5.0 out of 5 stars Super Natural Home
Published on March 28, 2009 by V. Kennedy

2.0 out of 5 stars Why Should I Believe This Author?
Published on August 22, 2009 by R. Caylor

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Natural Home, March 28, 2009
This review is from: Super Natural Home: Improve Your Health, Home, and Planet--One Room at a Time (Paperback)
This book is an excellent guide to going green. The author covers toxins in foods, bottled water, toothpaste, furniture, paint, cosmetics, and lots more. Most of us never dreamed our houses and lives were so full of toxins. The book takes you through each room of your house with information about all the things you need to watch out for and there are suggestions about how to correct the problems. The book has a huge amount of info crammed into its pages and this review doesn't begin to do it justice. I plan to use it as a reference and I know it's a book I'll keep coming back to. It should be on everyone's bookshelf.

5.0 out of 5 stars Chemicals be gone, for a better, healthier, and safer life!, April 21, 2009
Have you ever gone to the grocery store and heard someone complain about the expense of an organic food? You might run into them a few minutes later in the meat department selecting a 12-ounce T-bone steak with a price tag well over $10.00. Obviously, they aren't thinking about what they are getting for their money or they'd toss that steak back and buy the organic spinach.

Most of us have grown up making the wrong choices . . . water in plastic bottles, packaged foods with long lists of unidentifiable ingredients, and cleaning supplies strong enough to take the paint off the wall.

If you care about your health and the health of those you love, you will want to buy this book and then read it cover to cover. Inside this book is well-founded information which can help us avoid many of the toxic chemicals we can't see or taste, which are putting our health at risk for diseases and even death. If you're over 40, you probably have noticed (like I have) that you know many more people who are dying of cancer than when you were younger. There is a reason for that, my friends, and the toxic chemicals in our food and home is a definite contributor to our demise.

Beth Greer has become a well-known expert in this topic, and every page of her book tells us something we didn't already know. Would you have imagined that most of our garlic comes from China, and that it is whitened with bleach and injected with growth inhibitors to prevent sprouting? Don't look the other way . . . buy this book, get smart, and get healthy!

Lynette Fleming, Coauthor of Lunch Buddies: Buddy Up for a Better Diet

2.0 out of 5 stars Why Should I Believe This Author?, August 22, 2009
This book was very interesting to read. However I cannot endorse an author who makes assertions without citing her sources. This woman is an investigative journalist, so surely she has heard of crediting her sources. Over and over she stated information that may very well be true (i.e. "this product contains such-and-such chemical, which is linked with cancer, reproductive disorders, mutating DNA, blah, blah, blah.") Well, linked by what study, at what research institute, by what scientists? There are no footnotes that would enable me to look things up for myself. Since Beth Greer does not have a Ph.D. in Chemistry, Human Biology, or anything that would give her authority on the subject of how these horrible chemicals effect us and our families, why should I believe that she is not just making stuff up? Similarly, much of her "evidence" is anecdotal, as in "I was talking to my friend who made this change and reaped wonderful health benefits." Hardly a clinical trial.

If Ms. Greer had related the same information with footnotes documenting how she knew this, I would gladly give this book 5 stars. As an alternative I would reccommend "Easy Green Living" by Renee Loux. She uses extensive footnotes, and even though I have no intention of looking up every single one, I know that I could.

5.0 out of 5 stars Going Green -- the natural way beginning in your home, November 17, 2009
The subtitle of the book basically says it all -- improve your health, home and planet-- one room at a time. Going green and living natural seems to be a challenge to all of us, but especially for families. We want our kids and ourselves to be safe and secure. Yet we are unsure which products are just buzz in the marketplace and which products and practices really work.

Greer, who bills herself as the super natural mom is both a journalist and a holistic health advocate. Her book is divided into four sections that include a) what goes in you b) what goes on you c) what surrounds you and d) supporting information.

The foreword is written by the nationally known environmental lifestyle expert Danny So which is a nice opening to the volume.

If you want to go green and do it without lots of additional stress, this is a great book to read and follow. I personally loved the part about cosmetics and enjoyed following the author's advice as I updated my makeup and got into the pink as I went green at least in that part of my life!

Fun advice like Feng Shui tips and where to buy products is sprinkled thruoghout the book so it's easy to read in sections. Just remember you CAN get started one room at a time. Great gift to give for a wedding shower -- add some of the green products that the author recommends to a natural basket you can give to the bride and groom with pride. So politically correct!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it and putting it to action!, November 1, 2009
DWB (Bham, AL) - See all my reviews
I borrowed a copy of this book from my local library. Before I finished reading it, I cleaned my pantry, refrigerator, cubbards and medicine cabinets of 80% of the harmful chemicals mentioned in this book. I love this book because the author does not preach to you. She states the facts and provides practical ways for everyone to go green. Now that I've completed the book, it's tabbed so much that I will have to purchase my own copy. I'm also giving them as Christmas gifts to all my family and friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyday Helpful Stuff For The Everyday Person, September 13, 2009
I feel that Beth Greer has written this book for the average person, in the average person's language ... NOT the chemist who might be looking for more of a text book. This is real life 'stuff' spoken in everyday language! As a former owner of a home inspection company, I've had lots of training in environmental 'enemies' and I know the importance of knowing a little about those enemies. Most people do not want to know too much, they would just as soon hire an expert to help when needed, but Beth arms you with enough information so that you can take steps (large or small) that add up to huge benefits. Congratulations on communicating information to benefit the masses, Beth! It is much appreciated.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Natural Must Have!, July 30, 2009
James Wood "VistaClara" (California, United States) - See all my reviews
I couldn't put this book down. It is well written, well organized and contains a powerful message: how to improve your health and the health of those you love. What could be more important than that? The book is peppered with practical ideas to insure what you eat, what you put on your body and what you surround yourself with are the very best for your well-being. The suggested remedies to are clearly, concisely and interestingly presented.

You'll be surprised how fast you go through this book and how much it will change you. And you'll want to keep it around as a reference guide. A friend from Europe was reading the book at our house and insisted that she needed to take it with her as she was heading to the airport and wanted to keep reading it on the plane. We immediately ran out and bought another copy even though we had finished the book!

Pick it up now. You'll be happy you did.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent resource, May 20, 2009
Super Natural Home should be in everyone's home! It is the most comprehensive book on the bookshelves about living a life free of toxins. Since I had received my first copy, I have not had one day in my clinic that I have not recommended it to a patient and/or have looked something up in the book to recommend for a patient. I can't imagine how I lived without it. Beth Greer did a truly fantastic job researching. You know she put her all into this book. It is amazing how much you will learn in this one book about the everyday products we use or come in contact with in our lives. It is a great present for those who are suffering with chronic health disorders and those who want the best environment for their families.
Dr. Ellen Cutler

5.0 out of 5 stars This book changed my life, April 8, 2009
This book gave me a straight forward, easy to understand, method for making significant positive changes to my personal environment. Taking one simple step at a time, I learned how to rid my life of harmful chemicals, nasty toxins and unwanted pesticides. This is the information I've been searching for!

5.0 out of 5 stars An Eye Opening Guide, March 24, 2009
Karen Leland (Sausalito, Ca United States) - See all my reviews
I learned so much about the little things I can do to make a difference in my own and my families life from reading this book. The research combined with the down to earth advice was a winning combination. As a busy writer, I am constantly scanning books. This one made me stop and really think about what I use everyday and the impact it has on my health and the planet.

Super Natural Home: Improve Your Health, Home, and Planet--One Room at a Time