Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on January 29, 2008
My decision for a compact refrigerator was a double door design. Separate freezer and refrigerator.
I highly recommend this product and this brand (Air Purifiers USA). After ordering the product, I contacted the manufacture (via the email confirmation details), and asked about the color options. White on white vs. Stainless on black. (I read them on the product description page, but was not able to make the selection during checkout). The gentlemen suggested putting the order on hold for 2 hours, he then contacted the warehouse, determined availability, and called me back and I selected Stainless on black. The order arrived in 3 days using regular shipping and the box was very well packaged. In fact, the original packing carton was inserted into a slightly larger carton (with good padding) and the entire packing was first rate.
The refrigerator is a thing of beauty. A full size look in a compact size unit. Stainless front with black box. The top has a convenient molded tray, designed to be used as a 'spill proof' counter top. The topside is large enough to hold coffee maker, cups, etc. and will never scratch.
Time will tell if this unit will perform as expected. My confidence is high and I am a very pleased customer.
22 comments| 87 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 26, 2008
I bought a slightly different model 1 year ago. It has worked superbly all the time. So, why do I bother to write the review NOW ? Because of Customer Support. I needed to move the fridge to another location, and re-hung the doors from hinges-on-the-right (the way it came from the factory) to hinges-on-the-left. When I was done, the freezer door was slightly misaligned and did not close properly. I called their 800 number; it is busy much of the time (it is either busy, or a person answers, no waiting), but it was worth retrying. When I got through to a person, HE ACTUALLY WALKED ME THROUGH THE STEPS NEEDED TO FIX THE PROBLEM on the phone; no charge, no hassle (and he spoke flawless American English, as opposed to me). I am so impressed that I felt compelled to write this review. These guys can sell me any of their equipment any time.
on July 24, 2010
After lots of research, I decided to get a fridge with separate freezer and refrigerator components because I read that having a freezer inside the fridge compartment will make either the fridge too cold or too warm depending on how you dial the setting. This fridge got compliments for its looks in my office, and works great! So quiet, I don't notice it's there! The freezer freezes ice cubes and the refrigerator keeps my food cold. The dial was easily set so that the fridge is not warm but not so cold that it freezes the food. I was even impressed that the dial could be set so cold that my food got frozen in the fridge section!
on June 19, 2010
pros
-stainless steel front
-2 doors
-very quiet
-larger than expected/roomy
-keeps items cold
-light inside
-comes with mini ice tray/holder

cons
-can holder is useless to me
-doesn't hold a quart of milk in the side door
-doesn't have a lock
on December 14, 2010
I have used the product since I bought it about a year ago. Anytime I want a cold turkey sandwich while in my room, it's there. I don't have to walk all the way downstairs to get it. A little night-time snack and a cold drink is an arm-stretch away. Even popsicles and ice cream stay frozen and don't get freezer burnt.
on October 6, 2011
I am a college student and I got this fridge freshman year. It works great and I enjoy the separate fridge/freezer. Does not draw a lot of power either.
It recently decided to stop working on me only after 3 years. It just stopped cooling inside.
on October 25, 2009
Great controls over temperature for the fridge. Lots of fridge space and quiet operation.
on October 13, 2011
I bought this refrigerator for my office & for my parents to use when renting a cabin at our local state park. I did a LOT of online research before deciding on this one about 3 months ago. Shipping was extremely speedy & it was packaged very effectively. As an added bonus, my 3-year-old grandson is very happy to have a nice box in which to play.

I held off on my review so that I could see how the little frig performs. So far, I love the fact that the freezer is large for a compact refrigerator & has a separate door which really cuts down on frost buildup. I love the finish (brushed nickel or whatever they called it), too. What I would change is the can dispenser. As I am no longer drinking pop, I would rather have had the door shelves extended or one tall shelf in its place in addition to the existing shelves. I do have a couple of cans in the dispenser for people who come into my office, but they are devilishly difficult to remove from the "dispenser." I consider the can dispenser a terrible waste of space.

My overall opinion of this compact refrigerator is that it works quite well & is a nice addition to my office. I'm glad I chose this one.
on November 10, 2015
I was going to update my review and realized I hadn't written one. I have had this refrigerator for 2 years and am very pleased!

I retired and downsized into a smaller house in 2013. I tried this smaller fridge and have found it is plenty big enough for me. I have it on top of a repurposed dresser that I use for storage. This also makes it the perfect height.

The freezer holds several smaller containers of food, a full half gallon of ice cream, a pound of butter and more. It's plenty large enough for this one person. When I first received it, I found that the setting of 6-7 was ideal for my freezer. That causes the upper back 2 shelves of the refrigerator to freeze some items.

The fridge part holds more than I expected. But it is small enough that I don't forget about things until they are unrecognizable. (More than a couple of times.) When I clean it, I just remove everything, wipe it down and replace everything ~ all in about 10 minutes. It holds 2 half gallons of milk on the door, vegetables and cheeses in the drawer, and that still leaves all of the shelves.

Because the fridge section freezes some things, I put things like biscuit rolls and vegetables either in the drawer or on the door. It has not caused me any problems and has been useful a couple of times.

The only suggestion for improvement would be to get rid of the can dispenser on the door. This is made for a dorm room, I guess. But I wish they had made the space more useful. It is not unusable ~ I use it for yoghurts, etc. But still ~ can't college students just put their six-packs on a shelf?

I'm a little apprehensive that posting this review will jinx myself, but the refrigerator shows no signs of failing. I expect it will last a couple of more years. At that point, I will probably get another one. This cost me $219 in 2013. Considering it also uses less electricity, it is a better value than a full size fridge for me!
on February 22, 2015
Perfect for college students. A bit bigger than expected but serves its' purpose for my son. I like that it has two separate doors for the frig and freezer. When I purchase appliances like this, I rely on my husband for the specifications. He is an IT Engineer so he is very smart so when my son moved home because of going to a smaller closer campus of the university he attends so he could commute, my husband decided to put the frig to good use just as any college kid would do as well. Stashed in the garage, plugged it in and now it holds his beer, go figure.