Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 31, 2007 10:25:07 AM PDT
Eyuras says:
Is anyone else getting super slow shipping from Amazon.
I preordered this game about a month before release and it has yet to leave amazons warehouse..

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 31, 2007 11:08:15 AM PDT
A. Alsaffar says:
Amazon is waaaaaay to slow in shipping this game. Im thinking of cancelling my order and getting it from my local Best Buy or something!!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 12, 2007 3:03:23 PM PDT
Jim Oshae says:
It's been 9 days since I placed an order for Windows XP o/s.
9 days, and they haven't sent it yet. This is crazy. I would rather pay 20-30 dollars more and get it a week ago. I have a brand new computer sitting and waiting for it. I am never shopping from Amazon. Never... why wait forever when you have newegg or tigerdirect?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 12, 2007 8:26:42 PM PDT
C. Warren says:
I too have been having bad luck with Amazon getting my stuff out the door quickly. I use to never have a problem but actually canceled my last order because they were so slow. Even paying for standard shipping does not seem to help.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2008 1:01:48 AM PST
C. Hernandez says:
I think they invented amazon prime for eighty dollars a year and then intentionally slowed down the process in order to siphon more out of it's customer base. If our decision here to stop shopping with amazon for that very reason is any indication, either their customer base is going way down, or the customers don't care about timely service when compared to the rest of the online shopping competitors. 1-week to get something out the door, especially if it's supposedly in their own warehouse, is ridiculous. Smells like a whole masquerade of rebranded drop-shipping to me.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 31, 2008 11:11:48 AM PDT
Nathan Moore says:
I've been having similar problems with recent amazon orders. It's not how long it takes my stuff to get here but how long it takes for them to ship it. My last order got here within 1 day after they shipped it, but it took them several days to actually ship it. My current order hasn't been shipped now for 3 days and the estimated shipping date isn't until tomorrow. I doubt that this will follow the old Amazon pattern of them notifying me that it has shipped at the instant that they print the shipping label only for it to sit on the loading dock for a full day before the shipper gets it, but this is worse.
Before I placed the order I verified that all items were in stock and then checked again after placing the order, so I know that they have it. If it wasn't for your post about it being the same for non-free shipping I'd have thought that they were sitting on free shipping orders to punish people for using it. Since I used free shipping I know it might take longer for me to get what I ordered, but Amazon needs to get it out the door.
I have always tried to order books from Amazon even when they have cost a little more than from other sites because Amazon has better product pages, but if this shipping mess keeps up I'm taking my business elsewhere.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 3, 2008 4:18:55 PM PDT
Epoxy says:
I, too, have noticed the problem. Most orders that I placed in the past months had to sit in Amazon's warehouse for at least 3 or 4 days before they were finally shipped. I have one order right now that's been waiting there for 4 days. All the books in that order were, and continue to be shown as in-stock in this whole 4-day period. Yet somehow Amazon decides to hold on to them.

I have been a loyal Amazon customer for years. And this problem only started to occur in the past couple of months. Amazon should give us some explanation.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 14, 2008 7:53:09 PM PDT
J. Linton says:
Yah, I ordered a movie 4 days before its release date. Silly me, I thought that by the time the movie was released they might have shipped it, now two weeks later, its sitting in the shipped, pool, but of course the "shipper has been notified to pick it up" which generally translates to, we arn't going to ship it for another three or four days. Frankly, I have a $50 gift certificate and after that i'm done with amazon. Maybe, it has to do with how much you order from them, a couple years ago I was amazed when I ordered something and got it the next day. Now i'm lucky to get it the same month.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2008 2:06:27 PM PDT
tvetter says:
I wonder if Amazon ever sees posts like this? I agree! Amazon used to be fast with service. Then their Prime membership started and things slooowwwed down for shipping! I kept track of all my orders at Christmas and the ones from other websites with free shipping were twice as fast as Amazon. I think they feel they are such a big company that such simple customer service as fast fulfillment of orders just doesn't matter anymore. It does. We can go somewhere else! I placed an order for toys for a birthday on the 4th of September. The party is the 14th. I "thought" I had time. Well here it is the 6th and they aren't even in the process of filling the order yet. This is crazy! I agree that this problem has started within the last year. It is sad and hopefully something they fix before we all leave!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 23, 2008 11:52:40 AM PDT
Shane says:
Yep. The shipping from amazon.com is getting to be ridiculous. I ordered an item on 9/19. Looking at the status it isn't even due to ship until 9/24. I can accept that once the item is shipped it may take some time getting here but a 5 day wait for it to leave the warehouse is not acceptable.
Last month, I ordered an item from Amazon UK that was on sale ($25 approx compare to $119 at Amazon US). With their super saver shipping it took 4 days to get from the UK warehouse to central Oregon. When I lived in the Uk, you could order something before 5 pm with free shipping and it would be at your door the next day. The service from the US store is very poor and I'll only be purchasing from here in the future as a last resort.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2008 9:53:54 AM PDT
For years I've had great experience in general with Amazon shipping my items out the next day. This is the first time I've been extremely aggravated to see that for my order of a keyboard/mouse set which is in stock at their warehouse, my order won't ship until November 3! I placed my order on October 27! So for the low low cost option of adding 20% to my total cost, I could have had it shipped out the next day and have it in my hands tomorrow. For that increase in cost, I could've just run down to the local Best Buy and picked one up. I suppose the only reason I bought through amazon was for the 3% cash back on the credit card. But there's only so much waiting I'm willing to do.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 3, 2009 11:11:11 AM PST
Sophia Rose says:
Perhaps you are correct that Amazon is intentionally slowing down the process. In any case, we deserve an explanation.
I just ordered 2 books that are in stock and they are not being shipped for 6 days. Then I will wait another 7 - 13 days for delivery, a total of 13 to 20 days from time of order till I receive books that are in stock.
There is no advantage for me to upgrade the shipping method because the merchandise will still sit at Amazon for 6 days.
Next time I want books, I'll go to Barnes and Noble.

