Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Super Swing Golf - Nintendo Wii” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 83% off the $49.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
Super Swing Golf - Nintendo Wii
|Price:||$24.99 + $3.99 shipping|
|You Save:||$25.00 (50%)|
- The Super Swing - Swing the Wii controller like a golf club to set the striking power and the direction of the ball
- Unique Fantasy World - Play rounds on colorful courses and customize the look of the golfers
- Unlockable Incentives - New equipment, characters, and courses become available through successful play
- Multiplayer Modes - Play in multiplayer tournaments -- up to four players -- or play multiplayer mini-games
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Top Customer Reviews
In this Wii variation, there is a little bit of plot, but it really doesn't matter. You're on the fictional island of Pangya and there are evil forces at work. Really, this game is just about choosing a character, choosing a caddy,and playing golf.
There are a variety of courses to play on - you start with a few options, and more become available as you go. There are cool variations - snowy courses with icy lakes, desert courses where you hit through pyramid areas, rainy courses, cloudy courses, fairy tale courses. You can play tournament style and match play. There is a training mode to help you get started.
As you play well, you earn Pangya Points, which you then spend in the store. You can buy yourself new outfits, clubs, items and more. Each gives you some sort of benefit - more strength, higher accuracy, and so on. Some are special one-time-use items that let you calm down the wind, see visually how your putt will work, and other neat features.
The graphics are reasonably nice - it's obviously cartooney, but you see what you need to in order to play. The greens are shown with a grid full of dots, with the dots representing the slope of each specific grid. It works, although it's not as helpful as other golf games in determining slope. The camera views - showing overhead and target views of your shots - are OK, but again, other games provide much more complete fly-overs and detailed layouts of the hole you're playing.Read more ›
1. The swing system is a little jarring and having to stop in your backswing to determine your strength gets old. Also the viewing of different angles and views takes way to long which in a short game is not bad but if you are playing for a while it really adds up.
2. The limitation of character selection until unlocked is annoying for a casual user (like myself) but the ability to buy outfits/new skills is cool.
3. The swing sensors are accurate though and being a golfer it is frustrating when you get lazy and by accident hook a shot (just like in the real sport). I have found however that for chipping and putting using just one arm is more accurate. For friends who don't play golf, the button controls work fine (and are necessary because the game is not too forgiving) but kind of negate the reason this game is fun.
4. The courses are pretty but they get more and more gimmicky the more you unlock them i.e. you have to hit ontop of a battle ship to get to the green or go through a tunnel to get extra pangya. I don't really like this feature because it is not natural (I get that that is the point) and it takes several playings of a course to figure it out (this would only bother a real golfer)
5. As some one mentioned before, the wind guage is pretty cool and just like in real life can be very deceiving. Other cool features are the shot selections (power hook/fade etc.Read more ›
If you felt Warrioware was the perfect difficulty and Raymon's story mode was just the right length, this game isn't for you. If, however, you are looking for a challenging game that will keep you buisy for months, with great multi player value, this game is worth a try.
Ok so everyone complains about the inconsistancy of the swing. Well, GOLF IS HARD, so I simply call it realistic.(I can't wait until everyone trades in the new tiger woods because of its "difficulty" so I can pick it up cheep ;] ) After a lot of practice I can get a Paynga (perfect) shot about 95% of the time. Also the computer is usually pretty hard the first time or two you play them but if you have a little bit of patients they end up messing up pretty bad and are beatable.
If the swing just frustrates you too much, there is also a button mode option where you can unlock all the players and levels motion free, then return to swing mode for multi player.
And about not being able to skip the computers shots, again its all about patience. I perticualy like it becaue I can get a drink, browse the internet(I am writing this as I play) or better yet study how the computer does so well while you play.
This game is LONG! It is the only game that I have put 40 hours into(there is a game counter) and I still have less than 50% complete! I have tons more work to do and many more hours of enjoyment to get out of this game.
If you don't have ADD and decide to get this game I suggest going to gamespot dot com and checking out the FAQ, lots of good hints. Also before you ever buy a game check out the forums to see the discussion and see how many addicts there are, this game has lots!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I love this game! Sure it isn't realistic, but it's goofy and fun. Got exactly what I expected based on the cover art. Will play this for hours more. Thanks.Published 17 months ago by Neal Smith
A lot like Hot Shots Golf for the PS1! At first the swing control was hard but figured it out. Good game, Uncle Bob makes me mad.Published on June 24, 2013 by Punchout
Not even close to playing golf! I was hoping for a few new courses, not a frustrating point and shoot game. It was a total waste of money. Read morePublished on March 28, 2013 by Gina J Harris
Was looking for a golf game, got a horrible excuse for a golf game. Not for an adult who wants a golf experience. Childish, cartoon, not worth the money. Read morePublished on March 22, 2013 by OJ
Unfortunately, we can only activate one controller and one avitar. Program will not reset. Money wasted. We like the sports version so much we decided to try something different. Read morePublished on August 9, 2012 by cutechef
I guess it should have been obvious that this was a kids game, but for some reason I missed it. But as soon as you open the instruction booklet - "The island of Pangya has been... Read morePublished on April 15, 2012 by Dennis Reda
were hoping for play on real golf courses with good graphics like the old super nintendo golf games have. Read morePublished on January 14, 2012 by Janice C. Clements