1,729 Reviews
 (1,199)

5.0 out of 5 stars PERFECT for high arched feet! NOT LOW ARCH
OK, this will get pretty technical, so bare with me. Just so y'all know my background here, I used to work for a podiatrist as well as for one of the world's largest running stores.

The way the Green Superfeet works is by providing support for someone with a HIGH arch. During the run, a high arch collapses and the green superfeet will actually help hold up the...
Published on December 29, 2010 by Laura Maturo

1.0 out of 5 stars These caused me further pain
I bought these Superfeet Green insoles to help with my foot pain. I work on my feet, walking on a concrete floor all day and my feet, knees and back hurt from standing at the end of every day. I bought these hoping that they would help with the pain, I wasn't looking for a miracle, just a bit of lessening of the pain. Instead of lessening the pain these insoles made it...
Published 21 months ago by CW

2.0 out of 5 stars EDITED REVIEW, August 2, 2014
EDIT:
After several weeks of wearing these supports a few things came to mind. First, my heels were hurting like mad and second, even though this was supposed to be for high arches, it didn't really work well for MY high arches. I have since returned to the Dr. Scholl's Massaging Gel Sport Insoles with better results for my heels, arches and even my knees.

These inserts my well work for some. I seem to be one of those for whom "working well" was fleeting.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

(Original review) I work standing up most of the day on sealed concrete. In addition to having high arches, which is why I was steered to the green insoles, I have a bad knee thanks to my years in the military.

I went to a mortar and brick store that carries these along with hiking, biking, climbing, camping and backpacking equipment. I spoke with a woman in the shoe department about my situation. She checked my feet and directed me to the Greens due to my arches. She also recommended I get a size larger than what I would have fit within (8 to 8-1/2s).

I pulled the old beaten down Dr. Scholl's out of the shoes, used each as a template for its replacement and began cutting. They cut nicely but not so easily that you could have accidently ripped something while cutting. In fact, there was enough fight back to let you know you better mean business. I say that in a good way. The insoles slipped nicely into my shoes.

Do as the directions suggest, break them in ahead of time. Wear them an hour or so the first day, a few more hours the second, etc. It's better to do this at home on a weekend. If it doesn't work out for you, you won't be stuck with them in your shoes while at work or away from home.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the money at all, October 2, 2013
Like having sweaty feet? Buy these! You should be able, however, to find some insoles covered in breathable material for what these cost. Not only that, but after trimming to EXACTLY fit my shoes, the arch support was too close to my heel and not at all comfortable. I had to give them another trim so the arch placement would be correct, and of course now they slide around in my shoes since they're too small. Please don't waste your money. If I could give zero stars I would.

5.0 out of 5 stars Only thing that helps my severe Plantar Fasciitis, November 6, 2010
I have severe plantar fasciitis... to the point where I'm still contemplating a plantar release on both feet. Super feet help me immensely. I only wish they were less expensive so I could own a pair for every pair of shoes I own. I end up swapping 2 pair in and out of all my shoes. They aren't squishy or plush, but they support your heel and offer just enough arch support to make a world of difference of you suffer from PF or sore heels. HIGHLY recommend to anyone w/ PF!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for everyone...3.5 Stars, June 27, 2011
P. Opus (Florida, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Superfeet Green Premium Insoles (Apparel)
There are at least several general types of gaits which people have. Some feet tend to over-pronate (a person who walks more heavily on the inside of their feet), over-supinate (a person who walks more heavily on the outside of their feet), or have a more-or-less "neutral" gait (not pronating or supinating excessively). The normal gait cycle involves some degree of pronation and supination. Arguably, too much pronation or supination can cause pain in your feet. Although gait issues can be hard to diagnose, it can be fairly easy for a trained doctor to tell you whether your gait falls sufficiently outside the norm to require some kind of corrective treatment.

Enter Superfeet, a less costly alternative to a custom orthotic device for those in need of controlling their foot motion. As advertised, Superfeet reposition your feet inside the shoe by firmly cupping your heels, supporting your arch, and generally keeping your feet from moving in such a way as to cause pain. For those who need them, Superfeet are very effective and do their job nicely. They are also easily obtainable for a good price, and marketed as a premium replacement insole.

Superfeet are very popular and the way they sell, you'd think every person has significant gait issues and requires motion control devices in their shoes. In reality this is not the case (see first paragraph). For example, I have a pretty neutral gait. I pronate just a little on one foot and actually supinate on the other a bit, but by-and-large I walk fine. However when I developed some heel pain I decided to try Superfeet because they are advertised as a solution for that. I ended up with knee pain because these forced my feet into an unnatural (for me) walking position that altered my gait and put pressure on areas that were not accustomed to it. I ended up seeing a doctor who instructed me to use cushioned insoles only instead of something rigid like this. Fortunately I was able to take advantage of the 60-day money-back guarantee for these which is a nice thing.

