5.0 out of 5 stars As advertised

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not live up to its name
Published 14 months ago by Josh

5.0 out of 5 stars As advertised, November 1, 2009
Tetra Pro 2002 (Greenville, DE USA) - See all my reviews
The Superfeet website doesn't do a great job in explaining the different models (colors). I picked the black inserts b/c they are described as being made for dress shoes. I later spoke to a Superfeet product rep at a marathon expo who explained that the differences relate primarily to the height of the various models with black being the flatest (event with an arch) so that they fit best in a dress shoe. The orange, green and blue models raise the heel and arch higher off the sole the shoe that you are using so are better for running shoes and boots that allow for this through lacing. Anyway, the black model works well so far in replacing the older grey model that was wearing. My plantar fasciitis is definitely better since I started using these.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect feet!, March 15, 2012
Daniel W. Fink (Huntington Beach, ca. USA) - See all my reviews
I'm a machinist and about 335 in weight. No lower back pain after nearly 6 weeks
of wearing them in my steel toed shoes for up to 8 hours a day. Wish I found them 20
years ago!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good insole for dress shoes, February 13, 2014
An ex-football player past his prime (6'3", 360 lbs, size 13D, medium arch), I was recently diagnosed with plantar fasciitis. My orthopedist recommended daily stretching exercises and Orthoheel slippers to wear indoors (no more walking around in socks). What a difference! The slippers and exercises lessened my symptoms from the start and, over time, eliminated most of my discomfort, so I decided to find some orthotic inserts to improve my street shoes.

So far, I've tested:
1. Dr. Scholl's Massaging Gel Extra Support
2. Aetrex Copper Medium Arch
3. Spenco Polysorb Total Support
4. Superfeet Orange, Copper, Black
5. Powerstep Pinnacle
6. Powerstep Pinnacle Pro

each for two hours' total walking time over a few days in two pairs of my favorite shoes: New Balance 606 hikers and Cole Haan loafers with Nike Air.

Dr. Scholl's Massaging Gel Extra Support: Advertised for big & tall men, they didn't do much for me. While the extra cushioning helped at first, it helped less and less the longer I walked on them. I mentioned this to my orthopod and he told me the key to managing PF is not cushioning, it's support. Grade: D

Spenco Polysorb Total Support: Remembering my doc's advice, I chose these for the rigid heel cup and arch support. Though quite comfortable overall, the arch support was a bit too low for my medium-high arches and the heel cup was insufficient support for weight. While they worked reasonably well for me, I believe they would a be better choice for lighter individuals with lower arches. Grade: B

Aetrex Copper Medium Arch: Promising better arch support, these felt very similar to the Spenco insoles even after walking around the block. I then swapped one of the Aetrex insoles for one of the Spenco insoles and walked around again. Only then could I tell them apart. The Spenco offered a little better support for the mid- and fore-parts of my foot, the Aetrex offered a little better support for my arch. Grade: B

Superfeet: I was in an Allen Edmonds store and noticed the Superfeet insoles. The clerk said many men my size have good success with them. I tried the Orange and the Copper DMP versions in the store. Finding the Orange too high for my arches, I got a pair of the Copper DMP. These are easily the most rigid of the insoles I've tried...and easily the best. Superfeet arch support sits farther back on the insole than other brands. This made a real difference in the support and comfort I felt walking long distances. I also found the medial post support in the heel did a better job than other insoles in combatting over-pronation. Neither the Orange nor the Copper are thin enough to work inside my Allen Edmonds dress shoes, so I tried a pair of the Black. They work very well though obviously cannot provide the same level of support I get from the Orange. Grade: A

Powerstep Pinnacle: While it seems well-made and offered good support, it simply did not work for me. The gel-based arch support sits too far forward and in the middle of the insole. The insoles felt like I had lumps of clay underfoot. After a few blocks of brisk walking, my feet began to fatigue as if I were walking barefoot in sand. Again, these may work for some people but they didn't for me. Grade: C

Powerstep Pinnacle Pro: Other wearers commented that the Pinnacle Pro differs markedly from the Pinnacle, so I tried a pair. I barely made it a block before heading back home. Though more rigid than the Pinnacle and with a better heel cup, the Pinnacle Pro was too inflexible through the arch and ball of my foot. These were the only insoles I tried that truly caused me pain. Of course, it could just be the contours of my feet, and for others the Pinnacle Pro might be great. Grade: F

5.0 out of 5 stars Where have you been all my life?!, June 5, 2012
This review is from: Superfeet Black Premium Insoles (Health and Beauty)
Ok so I have flat feet and I was in pain day in and day out. No matter what I did or what I tried I was always in pain. I hated the pain I would get just from standing on my feet for more than 10-15 minutes. I would be in so much pain that I it was hard for me to concentrate in the class room, paying full attention to customers, or even keeping counts of how many reps I had done in the gym. I looked into surgery but it was going to cost more than 50-60K and I would not be able to be walk, workout, or even stand on my feet for a long period of time. The recovery time for the surgery...a year to a year and half. So I looked into insoles. I have probably tried every single insole at Finish Line and Walmart and non of them did much. I mean walking on a gel pad was better but it wouldn't fit in every shoe (especially dress shoes) and really didn't get rid of the pain in my feet or the shooting pain through out my leg.

After doing days after days of searching online on superfeet insoles I decided to give them a try, and I am glad that I did! 1)They feel amazing! No more pain in my feet, no more shooting pain throughout my legs, and no more swollen feet...nothing! All of my issues were gone. 2) Because they are so thin they fit in every shoe...including dress shoes. Actually dress shoes feel so comfortable now that I purchased couple more of them. 3) Same price, or very close to, as other insoles. At Finish Line their insoles are $30 without tax...this was $35 but their was no tax or shipping. 4)They have one for every purpose. From running, to walking, to being in cold weather. They have an insole for anything you could imagine! Which I believe is great because just like they are different shoes for different purposes they should be different insoles to go with them.

