Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

82%
18%
Format: Paperback|Change

on August 10, 2001
if you have an energetic child like my 5 year old who is always asking why - this is a great book. I got this book around summer soltice when my sun did not understand why he is going to bed when it is so bright outside. By doing the "experiment" with an orange and a flashlight, I think he understands why we have seasons.
on January 9, 2013
We used this book to discuss the science behind season changes and Winter Solstice with our five year old and his homeschool coop group. The book does a fabulous job of putting concepts into language that kids understand without watering down the information too much. The pictures and diagrams are great for visual learners as well!
on October 3, 2007
I'm a student studying to become a teacher and I used this book to build a lesson plan. I think the concept of how seasons changes is presented in a manner for 2nd or 3rd grader to easily understand. The hands-on demonstration included in the book was also helpful is enforcing the concept of why there are 4 seasons. The additional resource information provided at the back of the book is also a helpful tool for use with modifying your lesson plan to meet various student learning levels. I will keep this book in my library for use when I do become a teacher.
on January 27, 2010
I really like the "Let's Read and Find out Science 2" series. These are great science books for elementary school and they are perfect for my first grader. They use familiar examples to introduce basic scientific concepts in a simple but fun way. They are interesting for both kids and adults. I have found them to be a valuable tool to teach these concepts to my kids.

This book about the sun and its impact on the seasons is really fun. The diagrams are very well done.
on September 24, 2009
I absolutely love the Let's-Read-and-Find-Out-Science series and for DD's birthday I got a few of the 2nd series books thinking that they would be ok for a 6 year old in Kindergarten who loves science.

We were fine for the introduction and she understood the basic concepts but then she got in over her head and we just looked at the pictures. I would suggest this book for a 2nd grader or an advanced child. It is a really nice book and I suggest it for future scientists!
on August 14, 2013
All of the "Let's Read and Find Out" science book are a big hit in our house. This one is no different, and a welcome addition to our home school library.
on May 14, 2013
Our three-year-old granddaughter loved this book. She's really interested in science, and I've bought her a number of books from this series. All are excellent.
on November 30, 2014
This book explained the suns energy is responsible for the change in seasons in a developmentally appropriate way to my second grade class.
on November 10, 2006
You won't be disappointed with any of the Let's-Read-and-Find-Out Science books. As a primary grade teacher, I am extremely satisfied with this product. The text is easy to read, illustrations are always colorful and relate to the text, and diagrams provide additional information and explanation when needed. I constantly use these books to teach science concepts to my little ones.
on September 11, 2014
Purchased for school district. Since I didn't hear any complaints (which I would), I can only assume that teacher was happy with the item.