5.0 out of 5 stars Great home for a couple of rats!
Published on December 9, 2006 by Julia

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok cage, but not for chins!
Published on June 15, 2010 by Stephanie Weisenberger

5.0 out of 5 stars Great home for a couple of rats!, December 9, 2006
This review is from: Super Pet My First Home Deluxe Multi-Level Pet Home with Casters (Misc.)
I did quite a bit of research and shopping around for a home for my 2 rats, and I might add that I am a first time rat owner. I read books, looked on the internet, and shopped at pet stores near my home to see them in person. I highly recommend this cage for rats. It offers them plenty of space to run around and they love the levels. It is really neat looking too and encourages me to keep it clean (dailty cleaning) as I love the look and design of it. Originally I was concerned about the spacing of the bars, but my rats are only half grown and the bars are close enough that they cannot escape. As with other cages with the plastic shelves, you might find that they are urinating on the shelves which can be messy if they walk through it. I have found that if I add more bowls, toys, boxes, etc. to the shelves that they will more likely use the bottom part where the litter is. I keep a bottle of Nature's Miracle nearby for daily wiping up, another product I'd recommend as it's safe for use around pets.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice cage for a ferret with plenty of room to play!, October 1, 2010
I was skeptical about purchasing this cage after reading the reviews from the people that had bought this cage for their ferrets. After looking online for a couple of days and not being able to find a cage of this size that had the plastic shelves, ramps, slide etc close to this price I decided to give it a try. I am very glad that I did. This is a great cage for the price. The deep plastic base is geat along with the caster wheels for easy moving. Skittles my three year old female ferret loves this cage. She has so much more room to play and it is tall enough that when she lays in her hammock she can see out the window that her cages is next to. She is petite and agile and after helping her go down the ramp and spiral slide a couple of times, she now uses them with ease. The holes in the plastic shelves and the tunnel are 3 3/4" wide so you can determine if your ferret is to big to fit through them - mine has plenty of room. There are two doors on the front both of which are 10 1/5" wide by 9" high and one door on the top that measures 10 1/2" wide by 17" high. I use a a kitten litter pan that fits through the door fine but I can see where some of the other litter pan sizes would not work. I drilled a small hole on the top of the litter pan and attached a snap clip to easily secure it to the cage. With the three doors I have plenty of access to clean the shelves. I can also see where the shelves would sag if there was a heavy animal on them. To bad the manufacturer does not use wire support under the plastic shelves (I think a person could do so themselves if needed). All in all I am happy with the purchase and Amazon had the best price plus free super saver shipping.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great For Rats!!, June 12, 2007
If you are looking for a large cage for rats, this is really a great item. Our rats are able to get a lot of excersise and they love the levels. Pretty easy to clean as the shelves can be wiped down or taken out for washing quite easily. There is no slide out bottom so you have to scoop the shavings out. That's not really a bid deal though, especially if you do it often enough. I would highly recommend this for anyone keeping rats as pets.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cage review, June 13, 2008
I love this cage! I have two little chinchillas, Giggly Puff and Gaia, and they both just love hopping around on the four levels as well as the ramp, the slide, and the tube thing. I feel like a lot of the other cages at the pet store are a lot smaller and just as expensive. This cage really is a good deal. I especially like the wheels that make the cage easy to move so I can vacuum underneath it or just move it around my room. I think the only critique I could say is that it is sometimes hard to clean the flat, plastic panels because of the ridges and such. Bottom line: this is really a good cage for that price. Other animals besides chinchillas, that would do well in a cage like this would be ratties or ferrets.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rat Condo, June 27, 2011
I adopted my two rats from our schools' lab animal program. They were quite excited and a little overwhelmed at the size of their new home. Their previous home was a standard lab rat shoebox style cage. They run, jump, climb and play all night long. And they are happy. I love this rat "condo" and so do they. Assembly was easy, and I don't find anything difficult in regards to keeping it clean. I feel I made a great choice.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok cage, but not for chins!, June 15, 2010
My husband and I bought this cage as a new upgrade for our chinchilla. Overall it's a decent cage and it was easy to put together (though difficult to clean). We left out the ramps, slide, and all of the extra stuff. However, I'm now wishing that we had done a bit more searching for something without plastic platforms (we were in a rush for various reasons...no excuse I know!). Our chinchilla has very easily torn through the edges of the platforms, and obviously it isn't healthy for anything to eat plastic, especially chinchillas. It didn't matter how many chew things or how much exercise we gave her, she kept right on eating at the plastic. We just ordered some wooden platforms to replace the plastic and I'm hoping they will attach fine to this cage so that we don't have to buy a new cage completely. If not then I suppose we'll try to sell it, chewed platforms and all.

So if you're considering this for a chinchilla I highly recommend against it. You definitely want to go for something that has wood and/or metal instead of plastic. I honestly don't know what I was thinking with this purchase, other than that I wasn't!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Ferret Cage, June 29, 2012
I was not sure if this cage would be good for my young male ferret but I have had it now for over a month and everything is great! He was a little scared to use the tunnel, ramp, and slide but after about a week he became very comfortable and now uses them all the time. I definitely recommend this cage to any ferret owners.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spooky and Grievas's Home, January 18, 2010
We have two pet rats and they love this cage.There is plenty of room for them to play and explore.They are small baby rats and they don't try to escape.

5.0 out of 5 stars experianced rat owner review!!!, June 23, 2011
I love this cage!
I seen it on sale at petco my mom and I walked in last day of the sale the last cage they had was the already put together floor model and they let us buy it. So when I got home all it needed was cleaning now this cage can be hard to clean I recommened a small hand vaccum and hot water with a little bleach in it this will help! Also the bottom plastic tube I recommened you just pitch it I hated cleaning it then trying to put it back on the rats dont miss it.
The down side if you have a baby rat or small rat they will easily escape through the large bar spaceings. I have two younger males I would love to move to this cage but I got one at 1 month old and I haveto wait till he cant squeeze through the bars.
The top is perfect for putting in a hamock and the floor is big enough to put a big box in there just any cardboard box your going to throw away.
The doors close nicely so no worry of escape everything has lasted so far good cage
I would gladly buy it again from amazon when budget allows.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Starter Home For Ratties!, August 13, 2010
I like this cage so much that i bought it twice! Not because it broke, but because I donated my first one when I decided having rat companions was too hard (they don't live long enough.) Well, being ratless left a big gaping hole in my heart which was so much harder than losing them, so I got another cage and a few more ratties.

PLUS SIDE
-Easy to clean!
- You can order extra shelves (or make your own) which the LOVE.
-They love climbing up and down the sides which is good exercise.
-can't beat the price!
-If you buy this cage from Amazon & there is any problem with broken/missing parts they are SO GOOD about replacing the item with a new one (plus free shipping!), and if need be, call customer service & tell them you need them to send a new cage before you send back the defective one back so your critters have a place to live in the mean time.

MINUS SIDE
-Not good for small (still growing) rats because if they want to, they can squeeze between the bars, which have a one inch spacing. I never had this problem but I take in harder to adopt rats & i think they know a good thing when they find it!
-Needs to be retrofitted for ill/older rats because it can be hard for them maneuver from landing to landing through the hole in the shelf (when my female Little Roo developed inoperable groin tumors I was constantly worried for her so I ordered her a Critter Nation.)

This is a great RAT cage!