I have to say that this is a most try for everybody! $35 could either get a good steak, more after tipping and everything else, or could get you a pair of insoles that will let you enjoy your life to the fullest!

5.0 out of 5 stars Jury's still out, but so far so good, June 7, 2011
I've owned this less than a month, so the results can't be completely definitive yet. However...

As a retail salesman in a brick+mortar store, I'm on my feet all day. I'm supposed to wear dress shoes, but I get away with black/white skate shoes (much more comfortable, much more support) as long as middle management isn't paying the store a visit. My feet ache towards the end of the day, but weren't absolutely killing me like if I was wearing dress shoes with zero support. My shoes are about 2 years old and in good repair, but the soles were worn down practically paper-thin. I figured it would be a more cost-efficient investment to buy decent aftermarket soles instead of new shoes. The only aftermarket in-soles I was familiar with are Dr.Scholls because of their advertising campaign and mixed reviews, and custom (good but expensive) ones through Goodfeet because my family has done online marketing for them in the past. About 30 seconds of research on Amazon pointed me to Superfeet.

My feet aren't completely flat, but have a low arch. I read multiple reviews saying Superfeet's sizing/naming system is goofy and not to be trusted, and to either go into a store and get fitted there, or if you're guessing then guess 1 arch size smaller than you normally would. I went with the second approach, and so it looks as though I've guessed right. The black ones aren't really flat like they say, they just have a very low arch. This is 'sort of' visible from the pictures on Amazon, but is much more apparent looking at them in person, and wearing them.

These are firmer/stiffer than I expected. The surface fabric is smooth and has a fabric-like consistency, underneath is a foam layer, and underneath that at the heel of the foot is a hard shell-like plastic. It looks/feels generally durable. Superfeet says there's a break-in period, which I found to be correct. For the first 3 days, I only wore these for 3-5 hours at a time instead of all day, and also took them out before going to the gym. After that initial period, they now feel natural/normal. Supposedly this period can last up to 2 weeks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for everyday shoes, April 19, 2009
I own superfeet blue, orange and green as well. I found the blue and black are better suited for everyday shoes. For sports activities, I prefer orange or green.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best things you can do for your feet, particularly if you're flat-footed., May 28, 2013
I got introduced to superfeet inserts a couple of years ago at a Sport Chalet and I make the investment into these replacement inserts everytime I get new shoes. These guys are nothing short of amazing. If you're on your feet all day (like me), do a lot of sports (ditto), or even doing a lot of chores around the house (see a pattern here?), you'll appreciate the extra support these guys offer over your stock insoles.

So what makes the black ones different from the other colors? In a phrase, they're designed for low profile shoes or people with very low arches (read: flat footed). When I first started using Superfeet I started using the Orange and the Green ones because they provide the maximum support that Superfeet offers. Unfortunately they proved to be too painful to use regularly as they also have the highest arches as well. These guys on the other hand are much lower without compromising too mcuh on the support area and perfect if you have very flat feet. I'm a big heavy guy (6'2" 325lbs) who has to stand all day at work, so having these guys in my work shoes has made a marked improvement in my posture and reduction in back/foot pain.

About the only detraction I can say about these guys is the price. Even with amazon's great prices you're still looking at around 30-35 bucks per set and more than 50 bucks in retail stores, which can add a hefty price tag to your final bill when you're upgrading both your work and personal shoes at the same time. Still, they're a lot cheaper than custom orthotics so the net result is still great. It's still a great investment for your feet and overall comfort, particularly if you're on your feet for most of the day.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Orthodics, April 8, 2011
jonny I. "designcentric" (Atlanta, GA United States) - See all my reviews
I bought a pair of Nike's that didn't have enough support for me. I had previously used the green ones in my Sauconies, but the green ones did not offer enough support. The black ones are great for flat feet like mine, and am also an overpronater, but this gives me the support I need. Highly recommended. Could be a little cheaper, but worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another excellent Superfeet product, January 23, 2012
This review is from: Superfeet Black Premium Insoles (Health and Beauty)
I went with one size bigger which was easy to trim in the toe area so the arch support was in the right place. That may work for you or not depending on your arch placement relative to length of foot. For me the green is all around at keeping my feet comfy. Orange has a little more cushion that green. Black has a little less cushion making it better for dress shoes or boots. I had a pair of Tony Lama cowboy boots that came with thin insoles that were never that comfortable. Now with superfeet black they are that comfortable. For another pair of vintage Nocona cowboy boots I went with the Superfeet 3/4. This was because those boots never had an insole and space was at a premium in terms of volume. The Nocona boots being vintage badly needed heel help. I peeled out the heel leather cover and replaced it with super feet 3/4. Huge improvement. Now own Green, Orange, Black and 3/4 superfeet and my feet could not be happier. Many years ago my feet were in daily agony before I discovered superfeet.

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not live up to its name, December 9, 2013
After doing what I thought was enough research, I purchased the Superfeet Black insoles to place into my Bostonian Cap-toe Bluchers that I wear daily for work. I had purchased insoles previously at the sporting goods store, but they had a tall profile and, while comfortable for the bottom of my feet, pushed the top of my feet into the top of the shoe. The low profile of the Superfeet Black was supposed to eliminate this problem, and it did; however, they did not actually cushion the foot at all. The heel support felt like standing on a 2"x 4"; it was hard and unyeilding. I used the supports for two weeks in hopes that they would "break-in" but they did not, and I have since returned them. Be aware that these are VERY firm, and use discretion in purchasing them.

Superfeet Black Premium Insoles