5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, if purchased for the right purpose.
I almost didn't buy this unit because of the mixed reviews, but I took a chance and I'm glad I did. Bottom line, it works spectacularly well if used for an enclosed space where the air isn't being circulated/exchanged. I have it in a guest-cabin behind my house which sits vacant 90% of the time. It extracted about 1 cup of water in 24 hours of summer weather. Over a...
Published on September 1, 2010 by markoman1

1.0 out of 5 stars A cynical piece of junk
By way of background, I have been dealing with temp and humidity control devices for many years. Two reasons -- one, I am a lifelong asthma sufferer, and I have expensive wooden musical instruments that require constant care. I have owned many humidifiers, dehumidifiers, air cleaners and measuring devices (eg, hygrometers). I am not a technical expert on the science...
Published on June 20, 2011 by J. M. Lane

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, January 26, 2014
This review is from: Sunpentown SD-652 86-Watt Mini Dehumidifier (Kitchen)
Perfect for our camper that stays in FL year round. This was needed to keep humidity levels down to prevent mold

4.0 out of 5 stars Worked great for about 1 year, November 20, 2013
This review is from: Sunpentown SD-652 86-Watt Mini Dehumidifier (Kitchen)
This dehumidifier worked great in a 24' travel trailer that my son lives in.
My only disappointment is that after about 1 year it simply quit working.
Would not turn on and we could not figure out why it quit.

2.0 out of 5 stars Hose comes off and water goes on floor, September 10, 2013
Runnyknose (Ocean Park, WA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sunpentown SD-652 86-Watt Mini Dehumidifier (Kitchen)
The unit seems to be able to dehumidify as expected, but when the overflow hose is connected it pops off and water goes on the floor. It needs a lip on the fitting or a tiny hose clamp. I am now testing a zip tie to secure the hose .... we'll see .... but can't leave it unattended. Must manually empty the reservoir .... which incidentally is very difficult to remove.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Small Unit, August 11, 2013
This review is from: Sunpentown SD-652 86-Watt Mini Dehumidifier (Kitchen)
Nice compact unit. Purchased for my camper. Helps to keep the dampness out of trailer and is very quite. Highly recommended.

1.0 out of 5 stars doesn't last very long, August 5, 2013
This review is from: Sunpentown SD-652 86-Watt Mini Dehumidifier (Kitchen)
i live in a very damp basement apartment so i bought this dehumidifier to help keep the apartment cool. It worked for about a 4 months and then the motor pooped out on me. can't get it to turn back on anymore. if you want a good dehumidifier, do yourself a favor and invest in something better than this one. i think it would be worth the extra cost.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pulls a surprising amount of water consistently, July 8, 2013
This review is from: Sunpentown SD-652 86-Watt Mini Dehumidifier (Kitchen)
I purchased this unit to replace another one (an Eva-Dry EV1100) Because the previous one was simply not removing enough water. I am using this to help dehumidify a small basement that already has an AC unit to help with the humidity. I only intended to use this dehumidifier as a support for the air conditioning unit but it removes enough water to stand on its own! It covers a large area and the fan moves air at 50 ft.³ per minute, quite impressive.

The only thing that has me concerned is the power adapter; it runs EXTREMELY hot and I'm not sure how long it will last.

1.0 out of 5 stars The worst product ive ever bought on amazon., March 8, 2013
This review is from: Sunpentown SD-652 86-Watt Mini Dehumidifier (Kitchen)
Words can not describe what a piece of junk this is. I have never been so disappointed with a product. For one thing it barely works. The next thing is the hose that is provided with it DOES NOT STAY ON. So If you plan on hooking up the hose do NOT with out glue or something. I will avoid all sunpentown products, and so should you. I know It was cheap so I didnt expect much, but water from the air to the floor is not a better choice. The drain in my situation was located directly below down a washer drain, so nothing was pulling on it. The cord is unnecessary attached to a huge power supply, that is SO annoying. How could someone actually design something like this and think it has any practical application. Amazon Needs to have a NEGATIVE 5 stars<

3.0 out of 5 stars This product works only for a little while., February 4, 2013
Janice Tompkins (Grants Pass, Or. USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sunpentown SD-652 86-Watt Mini Dehumidifier (Kitchen)
I own 3 of the SD-652 dehumidifiers. You need 3 so you will have at least one that is in operating condition. After about 3 months the fan died in the first one. Sent the unit back to Sunpentown. Fixed under warrenty. The second fan failed at about 60 days. Rather than ship the whole unit back I requested another fan and installed it myself. 2 months later the circuit board failed. I retired this unit. Foolishly I just purchased 2 more. After 2 days the cooling unit of one froze up. This caused (I think) the power supply failure. Using the power supply from the first one I again have 2 operating SD-652 dehumidifiers. These little gadgets work well when they are working but why not put just a little more quality into the build in the first place?

4.0 out of 5 stars Working fine however, loader than I would have liked?, January 12, 2013
William (COTATI, US, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sunpentown SD-652 86-Watt Mini Dehumidifier (Kitchen)
Using this in my class a RV. It's about 235 sq. ft. It's pulling out about a 1/4 cup of water in a 24 hour period. Would had wished this was a little less noise. Little load during the night.

4.0 out of 5 stars very practical, December 30, 2012
This review is from: Sunpentown SD-652 86-Watt Mini Dehumidifier (Kitchen)
it works for small rooms and areas. I had problems with the power supply but company is replacing it with no problems.

Sunpentown SD-652 86-Watt Mini Dehumidifier