Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition - PC
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Platform: PC|Change

on July 14, 2011
If you have this game on console, and enjoy it, you owe it to yourself to get it on PC. IF your pc can handle it(its not high specs at all) I have an older ATI 4850 card and it is just beautiful on 1080P resolution with or without AA enabled. Not to mention loads of awesome user made custom screens/costumes and the best online play(least lag) of any platform. PC is THE #1 Steet Fighter experience and...oh yea the game is hella fun too! Its a K.O.
44 comments|21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 1, 2011
SSFIVAE PC is excellent for those who game on their laptop on the go. I personally play on Xbox 360, but when I'm out, I game on my pc, and in fact I like it more on my pc. The graphics appear richer, and the video comes out cleaner. Plus the added support for the pc version makes it excellent. If you're a huge street fighter fan, and have a decently good laptop, get this!
on August 10, 2012
SSF4:AE2012 Edition is the most balanced of all the games in the SF4 series. At Evo 2012, 15 of the top 16 players used unique characters (only Cammy appeared twice). Don't think that it's too late to get into this game; AE 2012 will be staying a tournament game staple, as this game is still in its stages of growth. As for the PC version of SSF4:AE 2012, it is a good enough port, with natural controller support, meaning you can plug in an Xbox 360 controller or fight stick at anytime and the game will automatically recognize it. The game also does a good job at automatically setting the graphical settings, but I wish there was a way to change options or volume controls in the middle of matches, but that isn't really a big deal. It has an editable config.ini file, and even has a nice amount of unofficial community mods like skins and music swaps. Unfortunately, since a large majority of the playerbase lies on the consoles, not that many people play on the PC version, and if this is your first fighting game, you're going to have a tough time with the matchmaking as it will match you up with players who have been playing the game for a while (if you've been playing AE before, then the skill game isn't much of a problem). Luckily, you can find many people to help you learn the game on places like Shoryuken. The game, however, uses Games for Windows Live, which isn't really a problem...once you get it working that is. The game comes with an outdated version of GFWLM or something and it's an INCREDIBLE pain to get the game itself setup since it REQUIRES GWFL. But once you get past that inconvenient hurdle, you'll easily find yourself enjoying the company of SSF4:AE 2012.
on February 28, 2012
Don't have a PS3? Don't own an XBOX 360? Only have a PC? No problem! This game runs very well on older processors (at least a Core 2 Duo!), it works well on my quad core 2 duo PC. You should find a fight stick though, it is no fun using an analog controller. The game is smooth and you can adjust the graphics to suit your system's performance. You constantly unlock items, and it is fun to play for 5 minutes or hours at a time (if you can play that long). Highly recommended to pair this up with a fight stick!
on January 2, 2012
It seems no one mentioned this games DRM. The game itself, is a fantastic fighter. Since DRM is very important when making a purchase for many shoppers aware of it, it's worth mentioning what kind of DRM is on this game.

FIrst, a little history. Street Fighter 4(the original) came out with Windows Live. You had to have a constant internet connection in order to play that game to it's fullest. You could still play the original Street Fighter 4 offline, but you couldn't play your saved games and it wouldn't save your progress, you were also limited to only half of the fighters, because you had to unlock them all in the original. If you didn't always log into Windows Live everytime you started the game, you weren't able to access the other fighters you unlocked. What the original Street Fighter 4 had, was a DRM where you needed a constant internet connection to play.

Did they change the DRM in Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition? Yes, and no.

DRM in the Arcade Edition is still Windows Live. You need a Windows Live account and you will always have to be logged into Windows Live, thus you always have to be connected to the internet, to play Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition to it's fullest. They have now all the characters unlocked, so if you want to play offline, you can do so with all the characters, however you must download a patch through Windows Live first before all the characters become unlocked. Saving still only occurs if you are logged into Windows Live and only if you are connected to the internet. If you don't have an always online connection, you won't be able to play your saved games, nor will you be able to save your progress, just like how it was in the original Street Fighter 4.

Great game, but horrible, horrible DRM system is in place.
55 comments|51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 8, 2011
I have to say this game looks simply beautiful. The overall graphic design, characters, backgrounds, music is all amazing. The Capcom team should be especially proud of the first cutscence of the game. Normally I don't pay any attention to the opening video but this was a piece of art. I'm just blown away by the level of detail in this game. I'm running with a Radeon HD6870 card and it just shines.

I haven't played this series for a while so for me it's a great way to catch up. It's nice to see some of the old moves still haven't changed. For me, I like the fact that you can pick-up games online. There is also a training mode to help you work on all the moves and combos. After playing for a few hours, I think this game is as addictive as it was years ago (maybe more so).

Installing on Win 7 - 64 bit did take quite a bit of work. I can't fault Capcom for this as I think it's more of a Windows issue. On install, I received several corrupt file errors. I'm really not sure how it installed - it's a new PC so perhaps my Windows version needed to get brought up-to-date. (just something to look out for).

If you're a fan of the series or just need to relive some of your favorite characters, I highly recommend it.
on January 27, 2014
I used this for about 3 weeks, then all of a sudden it wont launch it keeps crashing. I tried downloading the most recent version of GFWL and it doesnt show up in there either, and the games still fails to launch. I am unsure how to fix.
on February 13, 2014
It was on sale, and I needed something to satisfy my retro-gaming craving. This was the solution. I also bought a Qanba Q1 (PS3/PC) fight stick with the game and everything is great. Now I am a junkie on this game. It is great to get away from first person shooters once in a while and kick some butt. The DRM is not too bad, as I already play Dirt2 and Dirt3. The update from Live went okay too. I don't need the disc in the drawer to launch the game either.

My Rig (overkill for this game):
3D Mark 2006: 31,473
WEI: Proc 7.7, Mem 7.8, Graphics 7.9, Gaming 7.9, Disk 7.9
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 23, 2015
Note to people who bought this game through Amazon and the Games For Windows Live version: You can take the code from Amazon and redeem it on Amazon. It will show as Ultra SFIV but you still need to buy the upgrade for $14.99.

I like how this game isn't very demanding on computer hardware but it is best if you have a discrete GPU in this case. A decent GPU and CPU will ensure that this game runs smoothly with a high framerate count. I would believe that the XBox 360 gamepad isn't the greatest gamepad for fighting games and I will be more than happy to buy the XB1 controller for the PC.
on December 4, 2013
This game of Streetfighter 4 arcade edition is well worth the money but you should know that when you buy this download for your PC, it requires you to log in on your Xbox account or Hotmail account since it's all Microsoft anyway. I believe this is done for the purpose of a DRM or for anyone not to steal or borrow the download to anyone else. Which in turn is a huge pain in the ass! Every time you play the game on your PC you have to log in and download the "update" and that can take a few minutes depending on your internet speed. If your good with the inconvenience then purchase the game. In my opinion they really need to specify that this is a Xbox download not just a PC download.