My point is this -- Superfeet makes a great product, nothing at all against it, and if you need it I think it's a far better investment than expensive custom orthotics that do the same thing. But if you have a problem with your feet, or knees, or hips, or anything else, see a doctor before buying any devices to put in your shoes! A good orthopedist will be able to direct you regarding what sorts of inserts, if any, you will need. You may be able to figure it out on your own or by going to a running store, but if you get it wrong you may end up making matters worse. That was my story and sure it's my own fault for not starting in the right place, but it's a common mistake to make.

So overall: 5 stars for the product (it does do its job) - 1.5 stars for the lack of clarity in the advertising as to the type of gait problems these are supposed to treat = 3.5 Stars.

1.0 out of 5 stars Designed for your shoes not your feet., December 11, 2012
I have large feet, a little wide, with very high arches; they are very healthy.

The original insoles on a pair of my sandals wore out and, since I wanted to keep using the sandals, I bought these. The sandals are size 13D and the new insoles fit them perfectly. I find the insoles are too thin in the forefoot resulting in a built-in ledge in the arch area. The normal arch on the inside of the foot, though high, is no problem to me. The effect of the ledge, however, is to give you an uncomfortable mini-arch on the outside of your foot where your foot has no arch.

Not painful - but not quite right.

Jim

Update May 24, 2013

Lowered my rating from two to one star. I pulled the sandals out when spring hit a few weeks ago. The insoles are still uncomfortable.

Jim

5.0 out of 5 stars Superfeet, January 3, 2007
I have plantar fascitis and these are the only insoles that work for me in alleviating discomfort. Would not be without them. I have a pair for ever shoe I wear. The price was excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Non-Custom Orthotic, May 14, 2014
This review is from: Superfeet Green Premium Insoles (Apparel)
When I worked in a running store this is what we recommended. Instead of just "filling-in" the arch it actually helps keep it from collapsing to begin with, which is why it feels quite odd (and not uncommonly somewhat uncomfortable) at first. The high part sits right at the back of the arch, where the heel starts rising, so that takes some time to get used to. It will make your feet hurt for a little bit until they're broken in. It should not make your knees or hips or any joint hurt; if it is, you may have the wrong size or the wrong color. If Green isn't working for you because of joint aching in other places, Blue might be better for you as it's not as far up. If you pronate when you run, for the love of your knees and hips please get something in your shoes! The sock liner that comes with your running shoes will feel great for a little bit (and it's supposed to in the store), but once it compresses the cushy feeling goes away, and it was never really helping with pronation at all. Shoes for pronation are stiffer and don't twist with that foot motion but don't do anything to keep the arch anatomically correct.
To size them for your running shoe, take out the sock liner, and put both of them upside down. Put the sock liner on top of the superfeet, heel on top of heel and straightened out along the arch edge (since you'll be cutting away some material, you want to cut away from the side that isn't on the arch edge preferentially) and trace the line out. Then cut just inside that line by a hair. When you put the superfeet into your shoe make sure they have just a little bit of wiggle. Half a cm or so should be fine.
On a personal note with these things, when I met my husband he had horrible hip pain. He was only 24, but he ran a lot in the Navy and he pronated heavily. I got him into proper shoes and made him stick with the week or so breaking in period for the superfeet also. His hip pain started to go away, and after a couple of months it only bugged him when he laid down on his side.
If you're having trouble figuring out which one is for you, go to a running store that carries these and have them help fit you. They're very much worth the trouble.

5.0 out of 5 stars Check the your arch type before buying!, November 7, 2010
Good product just not the right ones for me. I should have gotten the blues or the blacks for soccer. The greens are for high arches, my arches are medium to low and the greens are just a bit too much for me. If you have a wide heal go up a size!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent. Here's a sizing tip/guide:, July 15, 2014
This review is from: Superfeet Green Premium Insoles (Apparel)
These are great for added stability and support. I have a pair in each of my everyday shoes and my running shoes. I'm on my third pair now. I used to get them at Dick's Sporting Goods but it is cheaper on Amazon. Here's a good sizing tip (which I learned after my second pair):

-Go to your local Dick's Sporting Goods store or any retailer that carries Superfeet
-Try on all the different sizes regardless of your shoe size
-**Make sure the arch support portion of the insole fits along your arch** (I used to wear insoles that matched my shoe size but noticed there was a small gap between a portion of my arch and the insole)
**If your Superfeet insole is longer than your shoe:
-When you get home, take out your original shoe insole and place it on top of your Superfeet insole; trace the toe area of original insole on the Superfeet
-Cut your Superfeet and it should fit right into your shoe

I used to wear Size E because my shoe size is a 10 but now I wear a Size F and just cut it accordingly and it feels better than I could have imagined.

2.0 out of 5 stars Undersized, December 13, 2013
pH (San Francisco, USA) - See all my reviews
These say that they fit US Men's sizes 9.5 - 11, but they were far too small for a size 10.5 shoe. Not even close. Get a size at least +2 from your shoe size.

Superfeet Green Premium Insoles