Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jessy Lanza Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation

VINE VOICEon May 6, 2007
On the positive side, the single exercise featured here is beautifully presented with colorful and detailed drawings. The exercise is clearly described in the text section. I have used it and found it very energizing.

Unfortunately, the rest of the text is an elementary review of the chakras and testimonials. It reads in large part like a term paper. In the testimonial section reference is made to Super Brain yoga exercises. I would have liked to see those other routines.

If you are expecting an in depth, detailed routine, you will be disappointed. If you would like to try a simple but effective exercise and find testimonials inspiring, this book is for you.
77 comments|154 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 9, 2008
I read about the exercise and book in AARP and having done yoga on and off since the early 70's, I was curious. I read the reviews that were posted too and decided to see for myself. I paid the price, got the book, read the book and did the exercise. The immediate effect was a dramatic increase in my mental acuity and concentration which continued throughout the day. Per the book's suggestion, I'm doing it daily 7 times in the morning and 7 times at night; takes less than a minute. I have to say that my mental functioning continues to feel dramatically improved and that's worth a heck of a lot more than $25 to me. A single exercise with this degree of efficacy and power deserves to be presented in a beautiful package. I recommend the book because it has more information than the AARP blurb. It provides a support that will aide you in incorporating it into your ongoing daily routine.
11 comment|99 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 10, 2009
What a disappointment this book was! It's a mere 115 pages, and you will not find a series of exercises for the brain. You will read about one and ONLY ONE exercise. Outlining this exercise consumes all of about 2 pages. The other 113 pages are total fluff - mostly random studies and the results of those studies, plus letters from friends and others proclaiming how the author has helped them or their child. Sorry, but for [...] I expected much more substance. This book could have been reduced to a one page flyer, and sold for a dollar or less. Please don't waste your money, and don't be fooled. You're paying [...] to read about an exercise you can see on U-Tube for free via a story some local news channel did on Superbrain Yoga.
77 comments|113 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 3, 2007
I have heard about this book through my pranic masters, and I said I must order this special book - hmm, it was a really good idea!! The book describes the brain yoga practice in details, making stress on the most important parts so that you can do it without error. I also liked very much the full but yet not boring/long description about the chakras, their roles, what kind of principles are attributed to them. Also, I would highlight the precise research study described at the end of the book, which was conducted with students, and the results are awesome.

I am so happy that we got a good yoga exercise with the help of which we can help children with ADHD or logic problems for example, without forcing them to take drugs.

So I warmly recommend to buy the book if u want to improve your or your children's brain function in a funny and easy way;)
on June 27, 2007
Master Choa is known for his ability to simplify highly complex and esoteric subjects. Superbrain yoga is a masterpiece of a technique. It transmutes sexual energy from the lower chakras and brings it up to the brain and nervous system. In English, this means that it highly energizes the brain and nervous system. This can help folks (particularly children and adolescents) become smarter, calmer, and more focused. It can help develop a stronger, healthier, more coordinated body. In my own son, it caused an unbelievably dramatic change in his athletic ability. In a certain sport in our local recreational league, he went from being the lowest draft pick one year to being near the top in the next year. Coaches on the opposing team were cheering him on, their jaws dropping open from seeing the transformation. He is now playing at a competitive AAU level. He has also noticed a marked improvement in clarity and focus as applied to his studies.

If you are looking for an easy yogic practice to increase overall energy level or libido, check out the 2 powerful energy-generating exercises found in "Your Hands Can Heal You" by Stephen Co and Eric Robins, MD.
VINE VOICEon March 30, 2008
Superbrain Yoga is a very simple exercise with purported powerful results that help people to become more alert, focused, and able to learn and remember.

This is a readable and short 4 chapter double spaced book with 14 pages dedicated to pictures. The meat of the book is contained in one paragraph. The remainder of the book is filler containing mostly testimonials and descriptions of major energy centers. I read it while watching the first half of a NCAA basketball game today.

I am 58 and not in the greatest of physical shape; however, I was able to perform the exercise in a matter of a few minutes without difficulty. I like to keep an open mind while reading being careful not to make judgments until I have had time to digest the material.

This book is way too many pages for its short message contained in 13 sentences on page 50. The only way I could justify paying the price for it is if Superbrain Yoga actually works. Supporting documents contained in the testimonials and some reviewers indicate it does. You might want to see for yourself.
on January 13, 2016
I saw a link on FB and became curious. The youtube information gives as much or more information than the book does. Then only difference was the book's Hindu Origin instructions to face east if you're young or west if you're old!
on March 21, 2008
Although the promise was great, the text covered a relatively small range of material with a huge amount of verbiage. The focus was on a single technique. So I was disappointed in that I would have liked more for the $ I spent on the book. I got the technique itself from the AARP magazine and hoped the book would give me more.
on December 13, 2012
I have been practicing this for the last 6 months. I'm in medical school and started with pretty severe ADHD. My doctor is shocked that I'm the only medical student he has ever seen to reverse his ADHD! Thank you Master Choa Kok Sui for all your many blessings!
on December 9, 2009
This book shows a very powerful technique to direct internal energy to the brain to energize it so it can maintain and enhance cognitive functioning.

Many scientific tests, as well as my own personal experimentation has proved that.

My only discrepancy is with the price. The technique is very simple that ANYONE can learn in about 10-20 minutes, and it takes about 1-3 minutes at most to perform the yoga, which is great.

All together, the price was pretty steep for just this simple technique. While the quality of the book for a softcover is fantastic, they could have cut back on the presentation and saved the buyer money.

Over all this is a great technique that any one who wants to enhance or maintain proper brain functioning can EASILY utilize, but the book was over price in my opinion, as are many of the teachings from Pranic Healing. They offer free healing clinics which is WONDERFUL! But the cost to learn arhatic yoga or pranic healing is quite expensive.