Published on May 2, 2010 by Recurring Dream

3.0 out of 5 stars Not enough arch support
Published on July 25, 2011 by Erik

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent support, but make sure you get the right fit for your arch., May 2, 2010
This review is from: Superfeet Men's Orange Premium Insole (Apparel)
I bought my orange Superfeet for hiking and they make a huge difference, making my feet feel less tired after a long day's walk and offering good arch support that helps my posture. Before using these, I had never used orthotic insoles, but now I wouldn't hike without them. The orange Superfeet are, in my experience, much the same as the green except with thicker padding for the forefoot. Orange Superfeet have a high arch. Do not buy these if you have flat feet or the arches will dig into your feet, and these are made with very hard plastic. Superfeet have a whole range of options to match the style of your foot, and each different colour is a different shape.

You have to be very careful to get just the right fit with Superfeet. If at all possible I recommend going to a store and testing out the different sizes. The key is to buy Superfeet to fit your arch length, *not* your shoe size. I am a shoe size 9, so if I went by Superfeet sizing then I would need the "D" (7.5-9). Yet I have long arches so I actually use the "F" (11.5-13). I went to an outdoor store, tried all the different sizes and the salesperson helped me figure out that the larger Superfeet fit perfectly to my arch with no space between the sole and my foot. The smaller insoles left a small gap in my arch and would, over time, become quite uncomfortable. Superfeet are easy to trim with scissors (you simply cut them to match the regular insole of your shoes) so don't be afraid to buy a much larger size if that's what fits your arch.

It's also important to make sure your heels fit well - if the heel cup is too small for your heel, the hard plastic will dig into your feet and you won't be wearing them for long! Conversely if the heel is too big, there won't be the support you're looking for. When you stand on the Superfeet, your heel should fit snugly in the cup and you'll know when it looks and feels right.

Superfeet can be hugely beneficial but only if you take the time to research and get the right fit. Ordering these purely based on your shoe size may prove to be a painful mistake. I wouldn't order these online unless you are able to either try them in a store first, or you are able to order several sizes and then return the ones that don't work for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars I like Orange better than Green, September 11, 2009
Travis S (Boston, MA USA) - See all my reviews
I switched from the green insoles to the orange about two years ago and have liked the orange ever since. They seem to give much more arch support and my feet feel better after a full day of walking than they would without them or with the greens. I tried the greens again a few months ago, but then went right back to purchase the orange after recieving the greens.

5.0 out of 5 stars orange superfeet are spectacular, January 14, 2013
I am an avid long distance hiker and am addicted to orange superfeet! I was told (not sure this is true, but...) that the orange heel was more male-specific than any other. I used to have heel problems when I used green superfeet, the heel cup was just a bit too narrow for me... now that I exclusively use orange my feet are as comfortable as can be.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superfeet, October 9, 2008
This insole is an insole that works for both underpronated and overpronated feet. It is really soft and comfortable to run with. I have been running with them for almost a month now and I am satisfied with them.

5.0 out of 5 stars The arch is too low but..., March 20, 2014
Steve Taylor (Only visiting this planet) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Length:: 2:29 Mins

This video will not play on some devices.

...... if I leave my origianl arches in my shoes they fit my feet perfectly. As you may have guessed it I have very high arches. I also suffer from plantar faciitis. My heel always hurts as does a couple places on the arch. I have no choice but to wear insoles, which I have done for as long as I can remember. I love a good pair of gels but they do not fix my problem, only delay the pain. These Superfeet are really nice but I find them (and any other insoles in this price range) too expensive. Companies feel they can overcharge because to get a custom insole from a podiatrist would cost you $300 or more. Superfeet are the best I've worn and the orange was a good choice. If you suffer like I do make sure you never go barefoot or wear shoes without your insoles in them. If you don't wear your shoes in the house (like me) get a pair of high arch sandles. Taping your arch up helps. If you don't know how to do it there are videos online of doctors showing you how. If you are overweight it would be an excellent time to do something about it because bad feet do not get better on their own.

Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great pair of insoles for climbing., April 19, 2009
Wore these pair to climb Mt. Shasta in California this weekend. My feet felt comfortable after 2 days of climbing in snow, ice and rocks. They are worth of the money spent! Get them if you do extended backpacking or climbing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best thing we've ever done for our feet!, January 12, 2009
My husband I love Superfeet. They last forever and are totally worth the money. We take out the padding that comes in our shoes and just put our Superfeet in whatever shoes we're wearing that day. I've had foot problems most of my life and now I don't. I think this is due to Superfeet providing excellent arch support and heel stability.

