Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Nothing But Thieves All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

Format: ToyChange

on May 7, 2012
The pieces are made of a sturdy plastic, not thin/breakable. The king pieces don't fit to stack but that's not so bad, you just set the checker aside. The tin it comes in is great also. Very happy with purchase.
on April 16, 2012
I purchased this for my 6 year son, who is hooked on anything and all things Mario! He loves it and can't stop playing with it!
on January 9, 2013
Good quality set. My Mario loving boys really enjoy this game and request to play it frequently. The board is nice and sturdy and the plastic pieces seem well made too. The big hats as the "king" piece are fun. I am happy with this fun cute set :)
on May 2, 2015
My kids love this game . It probably helps that we play super Mario so that they know the characters . I don't like the King hats - They only provide two king hats for each color and they don't stack over the checker . We usually just end up double stacking the checkers for Kings like in the traditional game. ( It also get slightly confusing for younger players if you use some hats and some double checkers . )

The tin storage box is very nice and will definitely hold up much better than a traditional cardboard box .

The tic-tac-toe on the back is a plus . We've played it a few times and it makes my four-year-old son happy . In fact, my four-year-old likes this game overall more than my six-year-old . But I'm always happy to play it, too.

Bottom line: good classic game , King hats disappointing . Overall, recommended if you just ignore the king hats, want a sturdy storage box and like Mario.
on January 1, 2012
My 7 yr old son loves to play checkers & tic tac toe. So the combination of both of these games is brilliant.
on April 8, 2013
Bought this item as a Christmas gift and it was a hit. They loved it! I recommend this item to everyone.
on March 10, 2014
I got these to teach my four year old grandson how to play checkers. He really got the idea quickly and since be likes these characters, he was attracted to it. It think the quality is just fine for the price, and you can conveniently tuck this in a bag when you travel; play it in the hotel room or even at the table waiting for a meal. It's a good alternative to smart phones and electronic games.
on July 29, 2015
My grandson loves the Mario Tic Tac Toe/ Checkers Combo. Being 6 it's not easy to find something that will occupy him for long. This is easy enough for him to hold his attention and have fun. He loves to win. Best part is it's still a classic for adults so your not bored playing with him. I like the Tin container and colorful pieces. Should last a good long time.
on November 7, 2015
Bought this for my son last Christmas. I like that it's in a nice tin box so it stores easily. When you "King" someone, you use Mario and Luigi hats which is fun. He doesn't play with it a lot, but that's partially because he's an only child, plus video games are always preferred. We'll probably take it camping since it's in a nice tin.
on December 27, 2012
My son is a Mario psycho, and this helped him learn checkers really fast. Two days after Xmas, I barely have to tell him how stay true to the rules. There's nothing at all special about the item, it's very literally just a Mario/Luigi checkers set. The checkers themselves could be nicer, but the hats and board are a nice touch.