Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on July 7, 2013
Not sure of the other bad reviews (too small, turns off?), as it's not too small, it's a handheld device, also comes with a nice hardshell case. As for turning off 3 times, it says right in the manual it auto shuts down after 20-mins of no button pushing. It is also easy to turn that feature OFF. Downgrading a product for a battery saving feature? Riiiight. This unit appears to be the same make as the vaunted Thermoworks brand, but cheaper, with some minor button feature changes. Will be using this to crank out delicious BBQ. Before I had to do with an oven probe which gets melted in the direct heat of a gas grill/smoker. This also comes with two probes AND two spare K-type male connectors, which is great. I had ordered some, but they won't arrive for weeks, now I get to use this immediately with the armored probes I bought separately for BBQ.
on October 15, 2013
This thermometer had everything I was looking for, until I noticed I couldn't reconcile the temperature difference with the supplied probes. Swapped them back and forth and found that the readings varied by 4 degrees F. when the thermocouples were exchanged. The admittedly cheap sensors were consistent when plugged into the same input. That maybe sufficient for HVAC work, but not what I need in a thermometer of this price.
on May 21, 2014
This meter device "just the right size" for on-the-job hand tool use. Not so small it gets lost or dropped: it has a small lanyard to attach it to you, or to hang it on something close by, and the display is great.
Pros to consider:
1: Small but not too small, and it looks as if it costs more than it does.
2: Uses 3 AAA batteries so maybe the battery life will not be too short.
3: It comes in a nice protective case and is NOT heavy.
4: It comes with two good type K thermocouples.
5: It has a perfect sized display for field use as well!
6: I used it with my refrigeration work to calculate supercooling with ease.

The cons for this device:
1: It is made in China, not Taiwan or other better places. Here in #2 is why that matters....
2: The warrantee after the 30 day Amazon warrantee is pure crapola! If it dies a few months from now, you have to not only provide copies of all your original purchase paperwork like always, but have to send with it a $20 money order to have them repair this thing that you paid just over $20 for. Yeh, right. Obviously, you may just have to buy another one = no real substantial good warrantee.
3: If you drop it very far, it is probably toast.... shattered hard plastic. However, most things are rather hard breakable plastic any more right? So, this is just more of the same.
4: My first unit beeped when turned on, but the display was completely dead, so be willing to be flexible & forgiving there. Amazon IMMEDIATELY sent out a second unit and gave me a free return shipping label. (I love Amazon!)
5: You cannot calibrate your unit. It is not guaranteed to be super accurate, but most others are not either, soooo?

Now, my second unit seems to work perfectly! It is easy to figure out and use. I think it will be perfect for my occassional refrigeration testing use. It has a "T1 - T2" function that is GREAT to use! You will instantly merely llok and see your superheat or supercool numbers in the T2 position on the screen. (By the way, I also have a Supco power monitor I have used for the past 2 years. It records volts and amps on your computer screen.... this is a great tool, so be encouraged to consider Supco a good value(possibly 2nd) product line in general when considering this product. It is certainly not the best you can buy, but, it is pretty good stuff, I like it, and I recommend it to you as such. Buy and enjoy for you could spend a WHOLE LOT more money to do the same thing. :-)
on April 24, 2014
Use for sub-cool or superheat or to see if there's a difference in temperature of more than 2 degrees going through a liquid line filter. For more on that see ClipLight DryR info. Great and fits all K type thermocouples including clamp style like the Pyle PCTL01 which are inexpensive.
on February 11, 2012
This device works well and is very accurate. I bought it to monitor before and after coil temps on my heat pump. Two things I would improve upon. First, the lens is quite soft and I easily scratched it the first day, just handling it and hooking it up. Novus scratch remover took out all but the deepest scratch. I would think that in the field, this lens would be a mess in short order. However, mine will always be inside now, in one spot, so this won't be a problem. Second, this thing is kind of hard to hang on to. They angled off a lot of the edges and it makes it kind of "slippery".

I personally don't care for the beep every time I turn it on or off but I suppose that feature would be useful in the field.

I would definitely buy this again, it's priced right and functions well. If I were a pro, I might look for a unit with a harder lens.
on May 31, 2015
You get what you pay for, and you pay little and get quite a bit with this. It's a nice meter for non-professional and even professional work as long as you don't need a lot of accuracy. But don't use it on something were you really want degree or fractional degree accuracy. Comes with a padded plastic carrying case, the two included T/C's are simple T/C wire solder beads, no probe covers.
on August 12, 2015
Own this meter, used once or twice as i already had company supplied fieldpiece temp meter. So i needed supco after changing jobs for my ac. The em60 is NOT accurate. Mine is around 5 degrees too low. Also both leads read different. There is no way to calibrate this unit. For those reasons i would never recommend this temp meter.
on May 10, 2016
the temp probes read different temperatures. One is 1.5 degrees too high, the other is 2.5 too low. I had 4 different thermometers in a ice bath and they were the most off out of the bunch. I can allow for the variances but they are only good enough, not within the stated specs.
on July 21, 2014
I've used Supco products for years so I was sure that it was going to be accurate and reliable. With this meter, I can take my superheat and subcooling both at the same time. This gives me a clear view of systems vitals. No problems thus far... very durable. Highly recommend.
on June 8, 2014
Was looking for an inexpensive meter. It seems there's $18 ones or the next step is $200. Supco is a decent name in HVAC, they sell good instruments not the top of the line .For $55 this was a good find. The probes that come with it are real cheap and not too reliable, one of them stopped working pretty quick. No matter I bought it for superheat and subcooling measurements using fluke and fieldpiece clamp on probes. It preforms well.