4.0 out of 5 stars A very good insole for higher arches, February 13, 2014
An ex-football player past his prime (6'3", 360 lbs, size 13D, medium arch), I was recently diagnosed with plantar fasciitis. My orthopedist recommended daily stretching exercises and Orthoheel slippers to wear indoors (no more walking around in socks). What a difference! The slippers and exercises lessened my symptoms from the start and, over time, eliminated most of my discomfort, so I decided to find some orthotic inserts to improve my street shoes.

So far, I've tested:
1. Dr. Scholl's Massaging Gel Extra Support
2. Aetrex Copper Medium Arch
3. Spenco Polysorb Total Support
4. Superfeet Copper DMP
5. Powerstep Pinnacle
6. Powerstep Pinnacle Pro

each for two hours' total walking time over a few days in two pairs of my favorite shoes: New Balance 606 hikers and Cole Haan loafers with Nike Air.

Dr. Scholl's Massaging Gel Extra Support: Advertised for big & tall men, they didn't do much for me. While the extra cushioning helped at first, it helped less and less the longer I walked on them. I mentioned this to my orthopod and he told me the key to managing PF is not cushioning, it's support. Grade: D

Spenco Polysorb Total Support: Remembering my doc's advice, I chose these for the rigid heel cup and arch support. Though quite comfortable overall, the arch support was a bit too low for my medium-high arches and the heel cup was insufficient support for weight. While they worked reasonably well for me, I believe they would a be better choice for lighter individuals with lower arches. Grade: B

Aetrex Copper Medium Arch: Promising better arch support, these felt very similar to the Spenco insoles even after walking around the block. I then swapped one of the Aetrex insoles for one of the Spenco insoles and walked around again. Only then could I tell them apart. The Spenco offered a little better support for the mid- and fore-parts of my foot, the Aetrex offered a little better support for my arch. Grade: B

Superfeet: I was in an Allen Edmonds store and noticed the Superfeet insoles. The clerk said many men my size have good success with them. I tried the Orange and the Copper DMP versions in the store. Finding the Orange too high for my arches, I got a pair of the Copper DMP. These are easily the most rigid of the insoles I've tried...and easily the best. Superfeet arch support sits farther back on the insole than other brands. This made a real difference in the support and comfort I felt walking long distances. I also found the medial post support in the heel did a better job than other insoles in combatting over-pronation. Grade: A [Update: I have since tried Superfeet Black in dress shoes that couldn't accommodate the Orange insole. They work well but are not as supportive as the Copper.]

Powerstep Pinnacle: While it seems well-made and offered good support, it simply did not work for me. The gel-based arch support sits too far forward and in the middle of the insole. The insoles felt like I had lumps of clay underfoot. After a few blocks of brisk walking, my feet began to fatigue as if I were walking barefoot in sand. Again, these may work for some people but they didn't for me. Grade: C

Powerstep Pinnacle Pro: Other wearers commented that the Pinnacle Pro differs markedly from the Pinnacle, so I tried a pair. I barely made it a block before heading back home. Though more rigid than the Pinnacle and with a better heel cup, the Pinnacle Pro was too inflexible through the arch and ball of my foot. These were the only insoles I tried that truly caused me pain. Of course, it could just be the contours of my feet, and for others the Pinnacle Pro might be great. Grade: F

5.0 out of 5 stars Best athletic insole you'll find, July 19, 2013
Skiing in Vail, I encountered real problems with what I thought were my boots. At the end of the day I realized I wasn't going to be able to continue the next day. Went to a ski shop with the intention of buying new boots (certainly not an inexpensive proposition in Vail). Sales person suggested I try Superfeet before buying new boots. I used them the next day and was absolutely amazed at the difference.
Still using the same boots and skiing comfortably.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not enough arch support, July 25, 2011
This review is from: Superfeet Men's Orange Premium Insole (Apparel)
By the time I purchased this pair of Superfeet insoles, I had been all too familiar with the pains and swelling of plantar fasciitis on my right foot for a little over a year. There were simply way too many times I had to cut my runs short because of the painful inflammation that would develop after about 2 miles into my runs. Because of this I never really went over 12 mile runs a week. I have somewhat higher than average arches and therefore needed adequate support for them. After having tried other insoles and heel cups from other brands, I was recommended I try a pair of orange Superfeet insoles by an employee at a shoe store I regularly visit. I bought a pair to put in my everyday Vans and a pair for my Brooks Beasts to make sure my arches were supported whether I walked in casual shoes or went for a run. I refrained from running for about two weeks and finally went for a run and noticed no sense of swelling on my right foot. Sadly, that was only for about the first 2-3 weeks and the inflammation returned although not as severe. Stil, my right foot's condition was still prominent enough for me to look for arch support elsewhere. The problem that I seemed to have was that these Superfeet insoles only provided enough support for about half of my foot's arch, the half closes to the heel of my foot. That gap in support started to give me pain in the upper half of my arch. While they proved to be somewhat supportive, they didn't really deliver for me.

Superfeet Men's Orange Premium Insole