Sophia

Posted on Feb 10, 2009 7:48:34 AM PST
Hulamom says:
I agree as well, I do TONS of buying at Amazon, I used to get my order in no time!!!! Now, by the time I would have gotten a package it hasn't even left!!!! GRRR.
Now that it has actually shipped it is still taking forever. (I live in AR, it went from Kentucky to MS and has taken days for just that!!!) You would think when you buy an expensive item, they would ship better than usps Standard. They used to be all ups, not now. Also DHL is horrible in my opinion, and I think they use that with usps.

Posted on Mar 31, 2009 2:04:56 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Mar 31, 2009 2:05:26 PM PDT]

Posted on Apr 14, 2009 2:36:27 PM PDT
I submitted an order on April 1st. They finally shipped 2 items of 3 on April 9th and the last item doesn't even have an estimated shipping date. I checked to make sure they were all in stock when i placed the order. What is going on? I have never had any issues with amazon before.

Posted on May 7, 2009 6:08:04 AM PDT
I submitted a $200 order on 5/4/09 and the estimated shipping date (when it leaves their facility) is 5/11/09. I emailed their customer service and they confirmed their letting it sit around for a solid week because I chose free shipping. Slow shipping is one thing but punishing your customers by holding an order is another.

Posted on May 8, 2009 3:59:12 PM PDT
S. NGUYEN says:
I ordered a book on Tuesday and they said it wouldn't be here until next Tuesday. How long does it take to ship something from the next state over? I could understand maybe shipping from the west coast to east coast. Sigh... never ordering from Amazon again.

Posted on Jun 9, 2009 10:41:59 AM PDT
W. Hardman says:
What kind of company am I dealing with? I just placed an order overnight. I saw this thread this afternoon and sure enough, Amazon's screen is telling me *two weeks* until my $80 of books go out the door.

If this is true, this company is insane. This must be their way of basically telling me they don't want my business. Two weeks to ship some books, all of which are listed as in stock... It isn't just that they don't want my order, they apparently hate me, too.

When I have time this evening I'll just cancel the order and re-order from a competitor. I've learned my lesson about dealing with this underhanded company.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2009 2:21:37 PM PDT
I see now why my order is STILL not here. It's the FREE shipping. Not worth it, I would rather pay for shippment and get my order in a reasonable time. This is ridculous!

Posted on Jul 8, 2009 9:06:26 AM PDT
NonyaBeesWax says:
I am having the same problem with shipping from Amazon. It's not how long it takes it to get here but how long it takes for them to ship it. I placed my $400+ order a week ago and they still heven't shipped it yet. All items were in stock at the time I placed my order. Perhaps they should rename "Super Saver Shipping" to "Super SLOW Shipping".

Posted on Jul 16, 2009 7:15:40 AM PDT
laura nisbet says:
I completely agree that amazon Super Slow shipping has ground to an insulting pace in the last 6 months. I find myself shopping at Best Buy and Walmart for any item that i need w/in a month. MAYBE Amazon is working with these companies now, instead of against? As i see it those stores are the only beneficiaries of A-zon's new, Senselessly Slow shipping.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2009 7:49:55 AM PDT
tvetter says:
The funny part is that they blame me for choosing "free shipping" but I use that option with every internet company I shop with and only Amazon takes this long! Free shipping with Nordstrom got it here in 2 days. Target shipping in 24 hours. At Christmas I only use free shipping and I kept track this past year. All were less then a week by far... amazon was over 10 days or got it AFTER Christmas!!! It is crazy!

Posted on Jul 18, 2009 3:21:59 PM PDT
Ricky says:
Two weeks to receive an amazon product. I wish they would tell me sooner, so I'd pay a few bucks to have it within 2-3 days. This is ridiculous service.

Posted on Jul 23, 2009 1:10:41 PM PDT
J. KANDA says:
Saving a little bit on free shipping and taxes are basically the only reasons I shop Amazon. The slow shipping + transit time is definitely getting to the point where buying local is worthwhile. I agree with other users, it seems to be a more recent problem. I've had better recent luck with buy.com.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 23, 2009 1:38:13 PM PDT
laura nisbet says:
The bad news is I heard on NPR that amazon is buying/just bought Zappos.com so I guess we can start shopping for shoes somewhere else, too. That's the end of Zappos lightning fast shipment for sure..
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 41 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  601
Total posts:  1013
Initial post:  Mar 31, 2007
Latest post:  12 hours ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 51 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars - PC
Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars - PC by Electronic Arts (Windows Vista / XP)
3.9 out of 5 stars   (114)