Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Supco RIM900 Bare Universal Icemaker Replacement for all Modular Style Icemakers
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on June 3, 2013
Came just as pictured. With my existing wiring installed in 5 minutes and started making ice like it should. Won't win any races in how fast it makes ice, but does fine. Of note is that I was replacing a 626640 which is not shown in this listing, but it looked right so I took a chance.
on April 23, 2014
I received this new and unopened. I had just a few minor parts to exchange from my old one to the new one, as advertised. Every thing fit, like it's suppose to. It was real easy to swap the parts around. Fit back in the refrigerator with no problem. I've had it in a about 3 months, and is still making ice. Very happy with it.
on November 11, 2014
Perfect replacement for my Whirlpool icemaker. The color is actually whiter than the picture looks and matches the inside of my freezer and the Icemagic Plus module that attaches to the front of the unit in my case. I wish I had just ordered it sooner and not wasted so much time trying to rescue my old icemaker. The price was right and installation could not have been easier!
on June 14, 2014
Cannot beat the Price!!
Sears wanted $117 for same unit plus shipping. Install was simple, so far unit is working Great!!!
on August 5, 2013
Was the exact replacement for the unit that was put in my fridge a couple years ago for the amazing price of $280.00 by an appliance dealer. Your price to me $40.00 +- and took me 10 minutes to change. Thanks
on July 9, 2015
I was a little skeptic at first because the unit I was replacing was “Kenmore "Acceler-Ice" unit, which is a way different ice maker than this generic one. However the ice maker works great and it was making ice a few hours after I installed it. The install took me about 40 minutes to completed but 80% of that was removing the old unit. I had a lot of problems getting the wiring to unplug from the old unit. I had to take it apart to get the “tab” to release the wiring. After that new unit took me about 10 minutes. In a few hours, I heard the unit drop it first batch of ice.
on April 18, 2016
Wow, this thing was so unbelievably cheap I can't believe it. The icemaker started to leak so instead of ordering a factory one, I saw this and decided to take a chance. Amazon is always good about returns. It was delivered quickly so we set out to remove the old one. Getting them out and side by side, they were nearly identical. It came with an optional bracket and a funnel like thing that you may, or may not have to use depending on your unit. Ours had to use both. The hardest part about the entire install was the bottom screw. This is in a bottom freezer Amana so you are down on your hands and knees upside down. It was installed and the next morning there were ice cubes! Excellent bargain. Please make sure to wait until you get the old one out, and sit both of them side by side so you can be sure of the differences. You may have to replace the bail that comes with the new one, with your old one. Slips right in. Ours needed the longer bail from the old one.
on July 21, 2015
Works great, install was simple, just 3 screws, and used the original wiring harness/plug. Very easy for anyone. Replaced my Kenmore ice maker perfectly. Much, much cheaper than having a repairman come the the house.

The product I got was NOT tan in color, as in the photo, but white, which is what I wanted anyway, so no complaints.
on June 14, 2016
This design is used in many different refrigerator models. This 'after market' unit fit perfectly into a Whirlpool unit. It's a simple switch: just
unplug the wire harness, slide out the 'water tube' and remove three screws, in 45 minutes tops, the job is done.
This price was the cheapest one I could find: the appliance company wanted $97 for a Whirlpool brand. (which was probably made in the same factory)
You'll need to use the old wire harness, on the new unit. The harness easily snaps out of the old unit.
Mine started making fresh ice that evening.
on November 30, 2015
Ice Maker was a fine fit to replace my original W10190978 which decided to stop functioning and the price was fair at $34.95. As other reviews mentioned, you have to punch out the hole where the water feed is, hopefully you do a better job than I do doing this since I ended up cracking part of my inbound water tray on the new part in the process. Thankfully the crack seems high enough that it is not causing a problem with water ending up on the bottom of my freezer, but as careful as I was, it wasn't careful enough. Worst case I will have to pull it apart and take the one off of the old unit. Installation was pretty simple, it would have only taken a few minutes had my ice maker not been so inaccessible with the drawers in my freezer. Replacement part doesn't seem to have an extra clip, so the wires don't stay in place as well, but it's not that big a deal. Had to reuse the wiring harness as expected and choose to reuse the bottom mounting clip since the prior one was metal and the new one was plastic. Only had made it through one ice cycle so far, don't have a ton of feedback on how well it performs, but it did start making ice within a couple of hours of being installed. Took off one star because punching out the inbound water hole was really annoying and as careful as I was, I damaged the unit in the process and it is missing one clip on the bottom which the old unit had which held the thermal wire in place better.