5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice
Published 22 months ago by Gary Mcdonald

Published 13 months ago by Samantha

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice, January 22, 2013
This review is from: Sun's Tea (TM) 8oz Ultra Clear Glass Tea/Coffee Cup & Clear Glass Saucer, Set of 2
Glass and saucer sets are perfectly clear glass that is lightweight and easy to clean. I would recommend this to anyone for any purpose. I use it as a espresso/cappuccino cup set and it fits perfectly under the nozzle of my espresso machine, where other glasses of equivalent capacity would fit only when fen-angled. This is because the glass is so thin and sculpted so well. This by no means says they are delicate. I have banged them up against things and they haven't even been scratched yet. Very nice and sturdy product.

4.0 out of 5 stars nice cups, January 22, 2013
The cups arrived quickly, they were really well packaged without going needlessly overboard. They look nice and are quite comfortable to drink from, as well as to hold either by the handle or the cup itself.
Unfortunately one of my cups had a small defect - the seller was very quick to respond and a replacement should've been sent the next day. I have not received it yet, but that may not be their fault.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple yet elegant!, October 18, 2013
For years I have just been using a big old mug to drink my tea. I finally decided to get myself some real teacups, and while browsing here on Amazon I found this set and was instantly smitten! The cups are made of borosillicate glass (as I read it, the same stuff that Pyrex measuring cups are made of) so are crystal clear, yet a bit more resistant to thermal shock. I have had a little experience with borosillicate teaware since I own a Yama Glass "Sitka" teapot I bought here on Amazon. I have used it for almost two years now, and that particular product has held up very well over that time period, so I expect the same from these teacups. Yes they are a bit thin in a general sense, but not really when compared to other teacups. So while borosillicate glassware is fairly durable, for the most part I do treat it gently. I handwash my teaware and nothing goes in the dishwasher, so that will never be an issue for me. The cup holds the stated 8oz of liquid (confirmed with a measuring cup), which is perfect for tea. The crystal clear glass allows the true color of the liquor to shine, the saucer is a nice size and pretty thick, and the handle on the cup is a perfect size even for my tree trunk sized fingers, and it stays cool no matter how hot the water is that goes into it. It is in every respect a nice and simple yet elegant cup and saucer that, as long as you treat it with care, should last you quite a long time.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice but design flaws, tea cup moves around on saucer while carrying them., October 10, 2013
This is a nice tea cup and saucer, but I have one big issue with them. The bottom of the cup and the bottom of the saucer are not the same size. Because of this, when carrying the saucer with a tea cup on it, the tea cup clinks and moves around on the saucer. It definitely does not give me confidence while carrying them and seems more likely to cause spills and all around makes the product somewhat lacking. I suppose I will have to find another set of cups and saucers which are actually made to fit into one another, not slide around. The sliding around is made even more annoying because glass clinks and makes more noice than porcelin would, making this set seem cheap and not well thought out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect teacups!, July 30, 2013
Michael N (Houston, Texas, USA) - See all my reviews
Given the affordable price, I was a little bit skeptical of whether or not these teacups would be quality or not. This purchase was a success! They arrived in the mail in perfect condition, nicely packaged. I preheated them by swirling a little hot water in them, and after pouring that out, I poured in my peach oolong. The cups hold the perfect amount of tea for one serving, and they insulate your tea long enough for the duration of drinking.

I'm also a coffee addict, so I can't wait to try these mugs for latte art! I'd imagine that latte art would do great in these because of the bowl-like shape.

I'd highly recommend buying these as a gift for your loved one -- a pair to share!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect match for my clear glass teapots!, September 8, 2012
I love being able to see my tea while drinking it - it somehow completes the blooming tea experience. This cup set is great! There is a little bit of size difference between the etching for the bottom of the cup and the etching in the saucer - so it slides a little bit -- but not enough that I'd worry about it falling and definitely not enough to take away from the loveliness of this set.

If you have a blossoming tea pot, you owe it to yourself to have a set of these cups as well!

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice cups but the lips on the saucers don't fit., May 20, 2012
I like the cups. At 8 ounces, they are a good size and have a nice shape. They seem sturdy, but I gave them 3 stars only because the lips on the saucers are substantially larger than the cup so that the cups slide around on the saucers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful complement to tea time, December 26, 2013
I got this set to enhance my tea drinking experience, and I am really glad that I bought them. They are of high quality and are priced reasonably. The cup does move a bit on the saucer due to their being glass, but the cup sits securely once placed in the groove with liquid in it. Aesthetically-speaking, drinking coffee or tea out of these cups impart something special. I love seeing the colors of different teas in them, and hot cocoa with whipped cream with shaved chocolate look absolutely delectable. I love these!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love This Set., January 11, 2014
Beautiful, dresses up my tea table well. I like the clear look. Already gave one set to my daughter. I recommend this lovely set.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful crystal clear tea set, April 26, 2013
I use this for coffee and tea, it's great for showing off the colors of high quality blends and adding alittle 'wow' factor in presenting a cup of morning caffiene to someone. The cups are actually surprisingly stirdy, i've accidently banged them against sink fixtures without a nick or scratch. The capacity looks to be around 8+ ounces easily.