Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Drowners Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on May 14, 2012
Awkward fit and really overpriced. Terrible quality, the only thing even salvageable from it was the hat. If you really don't care that your costume sucks and looks like it was made for $0.25 in China then buy this.
on October 31, 2012
This costume comes with an inflatable belly, and for those of us who don't have a beer gut, it would be very useful when wearing the costume. The problem is that the belly is made out of such cheap plastic that it comes with holes in it, and if you try to repair them you will just get other holes that take their place.

Find another costume, this is not one worth your $$$.
on October 24, 2013
Ordered for a person 5' 7" and 200 lbs of evenly distributed weight. He has a slight belly so didn't need the extra padding. The chest and top portion were almost too big. The bottom half was like they put a large top onto a medium bottom. Too short and way too tight. Unless you have a very small waist and short thin legs don't bother. The inseam is barely 28 inches and the way the legs are cut it is VERY tight in the crotch. The photo model must be a very short pregnant man.
on October 15, 2012
I had to glue gun the suspender and "button" back on after it was tried on twice. I'm glad it was on sale, but I still feel I paid too much. My husband is 6 feet one and 250 pounds and it's snug on him, especially the crotch..(he got it to wear without the inflatable belly, my teenage son put it under his clothing for a laugh..that didn't last long it broke). The gloves did not fit him at all. The costume is the typical flimsy, light material, quickly mass produced item you would find at the party store or Walmart. Giving it 2 stars because it will serve it's purpose. I probably should have bought a pair of blue coveralls and a red sweatshirt instead of buying this. At least he could have worn them again to work. Gotta stop buying these pre packaged costumes.....most of them are over-priced junk. Going to be making our own next year.
on October 25, 2012
Now, this is probably my own fault, but I swear that the product description said that it included gloves. The photograph of the item shows gloves. It doesn't have an explicit disclaimer saying "No gloves included". And yet there are no gloves. Caveat emptor.

My other issue with this is that it's standard Rubies fare; whilst the costume itself looks about right, the materials used in its construction are somewhat flimsy and won't stand up to much abuse. I live in constant fear of the costume tearing at the seams (like some previous Rubies costumes I've bought have) or getting snagged on something and laddering it like a pair of poorly-made tights. The hat is shoddy, with the "M" off-centre, and looks cheap and nasty. The moustache isn't the right shape, looks cheap and has very short fibres on it making it look like a piece of felt attached to your upper lip. There is a fold on one of the foam buttons that I cannot remove, making it look quite odd.

About the only thing I'm satisfied with is the colour; it matches perfectly with the character's suit. It wasn't horribly expensive either, and was shipped to me within a reasonable time frame, considering my location.

All in all, if you need a Mario costume for a one-off event in a hurry, this isn't a terrible purchase. If you are looking for something a little more rugged or for longer-term use, you'd probably be best off making your own.
on October 29, 2012
Based on the pictures I did expect a one piece jumpsuit...but the back closure is several small Velcro pieces all the way up the back. So you end up with several gaps in the spots where there is no Velcro. At least use a zipper!! The material is very poor quality, cant iron out any of the wrinkles because material will burn. You can't machine wash/dry it because material looks/feels like it will tear. There was a black stain, looked like ink or something on one of the sleeves so I had to hand wash it to remove the stain. The hat was smashed and creased. Because the shape was so warped, the hat looked crooked no matter what I did to try and fix the shape. The buttons on the suspenders AREN'T EVEN REAL BUTTONS!!! They're little fabric circles!

I had low expectations for this costume and knew I wasn't going to get a Hollywood movie type costume. So, to disappoint someone that wasn't expecting much already... I would have been better off getting one of those old school costumes with a plastic mask that I used as a kid. Not worth the price. Looks and feels like it was made from scraps. Way to much work to try and make a crappy costume look somewhat decent. Lame!!
on May 27, 2013
This product comes just as described. It fit well and it came in the proper packaging. This costume is a big hit and everyone recognizes the character. It is better when paired with one of your friends being Luigi! The only downfall of this costume is that it is popular and if you are going to the bar or a Halloween party, someone else will most likely have the same costume on.
on October 30, 2011
Careful with this item size before buying. Size description is poor/non-available. Size link that provides extra information has not information for this size's label (plus). Also, it is terrible to wear with the inflated belly. The belly is all wrinkle and it won't go away after inflating to the limit, not even after 3 days. The wrinkles pinch your abdomen making it very unconfortable to wear. Even worst, the wrinkles reflect on the outside of the costume, so you won't look as real as the item pic shows. Overall, terrible costume to wear, though awesome character. As always, amazon shipping on time.
on October 27, 2010
It's great, the only downside is that it does not include the gloves, but you can find them anywhere, specially during halloween season...!! I bought this costume because I'm pregnant and wanted something diferent! It looks great...I just didn't add the inflatable belly!
on July 8, 2011
Wore this to a costume contest and won $100!!! Everyone else was some emo vampire and I was the only one not wearing black so I actually made money off of this.