Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on October 29, 2011
I found the recording to be a synergyistic mix. Very enjoyable and overall it works well with such and ecclectic group of participants. That being said, Mick Jagger's vocals go through my head like a spike. He should have just been quiet, played his guitar and let the rest sing. Man, I hate his voice here.
on January 19, 2012
I listened to the samples before buying this album and was really impressed with the variety and the overall musical vibe from the different songs. After buying it, though, I'm convinced that I should've stuck to listening to the samples. The problem is that something which seems clever and interesting for 20 seconds sometimes becomes quite borrowing when you drag it out to 3 or 4 or 5 or 6 minutes with minimal musical variation. The album has a lot of different feels to different songs, but each song winds up repetitive and dull with no worthwhile lyrics to keep the listener engaged. As a result, the overall impression from the album is just that it's dull and uninteresting. If they'd mixed the whole thing down to 10 minutes instead of 50, it would probably be fantastic.
on October 21, 2011
I am listening to this album now for the first time - it is fantastic. Lots of sounds I have heard before, but mixed anew and not over-mixed. Rare to listen to a new album and be pulled in so easily, yet have so much to discover in the sound, lyrics etc. Very excellent addition to my library. I think this is going to be the sound track of my life for the next few weeks. Somehow the sound reminds me of 'Some Girls' in ease of access and freshness - plus Mick Jagger's voice popping in and out of the songs.
on October 21, 2011
Superb collaboration. Amazing range of genres represented here, worth a listen. Also very convenient and cheap download from Amazon! A bargain at $4.
on October 28, 2011
With all the buzz around it, obviously this album generated high expectations.. But after listening to it few times, I think it is pathetic. The title song sounds like some track from Shaggy!
on September 21, 2011
Nice feel and flow for a big group,Jagger and D. Marley sound great together with Stone doing her THING. A much needed break from The chili peppers and lil Wayne or the other albums of this year.
on September 24, 2011
I am blown away!! Damian Marley, Joss Stone, Mick Jagger, David Stewart, and A. R. Rahman!! What an amazing mix! Reggae-Rock-Soul-Indian supergroup!!!