5.0 out of 5 stars These siphons work extremely well
These siphons work extremely well... they're easy to use and they work quite well.

Published 15 months ago by Brian

2.0 out of 5 stars Super Siphon
I was looking for a siphon hose for fuel transfer. Sucking on a hose to transfer fuels with nasty ingredients is something I would like to avoid. The Super Siphon seemed like a good idea and the price seemed reasonable.

Published on March 11, 2010 by Randle T. Bain

5.0 out of 5 stars These siphons work extremely well, July 5, 2013
Brian (Columbus, OH USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Super Siphon w/ 6' Siphon Hose 2 Pack (Automotive)

I use them to put gasoline into my other vehicles. When I accumulate enough Giant Eagle gas rewards that I can get free gasoline (up to 30 gallons), I fill up my car (~14-15 gallons) and then fill up three 5-gallon gas containers. Then when I get down near empty, I use a couple of those 5-gallon gas containers and one of these siphons to add the gas quickly and easily to my car (it sure beats holding the gas container up to fill up the tank).

Here is how I do it, more specifically:
1 - place cardboard on trunk (or roof) of car to protect paint
2 - lift 5-gallon gas container/gascan onto cardboard (keep cap on, in case you don't keep it level while lifting it up there)
3 - take off gas cap
4 - insert siphon (plastic end) into gas opening of vehicle
5 - insert other siphon end (metal end) into gas can/container
6 - shake siphon (metal end in the 5-gallon gas container) mildly to vigorously until the gas travels into the siphon and passes below the level of bottom of the gas container (this is how siphon then allows gravity to take over).
7 - as gas can gets relatively low, I tilt it towards me (so that there's a low end that gas will sit on) and I also hold the siphon to point to the side that is lower (while tilted) to pick up that gas
8 - once it sputters and finishes, I lift gas can (still has siphon in it) down to the ground
9 - then I remove the siphon from vehicle, still leaving other (metal-end) in the gas can, and I shake it a little and give it time to drop any last few drips back into the container
10 - then put everything away

These instructions may seem silly, but I had a friend for whom I bought these siphons and he was doing things strangely and spilling gas in his garage until I showed him, step-by-step, how I do it. For those of you who might need them or take advantage of them, I provided them so that you can follow them while you get used to the routine/order of things, and I am sure you're not alone.

I'm sure these siphons work pretty well for many other applications, but I only use them for siphoning gas from my gas cans into my vehicles and they work great for that purpose.

2.0 out of 5 stars Super Siphon, March 11, 2010
Randle T. Bain (Waller, Texas USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Super Siphon w/ 6' Siphon Hose 2 Pack (Automotive)

The units arrived in good order. It consists of a hose made of good quality materials and a check valve that allows one way fluid flow. I placed the hose in the tank and shook as per instructions. Sure enough the fuel began filling the hose. Way cool, this thing might actually work!

Once the hose filled to the point siphoning could begin I stopped shaking the valve. Siphoning continued for a very short time then stopped. Several attempts with both units yielded the same results.

I took the hose and put it in a clear container filled with water to see what was happening. This the check valve does a good job of filling the hose once siphoning occurs the valve has trouble staying open. When the valve restricts flow siphon action slows then ceases.

A good idea marred by poor quality valve.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, November 12, 2012
This review is from: Super Siphon w/ 6' Siphon Hose 2 Pack (Automotive)
When Sandy hit my area there were very long gas lines and it became nearly impossible to get gasoline. I ordered this from Amazon and it arrived 24 hours after I ordered it. Awesome. I can now pull the gasoline from my sports car and put it in my SUV so that we can get around the debris covered streets. It also makes it much easier to fill the car from those heavy 5 gallon jerry cans.

4.0 out of 5 stars good flow rate, November 2, 2008
This review is from: Super Siphon w/ 6' Siphon Hose 2 Pack (Automotive)
The Super Siphon takes a bit of repetitive jiggling of the ball end to get the siphon action working, but once going, the flow rate is quite good. Also, storing the hose stretched out (to avoid the curl that it has from being shipped in a coil) makes it easier to insert into containers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beats the heck out of sucking gas up a hose!, October 30, 2012
A. Jaynes (Grand Rapids MI USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Super Siphon w/ 6' Siphon Hose 2 Pack (Automotive)
This is a little tricky to use the first time. After that it's easy every time, no spills and no "sips" of gasoline to get the thing going. Perfect for a pontoon boat with a built in gas tank with a side mounted cap.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excelent performance for such a simple design, September 18, 2008
This review is from: Super Siphon w/ 6' Siphon Hose 2 Pack (Automotive)
The only reason this product doesn't have 5 stars, is the curve it has because it comes rolled in one box.
If the siphon is straight from the beggining, there would be no mess in doing the first siphoning; as the hose doesn't reach the bottom of the fuel recipients because of the curves.

5.0 out of 5 stars This thing is awesome, March 20, 2010
This review is from: Super Siphon w/ 6' Siphon Hose 2 Pack (Automotive)
Wow. This thing is great. Super easy and very effective. It's a 1/2 inch inside diameter so it's a somewhat thick hose.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Product, August 8, 2012
This review is from: Super Siphon w/ 6' Siphon Hose 2 Pack (Automotive)
I use this product for fueling my boat which remains primarily in the water where other means of external fueling is impossible. This is a must have product in my neighborhood.

It's a simplistic design, yet it works very well.

1.0 out of 5 stars got stuck in my tank!, April 6, 2009
This review is from: Super Siphon w/ 6' Siphon Hose 2 Pack (Automotive)
I purchased this item about a year ago and today when I decided to empty my gas tank because of some really really bad gas, I try to use it and the damned fitting came off and is now stuck in my tank!! What a piece of crap! Now I have to drop my tank in order to get this thing out of there.

1.0 out of 5 stars Get's stuck in auto tank, April 11, 2013
JD (Virginia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Super Siphon w/ 6' Siphon Hose 2 Pack (Automotive)
CONS: DO NOT try to siphon gas from your car tank! I tried and in one car it got stuck just below the filler neck. Then the hose pulled off leaving the brass stuck at the filler neck. Luckily I was able to pull the brass fitting out using needle nose pliers. I tried on a second car with the same horrible experience.

PROS: I also used it to siphon gas from a can INTO my car and it work great! Super fast and easy.

Seller should disclose this device is NOT to be used to siphon gas from an auto.

Super Siphon w/ 6' Siphon Hose 2 Pack