5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!
This was a very fun book to work with.

Published on September 9, 2011 by jared reit

3.0 out of 5 stars no templates
Love the ideas! Too bad thee book doesn't have templates included. I was hoping to follow directions without having to freehand draw the shapes.
Published 8 months ago by Jody Reilly

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!, September 9, 2011
This review is from: Super-Cute Felt (Paperback)
This was a very fun book to work with.

During last weekends monsoon, my nieces and I ended up working through several pieces. The instructions are clear and the illustrations are immensely helpful for those of us who are not blessed with the crafting gene. Plus, the pieces are clever and colorful, flipping through the book you keep thinking "I can make that" and/or "I want to make that."

A strong recommend, especially if you enjoy doing crafts with others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Adorable crafts!, November 2, 2011
This review is from: Super-Cute Felt (Paperback)
I found myself oohing and awing over all of the adorable and brightly colored projects in Super-Cute Felt. It is an especially attractive concept because felt is such an easy material to work with since it doesn't fray, plus it comes in all kinds of shades for any idea you might have.

I liked how all of the projects in Super-Cute Felt only use simple hand-sewing stitches (instructions are provided if you are new to hand sewing). That makes it easy to bring them anywhere and spend a little time working on them whenever you have a few minutes to spare. To create the fun ideas in Super-Cute Felt, each step has an associated color illustration along with clear directions to help you easily accomplish the task. Some of the ideas are small and fast to make, even for beginners or children. For the experienced seamstress or those looking for a more involved craft, there are many projects that are a little more elaborate, but offer the satisfaction of a job well done when finished.

There are several categories of felt crafts in Super-Cute Felt, including Accessories, Gifts, Homewares and Celebrations, each of them with absolutely darling ideas. Whether it's a Kitty Purse or Hedgehog Case to hold your cell phone, these simple, yet eye catching, designs will definitely get noticed. The Lovebirds Mobile would be a charming and original gift to give as a present for a new baby. The author suggests making the Butterfly and Flower hair combs for the ladies in a wedding party. The pastel colored Tea Cozy has colorful cupcakes and cookies placed on a retro cake stand and fits perfectly over your family teapot. My favorite felt treat was the Gingerbread Cookie Garland, which looks almost edible with its gingerbread "cookies", white felt frosting and silver beads. The delightful cookies are sewn on to a red gingham ribbon which is embellished with little jingle bells.

Super-Cute Felt is a very enjoyable book full of striking and fun ideas for the whole year!

4.0 out of 5 stars It really is super, cute felt!, November 28, 2011
This review is from: Super-Cute Felt (Paperback)
This book has lots of fun ideas to use up your felt stash. I am making a quiet activity book for my granddaughter and I have used the pattern for the flowers and butterfly and will be using the bird also. I am looking forward to using more of the patterns available in here.

5.0 out of 5 stars One very pleased Customer!!!!, April 26, 2012
This review is from: Super-Cute Felt (Paperback)
I had been introduced to this wonderful world of felties after talking to our Quality Assurance Assistance at work. We all work with special needs individuals. Not only is this a fun-fact filled book, full of ideas that target all skill levels, but the colors and the attractivness of the page displays is so inviting. The patterns are so easy to trace, directions are so simple to follow, yet the end result looks like a million bucks!! I work with challanged individuals in art therapy. We are always looking for cute ideas to make for gifts or just to pass the time. I just adore the book. My first project was that bunny you have on the cover. Is he ever adorable!!!! If this author comes out with a book that entails 3-D style 'felty's' count me in.....I'll have to have that book too!!! I do need to suggest that the wool felt works better than the acrylic type. Time for me to go craft some more!! Thank You All!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Adorable!, March 14, 2012
Amazon Customer (TAYLORVILLE, IL, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Super-Cute Felt (Paperback)
The projects in this book are just adorable. They're fairly easy to make, too & even novice crafters won't have a hard time following the instructions & enjoying the end result of their efforts. :) You can also mix & match, tweak & get tons of ideas from the projects to create your own unique felt projects. Also perfect to as little gifts.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great book with lots of fun ideas & shapes, April 23, 2012
This review is from: Super-Cute Felt (Paperback)
My favorite pattern in this book was the pear needle book. I am also planning on making the apple tart pincushion. The bird shapes & the little flower hair combs are also just sooo precious! I could easily imagine many of the shapes as appliques in a quiet book or in the corner of a baby blanket. While I wouldn't make every item as shown in the book, the photos & designs are so cute that they inspire the imagination to use them in other ways.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice book for getting into felted crafts, December 29, 2012
This review is from: Super-Cute Felt (Paperback)
I bought this book to take along with me on a trip with a stack of felt and I was not disappointed. Grab some tracing paper or tissue paper so that you can trace the templates, which you can also run through the copier and reduce or increase, depending on the size desired. The directions/instructions were easy to follow, and I found the crafts to be cute. Not all of the crafts were something I would use, but I would take one idea here and then combine it with a character there, and make my own version of the craft. LOVE the Scandinavian influence on the embroidery, and I hope my items look as cute as the author's when I get a litlte better at it. I hope she makes a book 2.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great felt project book, November 9, 2011
This review is from: Super-Cute Felt (Paperback)
Perfect title for this book as many of the project are CUTE CUTE CUTE for sure! Will reference this throughout the year for ideas and inspiration.

4.0 out of 5 stars cute ideas, February 6, 2013
This review is from: Super-Cute Felt (Paperback)
there are some really neat things in this book that i will definitely be making. it isn't my favorite of the books i've purchased, and some of the things in here i wonder who would ever use that. but i will be using the templates for sure and making some cute jewelry and hair things for my daughters.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Gift, July 15, 2013
This review is from: Super-Cute Felt (Paperback)
Everything is adorable and so easy to make. This would be a great book to give to an artsy child.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Super-Cute Felt
Super-Cute Felt by Laura Howard (Paperback - September 1, 2011)
$19.95 $13.39