want to be energized, I use the automatic setting which is delightfully envigorating.

I favored this product because of the disc. With my arthritic hips I thought I might need the extra comfort. I was right. It takes some of the strain off my hips as they move.

I also thought the price was marvelous after having seen how expensive some of the other offerings were.

Initially, there was discomfort to my ankles. Using some of the suggestions I had seen in other reviews, I tried thick socks and other cushions. However, what works best for me is to simply and slightly correct my body's alignment so that my ankles are resting perfectly straight in the plastic ankle cradles.

Of course, this is a simply product. You lie down, put your ankles in the cradle and turn it on. However, there are those of us who read the directions and try to carefully follow them, regardless. And, this is the only real complaint I have about the product. I couldn't understand clearly what was being communicated in some of the instuctions. For instance, it indicates that for arthritis, one should (among other things) raise one's hip off the floor. There is a diagram with a lady lying without a disc on the floor; ankles in cradle. Was this the time to use the disc? It didn't say so and the diagram didn't include the disc. So I tried to raise my hips off the floor without the disc. It works better to use the disc, so I do. Also, there is a fish movement demonstrated where it is written, "hold your fingers tightly and deep arms to the side of the legs". For weeks, I have been trying to determine what is meant by "deep arms". Today, I am thinking it is a typo. But, these minor setbacks haven't kept me from loving my healthy swinger. I want to always keep one of these in my house.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, February 7, 2008
I don't know if the purpose of using this machine is to make you sleep, but right after I use it for about 30 minutes, I fall asleep like a baby. Great product and not too expensive.

4.0 out of 5 stars Results?, November 22, 2008
I like this product, I really like it... After 3 weeks of daily use, I still don't see or feel any of the lasting changes I had hoped to get. While I am using, though, I love the motion it produces: it's almost like gliding through water...
This machine is more versatile compared to other models (my mother owns one); this one comes wit a more complete control that allows you to not only set the amount of time you want to use it, but also the speed of the motion. I love the automatic mode, which combines different speeds of motion for the time interval you selected. It's funky!!!

I'll give it 4 stars for now, and once I see the long term health benefits I hope to get, I'll bump it up a notch to 5 stars.

Maybe it's just a matter of time...

5.0 out of 5 stars good for your aching back., October 30, 2009
This is a neat little device that actually seems to help an aching back. I've been looking at these "chi swing machines" for a while, but the $200+ price for some of them really scared me off. After doing a little research, I decided to try the Sunpentown Healthy Swing machine. It arrived quickly, and I started using it, with the factory settings, right away. The leg cradles take some getting used to because, as mentioned in other reviews, they are made of hard molded plastic. The machine does include a slightly padded cover for the cradle, which helps somewhat. I added my own extra padding by cutting sheepskin "patches" that I put on where my ankles rest, then covering them with the "cradle cover". This solved the comfort issue for me. The machine itself is quiet, and has the added feature of a remote control with a long cord so that you can adjust both the speed and time while you are using the machine. It also has a handle built into it if you wish to move it from room to room. It is light weight, and rather small, so storing it out of the way between uses is not a problem. I started out with 5 minutes at a moderate speed twice a day, and have increased both the length of time and speed over a period of a few weeks. The way my body feels at the end of each "treatment" is incredible...very tingly and engergized. I found the disc to be pretty useless, and I've only used it once as it doesn't seem to add anything to the experience. I would recommend to Sunpentown to drop the disc thing, and put that money into padding for the ankle cradle. Overall, I recommend the Healthy Swing Machine to ease an aching back, and it's just fun and easy to use. The under-$100 price was nice, too. Give it a try.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loving this machine!, June 4, 2012
After a search I decided on this SPT Healthy Swinger. While the jury is out on all the supposed benefits (um, like weight loss!), I have been using it faithfully since I received it (very quickly I might add from Amazon). I got it on recommendation from the JUICELADY- Cherie Calbom, as a LYMPHASIZER. (there are lots of videos about the benefits of moving the lymph system). I usually do my PT exercises to "open" up my chest on a half-round 36-inch long hard foam roll as my PT wanted me to get. Just laying on this opens up the chest so much, besides doing the stretches. This is all for my very comprimized neck from the "head-forward" position I have had for years of computer work and poor posture. I am even developing a cervical hump because of it and the exercises are helping to straighten this out. Anyway, I decided to try the machine while balancing on my foam roll and the experience is even better as the motion goes all the way up to my neck and head, not just my lower legs like it is if you just are on the floor. Put a little towel roll under your neck, lay on the half-round roll, turn on the machine and relax! You'll get the benefits of the machine all the way up your spine! And the other review that said the swivel seat is useless is correct. It may work some if you are sitting, but in the lying position it does nothing. I highly recommend this machine and you'll feel the "buzz" for a few minutes after the machine turns off!

Sunpentown Healthy Swing Machine with Swivel Disc