Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty Deals Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals BestoftheYear Shop Now HTL

on July 26, 2012
Why a case? Gizmodo reports that the Nexus 7's screen does not use Gorilla Glass, so when they dropped their Nexus 7 by accident, the screen broke and stopped responding: [...] (see the "No Like" section)

This case by Supcase looks good and protects the Nexus against minor spills and impact.

Fit is snug so the unit will not slide around, and a piece of Velcro ensures that the unit will not slide out.

All ports and buttons are accessible - camera, microphone, USB, headphone jack, power and volume buttons.

The cover of the case is magnetic which, when closed, tells the unit to turn its display off. The cover can be folded into a small flap in the back of the case, allowing the unit to stand for hands-free viewing - perfect for movies.
2222 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 23, 2012
This is a great case for the Google Nexus 7. The device fits snugly into the case, but not so snugly that you cannot remove it easily if you wish. All ports and side buttons are accessible, including charging port and earphone jack. The case covers the very thin side bezels without obstructing the screen at all. While the front cover that protects the screen when closed is quite sturdy, the spine folds easily, so you can fold the front cover all the way behind the device and hold it in one hand to read or browse. The front cover has a magnet to keep it secure when closed, which also acts a a smart cover to wake the device from sleep mode when opened automatically. This was a pleasant and very cool surprise the first time I used it - I had never experienced a smart cover before!
on August 6, 2012
I decided to do a quick video review of this case. I like it a lot and think for the price it's a great deal. I really only have one very minor issue with the case and that is the way the case fits on the front of the Nexus 7 it makes it a little bit difficult to swipe from side to side to navigate through tabs on Google Chrome. Other than that, this case is perfect. The smart cover magnet works great for turning the Nexus 7 on and off but it's not too strong so it doesn't turn the screen off when you fold it over the back of the tablet.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 26, 2012
I've been using this case for about a week now, and am satisfied with fit, quality of leather (for the price, anyway), access to controls, and its ability to wake the Nexus 7 on opening.

Sound from the speaker cut-outs is a bit muffled, but still good.

The big flaw becomes apparent when you fold the case backwards to hold it in one hand - when the front flap touches the back of the case the Nexus 7 goes to sleep again. Open the case just a little, and the tablet wakes again. This is an annoying flaw in an otherwise good product, and it has me looking for another product.
2626 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 21, 2012
I got this case for my nexus 7 and it fits like a glove! Perfect fit and very cute,also has a cool sleep/awake feature. When you close the case your tablet goes into sleep mode and when you open the case it automatically wakes up! Great case!
on July 31, 2012
Quality: Not sure if it is real leather or not, but it sure does look and feel like it. Feels great in your hand. Pictures to not do this case justice, it looks great. Had a seriously funky smell when I took it out of the packaging, but was gone in 2-3 hours. Inside cover is plush and soft. Stitching seems good, looks to be really well made.

Function: Here's where it shines. Fit is perfect and snug, with access to all ports and buttons. The volume / sleep buttons will be a little tougher to get to, since they are recessed. Cover stays cloesd due to a strong magnet. Sleep / wake function have worked perfectly, and have had no issue with the cover putting it to sleep when the back was flipped all the way around. Maybe the reviews that had that issue had too strong of a magnet? Flip out kickstand works, not the most stable thing in the world, but it will get the job done. Not as bulky as I imagined it would be, but it definitely adds some weight to the feather-light Nexus.

Shipping: Was quoted 3 weeks with standard shipping. Got it in a week. Packaged well, no problems.

Value: What can I say? Cheap cheap cheap. $15 with shipping for a quality case that looks to last a while. Couldn't be happier with the purchase.
on July 29, 2012
First off I wanted to give this product a fair shake. I ordered the product thru Amazon about the same time I ordered my Nexus 7 from Google. The Supcase came in due course and I have to say it is a good looking cover similar to a cover I got for my iPad but smaller, of course and costing much less. I was happy to have a cover, although I am not rough with my electronic toys. I easily slipped my Nexus 7 into the case and it fit wonderfully. After using it for about 15 minutes I noticed that the Nexus was turning off almost instantly after turning it on and finally the Nexus would not stay on at all. Finally after trying various scenarios, I took the Nexus 7 out of the case and problem solved! Well, I thought this Supcase was not working at all! I then took an Exacto knife and cut the magnets out and put the Nexus 7 back in the case and voila! success! I still get the advantage of the Nexus coming on automatically and it doesn't go off after 20 seconds and works great!

I would have to say do not buy the Supcase. It may work for some but I found that the product does not work properly, at least in my case.
77 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 23, 2012
I only ordered this late at night five days ago, and it already arrived! Today is Monday, also, so if there were mail yesterday it would have been even faster!

I was surprised to the quality of the construction when I got it. I was expecting something that was either quite flimsy or too clunky. This case was neither of those. I have just spent a good deal on the tablet itself, and just wanted to buy something quick, really anything I could cover it up with. I was thinking I could buy something better at a later time. However, this of such good quality I think I will be able to use this one as long as I like.

This is unusual for a tablet case that actually offers some functionality and looks nice. It has a cover which puts it into and out of sleep mode when opened or closed, and it can also be set up to hold the tablet standing up on it's own. Both features can be used without so much as a thought. None of this functionality adds too much weight, or detracts from the way it looks.

This is a great bargain for a well-made and useful product. It even fits perfectly with this specific device, it hasn't been manufactured generically -- you will be able to use everything with the case on! If you've just spent a lot on your tablet, don't think that you have to spend a large amount on a case. This one is great!
on July 27, 2012
I recently bought a Nexus 7, and then when it became available one of these cases. I normally do not bother to write reviews, but was so pleased by the product and price am glad to do so now. The design is excellent, as is the quality. According to my wife (who knows about these things) it is indeed nicely done leather. It does a very good job of protecting the device, cunningly folds to make a handy stand, and I find all the controls and ports to be completely accessible. Especially considering the price, what's not to love?
on November 18, 2012
It's a nicely made case. The quality is good, the leather feels good, and the magnets hold the cover shut nicely. The tablet wakes up when the cover is opened, which is really nice. The cover turns into a kickstand - again, nice to have. It gives the Nexus 7 a book-like quality.

Unfortunately, there's some serious ergonomic flaws. The volume-up, volume-down, and power buttons are very difficult to hit because of the case's design (the sides and buttons of the Nexus 7 curve inward, but the case doesn't, meaning you have to nudge your fingertips inside the resulting gap to hit the buttons). There is also too much leather in the front when the case is open; it covers up all of the black bezel around the screen. Although this looks nice, it makes it very difficult to hit the far edges of the screen. This makes things like pulling down the notification shade in Android and moving apps between different home screens frustratingly difficult, and I often have to resort to taking the tablet out of the case when I do those.

Overall, I would not recommend this case because of those issues.