5.0 out of 5 stars Guinea Pig Cage
Great cage-we have 2 guinea pigs in it. Easy for my daughter to clean and reach the animals. Sturdy-perfect home for them. Food is up on the Shelf and they sleep and run around on the bottom.
Great !
Published on March 3, 2009 by Judy

2.0 out of 5 stars eh... not for rabbits...
First of all, the food bowl has no form of securing device that attaches itself to the platform. My rabbits almost always end up flipping over the bowl while they are eating; making a huge mess...

Published on March 13, 2011 by J. Park

2.0 out of 5 stars eh... not for rabbits..., March 13, 2011
J. Park (Near Philly, PA) - See all my reviews

Second, both of the platforms seem a little too fragile for regular sized rabbits. My rabbits don't use the ramps and just jump up and down from it. I can't blame my rabbits cuz that's what they are born to do~ I could already see that the latchs will snap and break after some time of use.

Lastly, the hay feeder also cannot be secured to the wires, and it just becomes their toy to bite and kick around inside the cage.. becomes pretty noisy and doesn't serve its purpose.

I'd say the overall quality of the construction, use and the size seem pretty good for other small animals. But definitely not all that great for rabbits..

Hope this helps :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Guinea Pig Cage, March 3, 2009
Judy "Judy" (Walden, New York) - See all my reviews
Great !

5.0 out of 5 stars Guinea pig heaven, December 24, 2009
H (Tilly, AR USA) - See all my reviews
I bought the extra large size for my two daughters guinea pigs. They stay in an outside cage in the summer, but this is their winter home. They love running up and down the ramps and have plenty of room to run across the floor of the cage. I didn't know if I would want the bottom part with wheels, but my daughter (age 12) loves it because she "wheels" the cage to the carport door to take it outside and wash it.

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful and safe, July 3, 2010
A Kid's Review
This item is wonderful, I love it. We have one guinea pig and she seems very happy. because she's an older guinea pig and can't really make it up the ramp, we took the upper level out to give her more room but other than that it is a perfect product. it is sturdy and safe with enough room for a medium pellet bowl,water bottle hay feeder,wood hutch and still room to scamper and play. the stand seemed a bit low so we just put the cage on a small table. in conclusion this is truly a excellent cage and I would recommend it to anyone with 1-2 cavies.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Cage!, January 27, 2011
Perfect cage for my Holland Lop (rabbit)! Went together in less than 10min. Very spaceous. Was a bit worried that the ramps were a little flimsy and slippery for her, but she doesn't even use them. She just hops up and down. she has plenty of room for her straw house, ball, and litter box, and can even stretch out. No longer worried about her having enough room during the day while we're at work and she has to be in her cage.

2.0 out of 5 stars Flimsy, Somewhat Unhealthy Habitat, February 3, 2011
We are first time owners of a guinea pig. After a good amount of research, we purchased this habitat. Like other reviewers stated, the cage is very easy to clean, which we love. It is also a great size for our new little guy. However, there are a number of drawbacks. After only two months, our ramp broke. I believe this might be due to our guinea pig nibbling on the ramp, which leads me to another problem. Guinea pigs, of course, need and love to chew on everything in their habitats. Plastic is not a material they should be ingesting. We purchase a hide-away, new ramp and bridge that were made of edible materials. He loves to chomp on all of these and the edible ramp we separately purchased is better than the one provided with this cage.

Finally, I was very disappointed that when I checked on the returns policy, after the ramp broke, that the return was no longer an option. All I really wanted was a free replacement ramp, which also wasn't an option. I ended up having to pay for a brand new ramp, but I probably won't end up using it as it is made of plastic and I think our makeshift edible ramp will be a better option for our pet.

This product is decent and we will now have to stick with, but in retrospect, we would have purchased one that was made out of wood/better made materials.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Buy!, December 16, 2011
I just got my Super Pet My First Home today. My too little pigs love it. They have plenty of room to run and play now. The pin is very well made and sturdy. I wish I had got this sooner. I also wish I had knew there is no tray to pull out to change their litter. You have to fully remove the top of the pin and then dump the bottom. Not as bad as it sounds! I took out the ramps. My little pigs refused to use them. I cut holes in the side to put there food in. They love! I bought too of the ediblelogz Natural Hide Away it's 100 percent edible and they love to eat and hide in them. I know this was their best Christmas present ever. I would buy this again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for 2 Piggies, August 12, 2011
We got this cage when we got a second guinea pig. It is plenty big for two pigs. We also have plenty of room for toys and treats in the cage.I would recommend this for anyone with multiple pigs.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great cage for price!, September 22, 2011
I must admit I was a little worried about getting this cage. After reading the reviews I had my doubts that it was going to be big enough for my mid sized rabbit. When I recieved the cage (right on time) I was very pleasently suprised! It's a decent size and comes with a hay feeder and food bowl which sits in a hole in one of the shelves.

There were a lot of reviews saying the shelves were flimsy but I don't think so at all, as I said I have a mid-sized rabbit, a slightly overweight one at that, and she loves the shelves!

The cage, while big, is not big enough to have the rabbit in all the time. My rabbit is out for most of the day to get exercise but it's perfect when we put her up at night or when we leave.

My only complaint is the cage is a little bit too narrow but it's not that bad, overall a great size and cage!

2.0 out of 5 stars Sadly this cage is too small, December 15, 2010
This cage is too narrow for full grown rabbits, even dwarf bunnies. Rabbits need room to run, bounce and stretch out. Dwarf breeds tend to need more room to run than larger breeds. Rabbits also do far better with a spayed or neutered bunny buddy. This cage is far too small for a pair. Chinchillas can be housed in this cage, but remove the hay rack, and watch for shelf chewing. You can modify the cage with a few wooden shelves like the Super Pet Leapin Ledge, and Chin Huts. This cage would be great for a baby rabbit, or as a temporary cage for a guinea pig pair.

This cage has ramps which sound great in theory, but when you factor in they take up floor space, keeping the rabbit from utilizing that space, it's not a great deal. The ramps get in the way when you are trying to catch the rabbit.

A better cage for a rabbit is a puppy exercise pen. If you do purchase this cage, please consider purchasing a puppy pen also. Take the cage off the stand, remove at least one shelf, and put the puppy pen around it. Be sure that you cover the wire door as rabbits can catch their feet in it when hopping out, resulting in broken toes or possibly a broken leg. An attached pen will give the rabbit a "home base" to sleep in at night, and a running area during the day. Cooped up pets become bored and pets make boring pets.